History mentions that Bhojraj, a descendant of the Shilahar Dynasty built this fort. Hence it can be assumed that this fort is at least 800 years old. The Portuguese rebuilt this fort after they captured it during their rule. In 1737, Peshwa won this fort during his campaign of the Konkan and in 1818 this fort came under the British rule.
Asherigad One Day Monsoon Trek Event Details
- Asherigad trek difficulty level: Medium
- Asherigad trek base village: Khodkona
- Asherigad fort height: 2000 feet
- Asherigad region: Palghar
- Asherigad trek duration: 2-2.5 hours
Cost for Asherigad Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 799/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1399/- per person
Asherigad Trek 2023 Event Itinerary
- 05:45 am - Meet us at Pritam da Dhaba, near Kotak ATM, Dadar (east).
- 06:00 am - Departure from Dadar in private non-ac bus till base village.
- 06:15 am - Pick up at Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop, Bandra.
- 06:25 am - Pick up WEH Metro Station Bus Stop, Andheri.
- 06:35 am - Pick up at Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall, Goregaon.
- 06:50 am - Pick up at Omkareshwar temple / National park bus stop, Borivali.
- 07:05 am - Pick up at Kashimira Police Chowki,
- 07:10 am - Pick up at Fountain Hotel, Ghodbundar (Suitable for people coming from THANE)
07:30 am - Meet us at Virar Phata (those who are travelling by own transport)
Breakfast on the way.
08:30 am - Reach at base village.
08:45 am - Start ascending.
11:00 am - Reach on top and explore.
12:00 pm - Start descend.
02:00 pm - Reach at base village and Lunch.
03:00 pm - Start return journey to Mumbai.
07:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Dadar.
- If you wrongly booked for different date or batch. And you want to change date within 3 days of departure, then transfer charges will be applied which will be Rs. 200/- per person.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Dadar to Dadar travel by private non-AC vehicle
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
TREKS AND TRAILS EVENTS RULES
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Asherigad Fort Trek | Monsoon Trek from Palghar & Thane
A Monsoon trek to Asherigad Fort, a great getaway for people coming to Mumbai. Put on your trek shoes and get ready for TREKKING near Thane & Palghar!
Asheri Fort / Asheri is a fort located 102 km from Mumbai and 88 km from Thane. It is in Palghar district, of Maharashtra. This fort is an important fort in Palghar district. The fort is located on the hills near Mendhavan Khind on Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway. The base village Khodkona is a very small tribal village. The Fort restoration is done by the local villagers.
Asherigad Fort was built by the Bhojraja of Shilahara dynasty. This fort was captured by Bimb Raja of Mahim (Palghar) from Kolis. In the 17thcentury, Mughals gain the control of Asherigad fort but it was immediately taken back by Portuguese. Asherigad is located in Khodkona village which is on the Mumbai -Ahmedabad highway. This fort is in the Thane District.
Asherigad or Asheri Fort is a 510m tall mountain in Palghar Manor region which went into many hands of rulers. A Complete Guide to Asherigad trek by public transport from Mumbai, a great getaway for people coming to Mumbai.
1. What is the height of the Asherigad Fort Trek?
The height of the Asherigad Fort Trek is approximately 2,230 feet (680 metres) above sea level.
2. What is the distance of Asherigad Fort from Mumbai and Pune?
The distance of Asherigad Fort from Mumbai is approximately 130 kilometres, and from Pune, it is approximately 300 kilometres. These distances may vary depending on the route taken.
3. What is the difficulty level of Asherigad Fort?
The difficulty level of the Asherigad Fort trek is considered moderate. The trek involves some steep ascents and descents on rocky terrain, and a moderate level of endurance is required.
4. Asherigad Fort: best time to visit
The best time to visit Asherigad Fort is during the winter and post-monsoon seasons, from October to February. During this time, the weather is pleasant and suitable for trekking. It is advisable to avoid visiting during the monsoon season (June to September) due to slippery trails and the risk of landslides.
5. Places of interest near Asherigad Fort
- Vaitarna Dam: Located near Asherigad Fort, Vaitarna Dam is a popular tourist spot known for its scenic beauty. The dam offers panoramic views and is a great place for photography and picnics.Tringalwadi Fort: Situated in close proximity to
- Tringalwadi Fort is another ancient fort with historical significance. It offers breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys and is a favourite among trekkers.Vajreshwari Hot Springs: Located a short distance away,
- Vajreshwari Hot Springs is a natural hot water spring known for its therapeutic properties. It attracts visitors seeking relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary: Situated nearby, Tansa Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area rich in biodiversity. It is home to various species of flora and fauna and offers opportunities for wildlife spotting and birdwatching.Dabhosa Waterfall:
- Dabhosa Waterfall is a stunning waterfall that is a little further away and surrounded by lush vegetation. It is a popular spot for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
6. How to trek with kids during a trek?
Trekking with kids can be a fantastic family adventure! Here are some tips to make it a great experience: Choose trails suitable for their age and abilities. Pack plenty of snacks, water, and their favorite treats to keep their energy up. Encourage them to explore and appreciate nature along the way. Take regular breaks for rest and games. Ensure they have comfortable shoes and dress in layers for the changing weather. Embrace the adventure together and create lasting memories. Have fun!
7. Which trek do you recommend for kids around Mumbai?
For kid-friendly treks near Mumbai, there are several options to choose from. Sondai, Karnala, and Lohagad offer scenic trails with moderate difficulty suitable for children. Prabalmachi, Matheran, and Korigad provide a mix of nature and historical exploration. Jambulmal and One Tree Hill are ideal for shorter treks with beautiful views. Dodhani Village in Matheran is another excellent choice for a family-friendly trek. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience and a chance for kids to connect with nature while enjoying the outdoors.
Kids trek near Mumbai - click here
8. Is it safe to go on a trek during monsoon in Maharashtra?
Trekking in Maharashtra during the monsoon season can be safe if proper precautions are taken. It is critical to choose well-maintained trails, listen to experienced guides, and stay up to date on weather conditions. Avoid going into unsafe regions or attempting dangerous river crossings. Always prioritise safety and be ready for slippery terrain and unpredictable weather.
9. How to protect your gadgets in monsoon trek
To protect your gadgets during a monsoon trek, take essential precautions. Invest in waterproof covers or cases for your gadgets and use a dry bag or waterproof pouch to store them when not in use. Ziplock bags can provide additional protection. Place silica gel packs in your bags to absorb moisture. Use umbrellas or rain covers to shield your gadgets from rain. Avoid submerging them in water and consider backing up your data regularly. Carry power banks or extra batteries for backup power. Being cautious will help ensure the safety of your gadgets in wet conditions.
10. What should I pack for a monsoon trek in Maharashtra?
Pack essential items such as a waterproof backpack, rainproof jacket, quick-drying clothing, extra pairs of socks, trekking shoes with good grip, insect repellent, a waterproof cover for electronic devices, and a first aid kit. Carry enough water and energy snacks as well.
11. Are leeches a problem during monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Yes, leeches can be encountered during monsoon treks in Maharashtra, especially in forested areas. To protect yourself, wear long socks, tuck your pants into your socks, and apply insect repellent on your legs. Carry a salt or lime solution to detach leeches if they attach to your skin.
12. What are some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra include Harishchandragad, Rajmachi, Andharban, Kalsubai, Bhimashankar, Tikona Fort, Torna Fort, Ratangad, Naneghat, and Visapur Fort. These treks offer scenic beauty and a unique experience during the monsoon season.
13. Are you looking for a new experience?
Asherigad Fort Trek is the perfect trekking destination for beginners. It's easy and not too strenuous, so it's suitable for all ages and fitness levels. You'll get to see some of the most beautiful forests near Mumbai, explore caves, climb up a rock-cut step or two, and enjoy the foggy weather that only monsoon season can bring!
We know you're going to love this trek as much as we do. So come on out with us today and have an incredible time exploring one of Mumbai's hidden treasures! If this sounds like something you're interested in, click on this bio link for more information about the trek! We can't wait to hear from you soon.
14. Why should you join Treks and Trails? Are you looking for a safe trekking experience?
We are an experienced, all-inclusive trekking company with curated routes and safe treks for solo women travelers. We offer group discounts and have been featured in all the leading newspapers. Join us on our next Mumbai to Mumbai Trek!
You'll be able to explore remote villages, meet new people, and enjoy the beauty of India's countryside without any worries about safety or security. Our team is here to make your journey as enjoyable as possible so you can focus on what matters most - enjoying yourself!
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com
Office timings are Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only