About Kuari Pass Trek
In 1905, Lord Curzon reached Kuari Pass 3757 meter, Kuari pass means doorway. He made the trek and since then it is also known as the Curzon trail. The main attraction of it is the imposing view of the eastern peaks of Garhwal Himalayas, the twin peaks of Nanda Devi, Kamet, Dronagiri, Trishul, Bertholi, Hathi Ghodi Parvat, Mana, and Neelkanth peaks. The trek passes through Pristine Rhododendron, Oak Forest and Deodar forest. The Kuari Pass trek is a highly varied & scenic trek.
Please Note: During Kuari Pass winter trek you may require Crampons and other technical equipments. We will make sure we provide you technical equipment’s and crampons. Same time we would suggest you to carry your own personal stuffs necessary to be fit in Snow and mountains. Please confirm and cross check with your trek leader during first day of introduction session.
Kuari Pass Trek Information
- Trekking and Camping
- Nearest Town Kuari Pass Winter Trek Joshimath
- Kuari Pass Trek duration 5 Days / 4 Night
- Trek Grade Kuari Pass moderate
- Total distance you will cover on Kuari Pass 30 Km Approx (Both the ways)
- Accommodation Hotel / Tent on double and triple sharing basis
- Trek start point and end point Joshimath for Kuari Pass Trek
Kuari Pass Trek Cost - RS 10,000 plus gst
Event Itinerary Kuari Pass
Day 1 Reach Joshimath, Rest in Guest House.
Day 2 Joshimath to Dhak to Gulling top
Day 3 Guling top to Tali forest camp
Day 4 Tali forest camp to Kuari pass and back via Khullara top
Day 5 Trek from Tali to Auli, Drive to Joshimath Stay Overnight in Hotel. Journey Ends.
Day 1: Arrive in Joshimath
- Arrive in Joshimath at any time during the day.
- Check into guest house.
- Team and Trek Leader introduction in the evening.
Day 2: Joshimath to Dhak (Drive), Dhak to Gulling (Trek)
- We will start in the morning, around 9 am after self-sponsored breakfast, from our accommodation in Joshimath and reach the last point on road for the trek, Dhak Village.
- The village comes after a short (30 mins) but very picturesque ride of around 10 Kms from Joshimath where you get beautiful views of peaks like Dronagiri on your left. We gear up to start the trek by around 10 am from Dhak Village.
- On the way we will find beautiful green farms, dusty trails and we will cross Himalayas village (Karachi and Tugashi Village)
- We will reach our first campsite on or before 3:00 PM and have hot lunch.
Day 3: Guling top to Tali forest camp
- We will Wake up in time next morning to start on a 5-hour journey deeper into the forest of Talli. After the exacting climb of last day, the trek today will be less arduous. The gradients of ascent are relatively smooth and will allow you an enjoyable hike.
- Twenty minutes into the trek, you will come to a green clearing overlooking the magnificent snow peaks. After a few moments of rest, the climb must continue crossing a little stream to enter a mixed forest slowly thickening with oaks and rhododendrons. If you are coming in late March you might still find some white and pink blossoms.
- At the height of winter’s splendour, you can find everything in the forest coated with a cover of snow. In the thickening snow, light, and shade of the conifer forests of Gulling, your second camp on the trek will be pitched.
- Along this path, the Hathi-Ghori peaks will be manifesting gloriously along with Dronagiri now somewhat flipped to the side.
Day 4: Tali to Kuari Pass to Tali (Trek)
- Fourth day is the summit day, likely to span 10-11 hours depending on the group’s pace. You need to gear up appropriately for high snow and squalling wind on the ridges today. There is going to be no water source found on the way today, so carry enough to sustain you through.
- The climax of this trek comes with a visual bang exposing a host of Garhwal behemoth peaks, unveiling—Kedarnath Peak, Kedardome, Chaukhambha, Balakun, Neel Kantha, Mukut Parvat, Kamet, Abhi Gamin, Mana I, Ghori Parvat, Hathi Parvat, Dronagiri, Kalanka, Changabang, Nanda Devi, Nanda Ghunti.
Day 5: Trek from Tali to Auli, Later Drive to Joshimath.
- Auli is Ski destination, Rishi Ganga River
- Dig into breakfast early in the morning after a round of routine exercises. Follow the downhill trail alongside Rishi Ganga River. Arrive at a motorable road and board vehicle to reach Joshimath.
- Along the way pass by Auli, a popular hill station and skiing destination. During winter months, you could also opt for a skiing experience here. Overnight stay at Joshimath. Journey Ends.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Joshimath to Dhak Village and from Auli to Joshimath
- Permission from Forest Dept. and Camping Charges
- 2 Nights Guest House/ Hotel stay in Joshimath.
- Stay in tents on sharing basis, sleeping bags, matters, blanket and other required technical equipment during camping.
- Basic Veg food (Starting Lunch on Day 2)
- Safety and medical kit
- Trek Leader Expertise, cook, helpers, porters & mules for carrying common luggage.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything not mentioned in the included list.