The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath.
Main attractions Harishchandragad Fort
- Saptatirtha Pushkarni
- Kedareshwar Cave
- Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff)
- Taramati peak,
- Temple of Harishchandreshwar
Event Details - Harishchandragad Trek via Tolar Khind
22:00 Report at Kalyan ST bus stand
22:30 Travel Kalyan Khubi Phata by bus. Reach Khubi phata .
00:00 General Instruction / Orientation & Night halt at Khireshwar village
06:30 Start Trek toward Harishchandragad fort
11:00 Reach On Top Of Harishchandragad. Explore - REST - Lunch - Explore – Photography
12:30 Visit Konkan kada & back to the temple. Dinner & night stay in the cave near temple.
07:00 Visit Taramati peak & back to temple.
08:30 Start descending Harishchandragad
13:00 Lunch in the village.
15:00 Reach Khubi Phata & proceed towards Kalyan.
20:00 Disperse at Kalyan ST bus depot (subjective)
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Kalyan to Kalyan travel
- 2 morning tea and Breakfast
- 1 Veg Lunch
- 1 veg dinner
What is NOT included in the tour
- Emergency medical evacuations if any required
- Any other item/event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoes laces
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
4. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory, Sun Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
5. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family doctor).
6. Personal bedding, sleeping Bag / 2 bed sheets & carry mat, safety pins.
7. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. plate, tumbler, tea mug/ cup, spoon.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.