About Devkund Waterfall Trek from Pune
Visiting hidden paradises is a luxury that is best reserved for days when it often feels like the world is getting out of sync with you. The Devkund Waterfall, located near Bhira Dam in Maharashtra, India, is one place you can visit to rejuvenate yourself this rainy season and winter, or any other time of the year. The Devkund waterfall location is about 120 km away from Pune. Bhira waterfalls are accessible by hiking recommended during the Rainy season and winter months because it gets scorching and humid closed for the summer months. Devkund waterfalls Pune needs to be accessed only if adequate rainfall and dry up during summers.
Devkund waterfall trek is 175 kilometers from Mumbai, 115 kilometers from Pune, and 90 kilometers from Lonavala. Bhira, Patnus village in Raigad district, is the base village for the jungle waterfall trek in Maharashtra. Due to bad roads and heavy traffic, it will take 6 hours from Mumbai and 4 hours from Pune. You can take the Mumbai - Pune expressway and follow the Imagica to Pali to Devkund waterfall route.
Devkund waterfall trek is perfect for one day trek. The Falls, an amalgamation of three waterfalls, are regularly voted as the best jungle waterfall trek in India. You can dip your tired feet in the relaxing turquoise waters, enjoy the fish spa, and rejuvenate. The plunge waterfall changes colors depending on the time of the day, creating a magical and picture-perfect scene.
During the rainy season, the plunge waterfall, the origin of the Kundalika River, is fed by the Tamhini ghat, and the waterfall flow will be fierce. Be ready with waterproof cameras to capture the best moments of the monsoon waterfalls trek near Mumbai.
Devkund waterfall, also known as the "Bathing Pond of Gods," is a mystical waterfall with great mythological significance and is regarded as sacred by the villagers. It offers a natural pool for visitors to experience its pristine waters and indulge in a natural therapy session. The trek takes approximately three to four hours, covering a distance of six kilometers one way. The route, with its few perennial waterfalls, rocky outcrops, and lush jungle, presents a joyous and adventurous journey. The Devkund waterfall trek is a must-visit paradise for adventure enthusiasts, providing a fairy tale-like escape from the bustling city life.
Mumbai participants please click here for Mumbai batches
Devkund Waterfall Trek from Pune Details
- Devkund Waterfall's starting point height is 72 feet above sea level.
- Devkund Waterfall Trek route's highest point is 535 feet.
- As per GPS Devkund Waterfall height of 800 feet above sea level.
- Waterfall Height: 250 feet
- Base village: Bhira
- Region: Raigad district, Maharashtra
- Waterfall Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Trekking Route: Jungle pathway with multiple river crossings
- Devkund photos: available in the photo gallery
- Trekker Fitness and Endurance: Medium and BMI under 30
- Devkund Waterfall Trek Length: 6 km Approx one way
- Time required for the Waterfall hike: 2 hours one way
- Devkund Waterfall Trek Location: Patnus, Mangaon, Raigad, Pune, Maharashtra.
- Best Time for Devkund Waterfall Trek: June to February
- Devkund distance from Pune: 100 km will require 3 hours
- Devkund distance from Mumbai: 130 km will require 4 hours
- Devkund falls distance from Lonavala: 83 km will require 3 hours
- Washroom available at Base Village
Cost for Devkund WaterfallTrek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 899/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1399/- per person
Devkund Waterfall Trek from Pune Upcoming Batches
September: 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, 30
October: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
Devkund Waterfall Trek 2023 from Pune Event Itinerary
- 11:45 pm - Meet at McDonald's, Deccan. (https://goo.gl/maps/vDqyKCHanhSMxG1M6)
- 12:00 am - Move towards Andharban.
- 12:20 am - Pick up at Chandni chowk. (https://goo.gl/maps/WohdU94v34t8LbRP8)
- 12:35 am - Pick up at Wakad bridge / Rajyog hotel. (https://goo.gl/maps/z4hEjPnA6gQiSeqA7)
- 12:40 am - Pick up at Hinjewadi chowk. (https://goo.gl/maps/XGThDv8LtgGzVCM99)
- 12:50 am - Pick up at Pirangut chow, Hinjewadi phase 3. (https://goo.gl/maps/jdajrUqLFm539wqe7)
04:30 am - Reach Bhira base village parking and rest in the Bus.
05:00 am - Breakfast.
06:00 am - Start trek towards Devkund waterfall.
08:00 am - Reach the waterfall and enjoy some time there.
09:00 am - Start return trek towards base village.
11:00 pm - Reach at base village and Lunch.
01:00 pm - Start return journey to Pune.
06:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Pune.
Receive a trekking E-certificate on completion of the trek
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date and click on pay and book button.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out your personal details and proceed with reviews & payment.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive confirmation via email. (Please provide valid email id)
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 8 hours prior to the departure. (Please provide WhatsApp number while booking)
- Event Details and Trek Leaders details will be shared on that WhatsApp group only.
- If you wrongly booked for different date or batch. And you want to change date within 3 days of departure, then transfer charges will be applied which will be Rs. 200/- per person.
Attractions near Devkund Waterfall Trek
- You can explore nearby places for trekking like Ghangad, Tamhini Ghats, and Andharban.
- On the Kundailaka River, you can get in touch with nature and do things like rafting and kayaking.
- Camping near Bhira Dam in the middle of nature is a great way to relax.
- The historical significance of Kuda Caves is shown by their intricate carvings and Buddhist sculptures.
- Plus Valley offers peaceful hiking with stunning views and lush greenery.
Best time to visit Devkund Waterfall?
Devkund Waterfall Trekking is searching for that classic waterfall concealed inside the wilderness, which is hidden from the world. It is a 'plunge' waterfall, emptying massive volumes of water on the rocky surface underneath. It is a popular spot for one-day picnics. The best time to visit Devkund waterfalls is during the rainy season and the post-monsoon season until January. beautiful scenes.
How to reach Devkund Waterfall from Pune?
The waterfall is around 110 km from Pune city. We will give you the map location to the meeting point at Devkund waterfall trek parking place. It takes four hours to reach the trailhead from Pune.
Why should you choose Treks and Trails for Devkund Waterfall Trek?
- Six years of knowledge in managing Devkund Waterfall Trek with all safety SOP.
- We were preferred by over 20000 trekkers last year with a 4.7 review rating of 5.
- We equip one trek leader for every ten trekkers.
- Female trek leader on each trek
- Provide an E-certificate on successful completion of the trek. Valid for a lifetime with 99.9 percent availability online.
- E-certificate is tamper-proof and shareable on social media and leading networking websites.
- The roadmap includes adventure insurance for every trekker and trek leader for all our treks.
- We self-operate our treks
- Group discounts available
Devkund Trek Safety Advisory
Please note: Trekkers don't require previous trekking experience for the Bhira Devkund waterfall trek.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel by non-AC private vehicle
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Forest entry charges
Professional trek leaders
- Treks and Trails India Expertise Charge
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base and back (without transport option)
- Entry fee for foreign nationals
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Proper trekking gear
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Things to do on the Devkund Waterfall Trek
Devkund Waterfall Trek Pune is situated in the lush green environs of the Sahyadri range. We offer all-inclusive packages, discounts, trek guides, and much more.
- Bhira Dam is the starting point; the Kundailaka River is famous for Kolad River Rafting and Kolad Bungee jumping. There are many beautiful camping sites and resorts on the river.
- Day watersports packages are available at Kolad, including river rafting, boating, kayaking, swimming, and speed boat rides.
- Devkund Waterfall Trek is perfect for corporates who are looking for an easy trek with a resort stay.
- Devkund camping and waterfall trek is open after the rainy season, ideal for campers and outdoor enthusiasts.
- There are many fantastic treks in the nearby mountains from Plus valley trek, Khajina waterfall trek, Andharban Jungle trek, Garudmachi trek.
- Devkund is ideal for bird watching and spotting wildlife if you start your trek very early in the morning.
- If you want to introduce the countryside to your kids, the Devkund Bhira region is perfect; you can experience country life and fantastic food with many inviting homestays. Learn about their customs, history, work ethics, and lifestyle.
- The trek route is ideal for vloggers, writers, photographers, bird photographers, night photographers, video content makers as there are ample opportunities to make content go viral.
- If you are into Forts, there are many range treks available here, from Korigad to Sudhagad, Sarasgad to Sudhagad, and more. Few famous treks are available nearby within 50 kilometers.
Places to visit after the Devkund Waterfall Bhira Location
The best trekking destination in Maharashtra is Devkund Waterfall Pune. Tourists can enjoy the breathtaking view of the Sahyadri range, Tamhini ghat, and Kolad. We operate weekend group treks, private, corporate, and expedition tours in the Raigad district. Best places to visit after the Devkund Waterfall Bhira Dam.
- Hirdi Plateau
- Tata Power Dam at Patnus Bhira
- Andharban Jungle Trek
- Kolad River Rafting
- Khajina Waterfall
- Tamhini Ghat Waterfalls
- Sarasgad Fort
- Sudhagad Fort
- Pali Ganpati Mandir
- Mrugagad trek
- Unhere Kund Pali or Hot springs Pali
- Secret Waterfall Trek
1. How far is Devkund Waterfall from Pune?
Devkund Waterfall Bhira Dam has located 110 km from Pune. It takes around four hours to reach the Devkund Bhira Waterfall Parking from Pune. We will use the Tamhini ghat route to get Patnus village for this trek. Devkund waterfall trek distance is three kilometers one way it will take two hours to hike the distance from the trailhead. Devkund waterfall depth is 60 feet at the deepest end.
2. Can you recommend some famous waterfalls around Pune?
Are you looking for a place where you can escape the bustling city? The Devkund Waterfall trek in Raigad, Maharashtra, beckons to you. The Bhira waterfall is home to dense forests and hidden treasures in its waterfall scenery nestled in the Western Ghats. Many other equally enticing treks to choose from, whether the rainforests at Kataldhar, Lonavala or Kalu Waterfall, Malshej ghat, or Randha Waterfall, Bhandardara overlooks Rajur. Why not try them all?
3. How to reach Devkund Waterfall from Pune if I book with my transport option?
The waterfall is around 110 km from Pune city. We will give you the map location to the meeting point at Devkund waterfall trek parking place. It takes four hours to reach the trailhead from Pune. During monsoon, the road is in bad condition in the Tamhini ghat region. Would you mind loading the map coordinates before you start the car journey?
4. Do you conduct Devkund waterfall rappelling from Pune?
Yes, we conduct the Devkund waterfall rappelling after the rainy season is over. There are two rappelling required first is 130 feet, and the second is 250 feet from the waterfall mouth. Devkund waterfall depth is 60 feet at the deepest end.
5. Devkund waterfall camping and trek from Pune?
Devkund Waterfall Camping is available on the Kundalika River before the Patnus village. In the morning, campers can start the hike to Devkund Waterfall Pune. Camping is not allowed near the waterfall, and it is a sacred destination for the locals.
6. What is the difficulty level of Devkund Waterfall Trek?
Take a trip to Devkund Waterfall Pune, located on the Western Ghats of India. The hike falls into the easy to a medium category, and it takes three hours to complete this trek. It would be best if you had an average endurance level to complete this trek. Beginner and Expert trekkers can both enjoy the day hike.
The main Devkund Waterfalls lies in a rich woodland near Kolad. It is a great day trek, filled with dense greenery and Andharban mountain ranges filled with ravines and woods. This route back to nature has been praised by many as a fantastic getaway from city living. If you are looking for the best waterfall near me in Pune, your search stops here.
7. Devkund waterfall news, whether it is open or close?
Devkund waterfall trip make a getaway from the city both literally and symbolically? Embark on one of the most popular day trips in Maharashtra, the Devkund Waterfalls Pune! The waterfall is regularly banned from controlling large crowds who visit it. Devkund waterfall news keeps changing each weekend, and we get this question every week whether it is open or closed.
8. Can I come to the event to make a Devkund waterfall vlog?
Yes, we get many vloggers, bloggers, and photographers who come to document the Devkund waterfall vlog. You can also check our media bar for our video about the trek. Devkund waterfall trek distance is three kilometers one way from the trailhead.
9. What is your Devkund waterfall contact number?
Devkund waterfall Maharashtra is famous for its splendid landscape featuring miles and miles of valleys and forests. You can go exploring with your loved ones or on a solo outing. There are several things to do along the way which would add to the fun while you discover new heights! Kindly contact us on 8828004848 for Devkund Waterfall packages.
10. What is the Devkund waterfall's best time?
Want to escape urban city life and return to nature? Take a trip to Devkund Waterfall in Maharashtra. The Devkund waterfall best time is from June to January. During the rainy season, you can see the waterfall in full glory. Post monsoon, the waterfall flow reduces, and the whole area becomes golden and serene.
11. What is the total Devkund trek duration?
On the routes to the mountains, there are many trails. It would help if you had comfortable trekking shoes so you could enjoy the hike. The total Devkund trek duration is 8 hours. It will be a wonderful experience for trekking so don't miss it. Trek with your friends and family members for beautiful memories!
Our gallery has images from the rainy season to the winter season covering all Devkund waterfall images. Our Devkund place trek group size ranges from 20 to 40 people.
12. Which are the most popular trekking spot from Pune?
Trekking is a physically and mentally demanding activity. It requires a lot of planning and preparation before you can venture into the unknown. You need to ensure that you have chosen the right trekking spot that will test your physical prowess and allow you to enjoy the surroundings and take in the sights and sounds of nature. The most popular trekking spot from Pune is listed below.
- Sinhagad Fort Trek
- Devkund Waterfall Trek
- Harishchandragad Trek
- Andharban Jungle Trek
- Rajgad Fort Trek
- Torna Fort Trek
- Lingana Fort Climb
- Vasota Fort Trek
- Kalsubai Peak Trek
- Raigad Fort Trek
13. Is the Devkund trek safe?
If you plan to travel to the waterfall soon, you must consider your safety. The villagers have tried to make the trek route safe by creating markers, employing guides at the river crossing, forest guides at the main Devkund waterfall pond. Tourists, Hikers also need to manage their safety by following the rules and instructions of the locals, trek leaders, and safety professionals present during the trek and near the waterfall.
14. Do you offer a customised Devkund waterfall trekking package?
Would you mind chatting with us for a customised trekking package for large groups, corporates, families? Maharashtra is a popular trekking spot in India; it offers a fantastic experience for trekkers. The trekkers walk from one place to another place with amazing views of the mountains. Trekking in Maharashtra is no less than an adventure.
15. Why Devkund waterfall Pune Maharashtra is the most popular trek?
Trekking in Pune is a passion for some, while others look for weekend getaways or holidays that are more exciting. Waterfalls are the best option for trekking in Pune, particularly if you want a relaxing getaway. Waterfalls are popular vacation spots because of their calm and serene surroundings. Devkund trek distance is 110 km from Pune, making it a convenient day trek from the city. The destination offers a beautiful road trip, beautiful tour, homestay, local food, and other nearby activities.
16. How to trek with kids during a trek?
Trekking with kids can be a fantastic family adventure! Here are some tips to make it a great experience: Choose trails suitable for their age and abilities. Pack plenty of snacks, water, and their favorite treats to keep their energy up. Encourage them to explore and appreciate nature along the way. Take regular breaks for rest and games. Ensure they have comfortable shoes and dress in layers for the changing weather. Embrace the adventure together and create lasting memories. Have fun!
17. Which trek do you recommend for kids around Mumbai?
For kid-friendly treks near Mumbai, there are several options to choose from. Sondai, Karnala, and Lohagad offer scenic trails with moderate difficulty suitable for children. Prabalmachi, Matheran, and Korigad provide a mix of nature and historical exploration. Jambulmal and One Tree Hill are ideal for shorter treks with beautiful views. Dodhani Village in Matheran is another excellent choice for a family-friendly trek. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience and a chance for kids to connect with nature while enjoying the outdoors.
Kids trek near Mumbai - click here
18. Is it safe to go on a trek during monsoon in Maharashtra?
Trekking in Maharashtra during the monsoon season can be safe if proper precautions are taken. It is critical to choose well-maintained trails, listen to experienced guides, and stay up to date on weather conditions. Avoid going into unsafe regions or attempting dangerous river crossings. Always prioritise safety and be ready for slippery terrain and unpredictable weather.
19. How to protect your gadgets in monsoon trek
To protect your gadgets during a monsoon trek, take essential precautions. Invest in waterproof covers or cases for your gadgets and use a dry bag or waterproof pouch to store them when not in use. Ziplock bags can provide additional protection. Place silica gel packs in your bags to absorb moisture. Use umbrellas or rain covers to shield your gadgets from rain. Avoid submerging them in water and consider backing up your data regularly. Carry power banks or extra batteries for backup power. Being cautious will help ensure the safety of your gadgets in wet conditions.
20. What should I pack for a monsoon trek in Maharashtra?
Pack essential items such as a waterproof backpack, rainproof jacket, quick-drying clothing, extra pairs of socks, trekking shoes with good grip, insect repellent, a waterproof cover for electronic devices, and a first aid kit. Carry enough water and energy snacks as well.
21.Are leeches a problem during monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Yes, leeches can be encountered during monsoon treks in Maharashtra, especially in forested areas. To protect yourself, wear long socks, tuck your pants into your socks, and apply insect repellent on your legs. Carry a salt or lime solution to detach leeches if they attach to your skin.
22. What are some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra include Harishchandragad, Rajmachi, Andharban, Kalsubai, Bhimashankar, Tikona Fort, Torna Fort, Ratangad, Naneghat, and Visapur Fort. These treks offer scenic beauty and a unique experience during the monsoon season.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )