TreksandTrails is going for a Monsoon trek to Harishchandragad on 12 - 13 July 2014
Summary: Overnight trek To Harishchandragad on 12 - 13 July 2014
Height: 4650 ft
Grade: Medium – tuff
Assembly: Kalyan Railway Station
Duration: 2 Days and 2 Nights.
Contribution: Rs 1400.00 If booked before 10 pm of 10th July '14, later Rs. 200 extra.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar,
TreksandTrails suggested List of Items
1. Snugly fitting canvas shoes / Sports shoes, Sewing kit, spare shoes laces
2. Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items
3. Pack your stuff with an extra polythene lining to protect the contents from rain.
4. Water Bottle (3lts minimum) compulsory ** Torch with spare set of batteries
5. Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt. Waterproof jacket / raincoat [It may rain]
6. Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by family Dr.).
7. Personal bedding, Sleeping Bag / 2Bed sheet & Carry mat, Safety pins.
8. Torch with spare set of batteries, Light weight towel. Plate, Glass, Mug/ cup, spoon.
**Carry one time meal for the trek. **
TreksandTrails itinerary fortrek to Harishchandragad on 12 - 13 July 2014
Day 1: 19:30 Report at Kalyan St Stand, Travel Kalyan Khubi Phata by Bus.Reach Khubi phata . General Instructions/Dinner/ Orientation & Night halt at Khireshwar village
Start Trek toward Harishchandragad. Reach On Top Of Harishchandragad. Explore - REST - Lunch - Explore – Photography
Visit Konkan kada & Back to Temple. Dinner & Night stay in the cave near temple.
Visit Taramati peak & back to temple. Start descending Harishchandragad n Lunch in village.
Reach Khubi Phata & Back towards Kalyan. Disperse at Kalyan ST Stand approx at 20:00 (subjective)
Telephonic confirmation is required to confirm your participation.
Common info for every trek during monsoon season: - Due to the Monsoon season we recommend you to please take care at every place while walking /climbing / trekking. Rains are expected so please double pack your valuables in plastic bags to save them from getting wet. ***No plastic littering on the way or in hills/mountains. ***
TreksandTrails advisiory note:
Kindly carry 1 Identity proof at least for the trek. It’s not a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking exploration.
The leader’s decision will be final and all the members should abide by it.
Do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments.
Any kind of addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking.
Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or even local people.
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
2. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
3. TreksandTrails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
4. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact...send a text message.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
7. Please do not carry handbags or Jolas or Sling bags on treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )