About Dhak Bahiri Caves
A cave fort in the Sahyadri ranges, accessible from Lonavla, Karjat, and Pune, is genuinely one of the offbeat treks in Maharashtra. A cave broached in a vertical wall is home of Bhairavnath temple, which offers the astounding views of surrounding jungle and so many famous spots in Lonavala like Rajmachi, Duke's nose, etc. A trek to Dhak Bahiri Caves is a surprise on every step due to changing terrains from grasslands to plateau walk to dense forest and ending with semi-technical vertical rock patch. Steel wires, fixed ropes have been attached, and steps have been carved in the rock for the safe climb to the caves.
Event Details - Dhak Bahiri Caves Trek and Camping
- Height of the Trek: 2700 Feet above sea level
- Activity Level: Moderate to Difficult
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Group Size: Medium Groups
- Trek Distance in Km: 8 km One Way
Event Itinerary Dhak Bahiri Trek
Mumbai Participant can Board Train from CSMT Station - Sinhagad Express 11009
- 14:30 CST
- 14:40 Dadar
- 15:08 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:08 Lonavala
Pune Participants - Board Train from Pune to Lonavala local from Pune Jn. at 5:15pm
Day 1 – Lonavala Station to Jambhiwali Village
6:00 pm: Pick up Mumbai trekkers from Lonavala Station and drive kamshet station by tempo traveler
7:00 pm: Pick up Pune trekkers at kamshet station
8:00 pm: Reach Jambhiwali village and enjoy a welcome drink.
8:30 pm: Tent allocation
9:00 pm: Dinner
10:00 - 11:00 pm: A short workshop on trekking, backpacking, mountain safety, and essential medication and campfire.
11:00 pm onwards- Free time and lights off
Day 2 - Jambhiwali Village to Dhak Bahiri & back to Lonavala Station
5:30 am: a Wakeup call
5:30 - 6:30 am: Time for morning chores.
6:30 - 7:00 am: Tea and breakfast.
7:00 am: Start trek to Dhak Bahiri.
9:30 am: Reach Dhak Bahiri
9:30-10:30 am: Time for a quick snack and to enjoy the view.
10:30-1:00 pm: Trek from Dhak Bahiri to Jambhiwali.
1:00-2:00 pm: Lunch
2:00 pm: Return journey from Jambhiwali to kamshet and Lonavala.
3:00 pm: Reach Kamshet
4:00 pm: Reach Lonavala.
What is included in the tour
- Evening tea, dinner, breakfast, snacks during trek, lunch (VEG)
- Transport from Lonavala/ kamshet to jambhiwali and return.
- Medical Kit
- Trek Leaders Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Packaged drinking water and other beverages.
- 1 Pair of socks
- Sun Cap
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 35 ltr
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines to Carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)