Irshalgad Fort Trek
Irshalgad derived its name from Irshal that means the top and 'gad' means the fort. This fort served as a watchtower in previous times due to its pinnacle. It was easy to keep a check over enemy movements around the fort. This trek to Irshalgad fort will test your endurance all through the trek putting forth various inclines and flat trails.
Irashalgad Fort Details
- Location - Between Matheran and Panvel
- Elevation - 3700 feet above sea level
- Difficulty level - high
- Cost for the trek - Rs. 899/- per person
Irshalgad Fort Night Trek Event Itinerary
Catch CSMT – Khopoli fast local
Get down at Karjat
- 11:18 pm CSMT
- 11:25 pm Byculla
- 11:31 pm Dadar
- 11:38 pm Kurla
- 11:42 pm Ghatkopar
- 11:58 pm Thane
- 12:13 am Dombivali
- 12:21 am Kalyan
- 01:12 am Karjat
01:20 am Meet at Karjat railway station ticket counter.
01:30 am Move towards base village by local transport.
02:30 am Reach at base village.
03:00 am Start ascending.
06:00 am Reach on top. Watch sunrise and explore the fort.
07:00 am Start descending.
10:00 am Reach at base village and have a breakfast.
11:00 am Start return journey towards Karjat station.
12:00 pm Reach at Karjat station and disperse.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Karjat to Karjat travel by local transport
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield / Sanitizer
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Challenges during Irshalgad Fort Trek
- Slippery trail
- Drizzle and rain
- Hot and humid weather
- Fear to go the wrong way, without a map
- No food and accommodation on the way.
Rewards Irshalgad Fort
- Breathtaking views with the first hike.
- Test of stamina
- Easy climb midway
- Views of high paddy fields
- Numerous caves
- Rock cut water cisterns
- Morbe dam in the view
This trek offers everything all through the way. The glimpse of the pinnacle hiding in the clouds returns the efforts you put in to climb the top. Breathlessness, tired feet, sore muscles; everything caused while hiking seems to pay; once you look at the Irshalgad pinnacle, standing head held high!
These breathtaking views give a break from the hectic daily life, offering the test of endurance to its trekkers. This high difficulty level trek is surely rewarding once you reach the top, crossing every obstacle the trek puts forth!
1. What is the height of Irshalgad Fort Trek?
The height of Irshalgad Fort Trek is approximately 3700 feet (1128 meters). It offers a thrilling ascent to reach the fort's pinnacle.
2. What is the distance of Irshalgad Fort from Mumbai and Pune?
Irshalgad Fort is located around 45 kilometers from Mumbai and approximately 130 kilometers from Pune. It is easily accessible from both cities, making it a popular destination for trekking enthusiasts.
3. What is the difficulty level of Irshalgad Fort Trek?
The Irshalgad Fort Trek is rated as moderate to challenging in terms of difficulty. It involves steep ascents, rocky patches, and uneven terrain, requiring a moderate level of fitness and trekking experience.
4. When is the best time to visit Irshalgad Fort Trek?
The best time to visit Irshalgad Fort Trek is during the monsoon season, which spans from June to September. During this time, the region receives ample rainfall, transforming the surroundings into a lush green paradise. The weather is pleasant, offering a refreshing trekking experience.
5. What are the places of interest near Irshalgad Fort Trek?
There are several places of interest near Irshalgad Fort Trek. Some notable attractions include Prabalgad Fort, an ancient hill fort with historical significance, Kalavantin Durg, a thrilling pinnacle trek nearby, Karnala Bird Sanctuary, a haven for birdwatchers, and Matheran Hill Station, known for its panoramic views and toy train ride. These attractions add to the overall experience of exploring the area surrounding Irshalgad Fort Trek.
6. How to trek with kids during a trek?
Trekking with kids can be a fantastic family adventure! Here are some tips to make it a great experience: Choose trails suitable for their age and abilities. Pack plenty of snacks, water, and their favorite treats to keep their energy up. Encourage them to explore and appreciate nature along the way. Take regular breaks for rest and games. Ensure they have comfortable shoes and dress in layers for the changing weather. Embrace the adventure together and create lasting memories. Have fun!
7. Which trek do you recommend for kids around Mumbai?
For kid-friendly treks near Mumbai, there are several options to choose from. Sondai, Karnala, and Lohagad offer scenic trails with moderate difficulty suitable for children. Prabalmachi, Matheran, and Korigad provide a mix of nature and historical exploration. Jambulmal and One Tree Hill are ideal for shorter treks with beautiful views. Dodhani Village in Matheran is another excellent choice for a family-friendly trek. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience and a chance for kids to connect with nature while enjoying the outdoors.
Kids trek near Mumbai - click here
8. Is it safe to go on a trek during monsoon in Maharashtra?
Trekking in Maharashtra during the monsoon season can be safe if proper precautions are taken. It is critical to choose well-maintained trails, listen to experienced guides, and stay up to date on weather conditions. Avoid going into unsafe regions or attempting dangerous river crossings. Always prioritise safety and be ready for slippery terrain and unpredictable weather.
9. How to protect your gadgets in monsoon trek
To protect your gadgets during a monsoon trek, take essential precautions. Invest in waterproof covers or cases for your gadgets and use a dry bag or waterproof pouch to store them when not in use. Ziplock bags can provide additional protection. Place silica gel packs in your bags to absorb moisture. Use umbrellas or rain covers to shield your gadgets from rain. Avoid submerging them in water and consider backing up your data regularly. Carry power banks or extra batteries for backup power. Being cautious will help ensure the safety of your gadgets in wet conditions.
10. What should I pack for a monsoon trek in Maharashtra?
Pack essential items such as a waterproof backpack, rainproof jacket, quick-drying clothing, extra pairs of socks, trekking shoes with good grip, insect repellent, a waterproof cover for electronic devices, and a first aid kit. Carry enough water and energy snacks as well.
11. Are leeches a problem during monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Yes, leeches can be encountered during monsoon treks in Maharashtra, especially in forested areas. To protect yourself, wear long socks, tuck your pants into your socks, and apply insect repellent on your legs. Carry a salt or lime solution to detach leeches if they attach to your skin.
12. What are some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra include Harishchandragad, Rajmachi, Andharban, Kalsubai, Bhimashankar, Tikona Fort, Torna Fort, Ratangad, Naneghat, and Visapur Fort. These treks offer scenic beauty and a unique experience during the monsoon season.
13. Are you looking for a new experience?
Irshalgad Fort Trek is the perfect trekking destination. It's easy and not too strenuous, so it's suitable for all ages and fitness levels. You'll get to see some of the most beautiful forests near Mumbai, explore caves, climb up a rock-cut step or two, and enjoy the foggy weather that only monsoon season can bring!
We know you're going to love this trek as much as we do. So come on out with us today and have an incredible time exploring one of Mumbai's hidden treasures! If this sounds like something you're interested in, click on this bio link for more information about the trek! We can't wait to hear from you soon.
14. Why should you join Treks and Trails? Are you looking for a safe trekking experience?
We are an experienced, all-inclusive trekking company with curated routes and safe treks for solo women travelers. We offer group discounts and have been featured in all the leading newspapers. Join us on our next Mumbai to Mumbai Trek!
You'll be able to explore remote villages, meet new people, and enjoy the beauty of India's countryside without any worries about safety or security. Our team is here to make your journey as enjoyable as possible so you can focus on what matters most - enjoying yourself!
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )