About Songiri Fort Trek
Songiri Fort Trek located near Palasdhari station on the Karjat - Khopoli railway line; this Fort is called Palasdhari Fort. You can spot the triangle-shaped mountain and the fortress from Palasdhari station. Avalas village located 25 minutes walking distance from the railway station is the base village for Songiri Fort Trek.
The trekking route is excellent dotted with waterfalls, birds, butterflies, and famous for wildlife and Herping. The landscape views during the trek and from the summit are incredible. The Jungle surrounding the Songiri Fort is dense; it is ideal for taking local help during the trek for first-time hikers. Songiri Fort trek will take three hours to complete one way. There are two more forts by the Name Songiri one located in Karjat and Nagothane.
Things to see at Palasdhari Fort
There is a secret waterfall hidden in the dense Forest you can use help from the locals to reach it, Palasdhari dam located near the Fort. You visit the Swami Samarth Math in Palasdhari village. The trek has become popular among the trek community after the trail was well marked and easy to follow. You can see the fantastic Rajmachi Fort, Bor Ghat, Dhak, Prabalgad Fort, and Bhivgad from the summit of Songiri Fort. Songiri Fort lies in ruins now with thick jungle cover and two water tanks and portions of fortification.
Songiri Fort Trek Itinerary
Please note you have to be a confident hiker with good endurance to complete this trek.
Please board the CSMT - Karjat train from your nearest Railway station on the central railway line.
- 05:20 CSMT
- 05:38 Dadar
- 05:48 Kurla
- 05:54 Ghatkopar
- 06:15 Thane
- 06:37 Dombivli
- 06:48 Kalyan
- 06:59 Ambernath
- 07:06 Badlapur
- 07:39 Karjat
- 07:45 am - Meet the team on the platform
- 07:50 am - Quick breakfast and tea at Karjat
- 08:34 am - Board the connecting train on Karjat Khopoli Line
- 08:39 am - Get down at Palasdhari Railway Station
- 09:00 am - Introduction and Trek instruction
- 09:15 am - Trek Begins through the dense Jungle
- 12:15 pm - Reach the Fort and enjoy lunch and explore the Fort
- 01:00 pm - Descend to the base village
- 04:00 pm - Reach the base village
- 06:02 pm - Board the Khopoli - CSMT Train
- 08:22 pm - Reach CSMT
Please note in case we miss the return train we will board the next train. Trek speed will depend on the group speed.
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast and morning tea
- Trek Leader expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Please note carry one time lunch
- Anything not mentioned in cost includes
- Train tickets