The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath.
Main attractions Harishchandragad Fort
- Saptatirtha Pushkarni
- Kedareshwar Cave
- Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff)
- Taramati peak,
- Temple of Harishchandreshwar
Event Details - Harishchandragad Trek via Tolar Khind
22:00 Report at Kalyan ST bus stand
22:30 Travel Kalyan Khubi Phata by bus. Reach Khubi phata .
00:00 General Instruction / Orientation & Night halt at Khireshwar village
06:30 Start Trek toward Harishchandragad fort
11:00 Reach On Top Of Harishchandragad. Explore - REST - Lunch - Explore – Photography
12:30 Visit Konkan kada & back to the temple. Dinner & night stay in the cave near temple.
07:00 Visit Taramati peak & back to temple.
08:30 Start descending Harishchandragad
13:00 Lunch in the village.
15:00 Reach Khubi Phata & proceed towards Kalyan.
20:00 Disperse at Kalyan ST bus depot (subjective)
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kalyan to Kalyan travel
- 2 morning tea and Breakfast
- 1 Veg Lunch
- 1 veg dinner
What is NOT included in the tour
- Emergency medical evacuations if any required
- Any other item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoes laces
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
4. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory, Sun Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
5. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
6. Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat, safety pins.
7. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. plate, tumbler, tea mug/ cup, spoon.