Kalsubai Peak Camping and Trek - Highest Peak of Maharashtra
Kalsubai Peak with a height of 1646 meter or 5400 Feet is famous as the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. Camping under the stars and moonlight at the highest peak of Maharashtra is thrilling to experience.
Kalsubai Trek and Camping Event Details
Kalsubai Trek Difficulty Level: Medium
Base Village Kalsubai Trek: Bari
Shikhar Kalsubai Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Shikhar: 4 hours one way
Trekking Duration: 1 Night 2 Day
Climbing Kalsubai Distance: 5.5 km one way
Kalsubai Peak Height: 1646 meters
Highest Peak of Maharashtra Kalsubai Peak: 5400 feet /1646 meters
Cost: Rs 1100/- per person
Kalsubai Trek and Camping Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
For Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT- Kasara fast local
- CSMT-Kasara local timings
- 10:16 Mumbai (CSMT)
- 10:23 Byculla
- 10:29 Dadar
- 10:36 Kurla
- 10:40 Ghatkopar
- 10:57 Thane
- 11:11 Dombivli
- 11:19 Kalyan
- 12:32 Kasara
12:35 Meet at Kasara Railway Station near the ticket counter and start the journey towards Bari village by local jeep.
Lunch on the way at Dhaba. (by your own)
15:30 Reach Bari village.
16:00 Trek to the campsite.
20:00 Reach campsite and rest.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 Wakeup and freshen up.
06:30 Reach Kalsubai top.
07:30 Back to the campsite and have a breakfast.
08:00 Start descending towards base village.
11:30 Reach at the base and start return journey towards Kasara station.
14:30 Reach Kasara Railway Station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalsubai Trek and Camping, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Kasara to Kasara by Local Jeep
- Tented stay on sharing basis on top of mountain (triple/quad)
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra batteries
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping mat, Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars / ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal medicine
- Extra Clothes, Napkin
- Winter Jacket, Cap, Muffler
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Bari Village Kalsubai Maharashtra?
2. Kalsubai Map - Drive Through Map?
Please refer google maps or google earth.
3. Distance from Mumbai Kalsubai Shikhar highest peak in Maharashtra?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 155 km approx.
4. Distance from Pune Kalsubai Shikhar highest peak in Maharashtra?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx.
5. The number of days required for this event?
One day and One Night is required for Kalsubai Camping and Trek.
6. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
7. Is there any parking charge?
8. Do you provide sleeping bags?
NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
9. Are Toilet Available on Kalsubai Mountain?
Toilet available at base village only.
10. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services.
14. Where will we stay?
Homestay is required for this event.
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
16. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
17. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
18. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay.
21. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com