Nestled among the serene heights of the great Himalayas are four pilgrim-destinations namely Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath, collectively known as Char Dham. These pilgrimage centers draw the maximum numbers of pilgrims each year, thus becoming the most important hubs of religious travel in the whole of Northern India. Traditionally, the pilgrimage begins from the West and ends in the East. Thus, the Char Dham Yatra commences from Yamunotri, then proceeding to Gangotri and finally to Kedarnath and Badrinath.
Each of these four sites is devoted to a specific deity. Yamunotri is dedicated to the Goddess Yamuna who goes along the pilgrims to the high altitudes of the picturesque Rawai Valley. It is believed that a bath in the waters of the Yamuna protects the devotee from untimely death. Gangotri is dedicated to the Goddess Ganga. The shrine overlooks the River Bhagirathi, another name of River Ganga – the name having been derived from the myth of the ancient King Bhagirath’s penance that succeeded in bringing her upon the earth from the heaven. Kedarnath is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is also a part of the Panch Kedar. It is the northernmost Jyotirlinga and is close to the source of the holy River Mandakini. Badrinath is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is situated on the bank of the River Alaknanda. According to legend, Lord Vishnu meditated here while his consort Lakshmi took the form of a berry (Badri) tree to offer him shade.
Before embarking on this journey, one has to be prepared to experience physical as well as mental hardships on the Himalayan roads. The Char Dham Yatra is one of the quite accessible yet most arduous journeys. The Yatra route in the state is usually bustling with activity, especially during the summer. The scenic beauty of the mountains solemnly provides strength to the pilgrims as they move towards their destination.
- HARIDWAR 1N
- BARKOT 2N
- UTTARKASHI 2N
- (KERDARNATH) SITAPUR 3N
- BADRINATH 1N
- KIRTINAGAR 1N
- RISHIKESH 1N
Char Dham Itinerary
DAY 01 : HARIDWAR
Arrival at Haridwar Railway Station & pick up. Later, hotel check inn, fresh up & relax at Hotel. Night halt at Haridwar. HARIDWAR the word ‘Haridwar’ literally suggests - Gateway to God. It is one of the seven holiest places for the Hindus. It is the place from where river Ganga descends to the plains. Haridwar forms the four important pilgrimage centers of India where Kumbh Mela is celebrated after every 12 years. Haridwar (Hardwar or Hari Dwar) is famous for its evening aarti held every day. Night halt at Haridwar.
DAY 02 : HARIDWAR - BARKOT
After breakfast proceed to barkot, evening arrival at Barkot. Relax exploring banks of river Yamuna. Night halt at Barkot. BARKOT is small village, doesn’t offer sightseen but have natural beauty in abundance. Tourist enjoy serenity, tranquility and want to envelope themselves amidst the nature. It’s ideal place to have stay geographically before witness blessings of River “Yamuna”.
DAY 03 : BARKOT - YAMUNOTRI - BARKOT
Day busy in excursion to Yamnotri temple darshan. Early morning move towards Janakichatti (1:30 hrs), post arrival having breakfast we proceed for Darshan. (Horse options are available for trek- Witness Yamnotri temple and hot sulphur springs). Day to utilize & by noon back to Janakichatti & proceed to Barkot.. Night halt at Barkot.
YAMUNOTRI in the state of Uttarakhand, is an important hindu pilgrimage and one the Char Dham of Uttrakhand Yamunotri temple is situated at the left bank of holy river Yamuna. Highly revered as the origin of the majestic River Yamuna, Yamunotri is famed for its glaciers, and thermal springs.
DAY 04 : BARKOT- UTTARKASHI
After breakfast proceed towards Uttarkashi, noon arrival at Uttarkashi. Hotel check inn,post lunch visit Kashi Vishwanath temple in the evening. Night halt at Uttarkashi. UTTARKASHI is much like Kashi of the plains. The town located on banks of river Bhagirathi, also know as Ganga before confluence of Devprayag.
DAY 05 : UTTARKASHI- GANGOTRI- UTTARKASHI
Full day excursion to Gangotri. En-route pass by Harsil Scenic Village. Visit Gangotri temple, Bhagirath rock and see Bhagirathi river. Night halt at Uttarkashi. Emerges from Devprayag & exists at Haridwar. The source of river is Gangotri glacier, Satopanth glacier, Khatling glacier. There are many streams comprise ganga followed by SIX main streams. Alaknanda, Dhauliganga, Nandakini, Pindar, Mandakini & Bhagirathi.
DAY 06 : UTTARKASHI – RUDRAPRAYAG- SITAPUR
After breakfast proceed to Rudraprayag. En-route visit the Tehri Dam of Garhwal. Arrival at Sitapur in the evening. Night halt at Sitapur. RUDRAPRAYAG lies at the Sangam of Alaknanda & Mandakini, rich variety of flora & fauna. TEHRI DAM is the tallest dam in India and one of the tallest in the world. It is a multi-purpose rock and earth-fill embankment dam on the Bhagirathi River near Tehri. SITAPUR falls on the Chardham route. It is close to Kedarnath.
DAY 07 : SITAPUR- KEDARNATH
Departure to Gauri Kund, the base camp of Kedarnath. Gauri Kund to Kedarnath (22 kms) is a trek. On Arrival at Kedarnath in the evening visit the famous Kedarnath temple and Shankaracharya Samadhi. Night halt at Kedarnath.
GAURI KUND is the commencement point of the trek of 18Kms to the scared Shrine of Kedarnath. Place is named after Goddess Parvati, wife of Lord Shiva, temple og Gauri is situated here.
KEDARNATH is one amoung Char dham, located in Himalaya. It is most popular destination for all hindu pilgrims of all over the world.
DAY 08 : KEDARNATH - SITAPUR
Start descend trek to Gaurikund. Day for Self activity. Arrival & Night Halt at Sitapur.
DAY 09 : SITAPUR – BADRINATH
Proceed to Badrinath, visit Guptkashi Arrival & visit Mana village - Saraswati river, Vyas Gumpha, Ganesh Gumpha, Bhim Bridge & Pandava’s Swargarohini Margdarshan. Night halt at Badrinath.
DAY 10 : BADRINATH - KIRTINAGAR
Early morning proceed for Badrinath Temple, Take a holy dip in Tapt Kund fed by the hot sulphurous springs. Proceed to Kirtinagar enroute view the 3 Sangams of holy rivers (Karnaprayag – Alaknanda and Pinderganga) / (Nandprayag - Alaknanda and Mandakini) / (Vishnuprayag – Alaknanda and Dhauliganga) & Night halt at Kirtinagar.
Badrinath is situated in the lap of Nar-Narayan Parvat, with the towering Neelkanth peak (6,597mts.) in the background. Also known as the Vishal Badri, the largest among the five Badris, it is revered by all as the apt tribute to Lord Vishnu.
DAY 11 : KIRTINAGAR - RISHIKESH
Proceed to Rishikesh. Enroute see Deoprayag, the sangam of Alaknanda and Bhagirathi rivers. On arrival at Rishikesh visit Laxman Zhulla, Baba Kali Kamliwala Ashram, Geeta Bhavan. Night halt at Rishikesh.
DAY 12 : RISHIKESH - HARIDWAR DROP
Proceed to Haridwar & drop at railway station.
TOUR COST :
Rs. 33000/- Per Person
Rs.29000/- Extra Person (In Same Room with extra mattress).
- We shall not be responsible for any change in the itinerary / any cost increment in package due to landslides, flight cancellations, weather conditions , hikes in fuel or hotel rates , vehicle malfunction, political or social disturbance, Covid pandemic, or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred will be in addition to the cost.
- It is mandatory to carry the Photo identity Proof during travel and have to be presented at the time of Check Inn wherever applicable for security reason.
- During travelling , it is mandatory to carry a valid medical certificate (RTPCR Test Negative Report within 72 Hrs. of the departure / Double Vaccination Certificate). It will help the organizers to inform and alert all other persons during the tour that they can follow the medical/government norms in this regard.
- Guests can avail the facility of Pony / Doli/ else services at their own cost. Subject to Availability.
What is included in the tour
- Well appointed Room Accommodation on Sharing Basis.
- Travelling by Executive AC / Non AC Coach as per tour itinerary.
- Tour Manager Services from Day First Meeting point till the dropping point on Last day.
- All Meals - Breakfast Lunch Dinner (Pure Veg).
- Mineral Water (One Bottle Each).
- All applicable hotel taxes.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Airfare / Rail fare.
- Train Journey Meals / Any other meals not mentioned in inclusions.
- Any type of entry fees to monument, museums, adventure activities, etc.
- Any portage at airports & hotels tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions, political disturbances, Covid Pandemic, etc.
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woollen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woollen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 4 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho ( The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel