Rajmachi Fort Lonavala
Rajmachi Fort is a historical fort having two stronghold forts in Lonavala. Forts of Rajmachi Lonavala are Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat, which is a popular spot near Khandala known as Rajmachi View Point. Rajmachi is a famous spot for trekking in popular Lonavala Hill Stations. Lonavala to Rajmachi Fort is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala. There are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla only during winter and summer months. You can see the beautiful Kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort near Karjat has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route in Sahyadri Mountains. Popular among trekkers of India as one of the best trekking places in Maharashtra.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
- Rajmachi trek Fireflies at the end of Summer around May and June
- Kataldhar waterfall views from Shrivardhan Fort (In monsoon only)
- Shirota Lake views from Shirvardhan Fort
Rajmachi Trek and Camping Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala
- Tent stay
- Shrivardhan Fort Exploration
- Local village food
- Separate stay for females
Cost for Rajmachi Trek
- Khopoli to Khopoli: Rs. 2000/- per person
- Lonavala to Lonavala: Rs. 1600/- per person
Rajmachi Trek and Camping Itinerary
Catch CSMT-Khopoli train
- 12:20 CSMT
- 12:27 Byculla
- 12:33 Dadar
- 12:40 Kurla
- 12:44 Ghatkopar
- 13:00 Thane
- 13:13 Dombivali
- 13:22 Kalyan
- 14:20 Khopoli
14:30 Reach Khopoli and move towards Lonavala by local vehicle.
15:15 Reach at Lonavala.
Have Lunch (by your own)
16:15 Meeting time for Lonavala to Lonavala participants.
16:30 Move towards mid village by local vehicle.
17:30 Start trek towards base village - Udhewadi.
19:30 Reach at base village.
6:00 Wake up
Sunrise trek to Shrivardhan
8:30 back to base village and breakfast
Visit lake and temple
10:00 Start return journey towards Lonavala by local vehicle.
12:00 Reach Lonavala and start travelling towards Khopoli by local vehicle.
12:45 Reach Khopoli station and disperse.
Return journey option
Khopoli-CSMT fast local
- 13:48 Khopoli
- 16:09 CSMT
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Khopoli to Khopoli travel by local jeep (Khopoli to Khopoli option)
- Lonavala to mid village and Udhewadi to Lonavala travel by local jeep.
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on both day
- Travel till Khopoli / Lonavala and back. (as per your bookings)
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bed sheets)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
1. Can we drive to Rajmachi village?
Not in monsoon, Roads are closed during monsoon by villagers.
After the monsoon, you can drive Rajmachi base village with good SUV Car only
2. How far it is from Mumbai or Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx. Two hours' drive from Pune around 70 km. From Lonawala it will take one hour to drive or four hours to trek from the railway station.
3. The number of days required for this event?
Two days and One Night will be required for Rajmachi Fort Trek. Rajmachi trek difficulty level is medium with high endurance levels.
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala Maharashtra at your own risk. In case you drive till Udhewadi please make sure you have an SUV as the roads are in bad condition. Mumbai to Rajmachi driving distance is 100 km.
5. Is there any parking charge?
Yes payable to local forest officer. Parking fee and forest entry fees payable on arrival.
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Mattress: Like Yoga Mat is provided, Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags. Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets it will be enough as the weather is pleasant. We can help you rent sleeping bags if required for Rajmachi Mumbai Trek.
7. Is Toilet Available at the base village?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode. Please note during the trek there are no toilets available. There is no electricity in the village; please bring your torch to use the toilet at night.
8. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
9. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
Parents with small kids please call us before making a booking.
10. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available.
Jain food is available kindly mention in comments your requirement.
11. Phone Connectivity or Mobile Network during the Rajmachi Trek route?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services after you gain height on the forts you will get good connectivity. Lonavala altitude is 625 meter above sea level.
12. Where will we stay at Udhewadi Village?
- Kindly note during monsoon tent stay is not possible under any circumstances
- Tent Stay available - Twin Sharing and Triple Sharing Tents available. ( WInter and Summer )
- The homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided during monsoon
- Homestay has an Indian Commode toilet as running water is not available.
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in the advance jeep and arrange to stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
12. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided. Please bring reusable water bottles you can refill them. You can also buy bottles with filters like Lifestraw, Aquaguard ideal for trekking in Mumbai.
13. Can I charge my phone?
Udhewadi village doesn't receive electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
14. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
16. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking.
Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website on how to register tabs.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Do you have any one day trek near Mumbai?
We have plans for Rajmachi Fort trek during winter and summer months for one day trek near Mumbai. Lonavala weather forecast during winter and summer months is plesant, ranging from 15 to 30 degrees Celcius. Lonavala to Rajmachi trekking distance is 16 kilometers. Lonavala height is 630 meters above sea level, a popular weekend destination near Pune Mumbai. Pune to Rajmachi India distance is 80 kilometers by road.
19. List of recommended Lonavala fort treks?
Recommended one-day treks near Lonavala. Trekking to these Lonavala Forts is famous during the rainy season.
20. Famous Forts near Lonavala for trekking?
Recommended few offbeat trekking destinations and few famous hiking Fort near Lonawala for trekking.
21.Rajmachi Trek from Pune?
Pune participants can follow our itinerary for Rajmachi Trek from Pune. We create a whatsapp group you can coordinate with fellow hikers from Pune and travel accordingly. If we have Trek Leader Pune, you can coordinate with him and travel subsequently. Treks and Trails India is the leading trek organisers in Pune. Rajmachi fort from Pune distance is around 80 km.
22. How to reach Rajmachi Fort from Lonavala station?
We have arranged jeeps till Fanasrai village from here we will trek till Udhewadi village around 3 hours of trekking. During Winter and Summer season, our vehicles go right upto the Udhewadi village.
23. Do you arrange Rajmachi trek from Karjat?
We do arrange the Rajmachi trek from Karjat it is tough four hours uphill climb till the base village of Udhewadi. 2019 2020 Kondana Caves were banned so the trek was not possible as the trekking path goes through the same route for Kondana Caves. Xtreme Trekkers prefer this route it requires high endurance and fitness levels. Kondivade village is the starting point for Kondana caves trek and Karjat to Rajmachi Trek. Kondana caves route is well marked from Kondivade village homestays are also available in the hamlet.
24. Can you tell me more about Rajmachi Point Lonavala?
Located inside the Rajmachi garden Khandala, Offers excellent views of the Fort and Dukes nose. Rajmachi Point is popular among tourists around Sunset there are many Dhabas, Pottery shops, and chat shops available nearby.
25. Can we complete Rajmachi Trek in one day?
Yes, it is possible to complete the trek in one day though it is better to give two days to explore the forts and Kondana caves. For Rajmachi Fort images please click on the photo gallery on the top right corner of the event page.
Rajmachi Trek 2021 | Rajmachi Fort Trek With Kondane Caves
Trek to Rajmachi Fort and Kondane Cave located near Lonavala offers a fantastic view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwater of the Shirota dam. Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. It consists of two twin fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Balekilla, with a wide machi surrounding the two Balekillas. Know detailed information about the Rajmachi Trek and camping including duration, base camp, best season, and explore waterfalls, temples & enjoy camping. Get information on Rajmachi India and a general trekking guide for Rajmachi Trekking. Camping near Rajmachi during the rainy season is not possible due to heavy rainfall and strong winds. Rajmachi Camping conducted from October to June. Rajmachi fireflies trek is available from May to June only before the monsoon starts when the fireflies are visible.
Rajmachi Fort Maharashtra is one of the most famous forts around the Lonavala Trekking region. The height of this fort from sea level is 2710 feet above sea level, and it offers a fantastic view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwaters of Shirota Dam. Rajmachi is one of the many historical forts located amidst the Sahyadri forts, and it is a popular destination amongst nature lovers and tourists for trekking. The fortress of Rajmachi Maharashtra is famous among trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. If you want to experience a full-fledged trek, you can start from the side of the Kondhane cave which will take 4 hours of climbing. This is considered as one of the best treks in Maharashtra.
You can also drive right up to Udhewadi village from the Lonavala side and then trek for hardly 20-30 minutes to the top of the fort only possible during winter and summer months. Overnight Trek to Rajmachi Fort from Lonavala is adventurous during full moon night. Explore the flourishing forests of the Western Ghats. On this trek, you'll hike your way to the Kondhane Caves where you can see Buddhist inscriptions from centuries ago. Kondana Caves often banned during the rainy season due to huge crowds gathering near the waterfalls around the caves. Kondane Caves Waterfall Rappelling is also banned by the Archeological Survey of India.
Treks and Trails India invites you for a wondrous Rajmachi fort and Kondana Caves trek. Rajmachi Fort in Lonavala jewel in Sahyadri Forts overlooks Bor Ghat between Khandala and Khopoli, which was once a vital trade route. Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort are its major attractions, luring numerous trekking enthusiasts all year round. Rajmachi Fireflies are only visible for a few weeks before the start of the rainy season. The best season to watch the fireflies while trekking in Maharashtra would be in the first week of June. Trek and Trail conduct self-operated trekking in Maharashtra. With over seven years of experience and holding adventure travel events throughout the year. You can rely on us for a safe trek with knowledge trek leaders and guides. Treks and Trails India is the leading trek organisers Mumbai. You can read about Rajmachi Trek Blogs.
Famous One day treks near Mumbai list?
In case you dont want to travel till Lonavala, we have the following options available for one day treks near Mumbai. Our options keep changing as per the weather and season. Trekking in Mumbai for one day you can also check our upcoming event page for updates.
Rajmachi trek from Mumbai?
Mumbai participants can follow our itinerary for Rajmachi Trek from Mumbai. We create a whatsapp group you can coordinate with fellow hikers from Mumbai and travel accordingly. If we have Trek Leader from Mumbai, you can coordinate with him and travel subsequently. Treks and Trails India is the leading trekking groups in Thane. This is one of the most popular trekking Maharashtra destinations.
Why should you join Treks and Trails India for Rajmachi Trek?
We run self-operated treks with our well-trained trek leaders and guides. We are the leading trekking clubs in Mumbai with thousand of trekkers choosing our services every year. We help with local conservation efforts, social causes, clean up drives, and generate employment in rural areas. Mostly third-party aggregators dont verify their operators or provide support in case of emergency. Most aggregators choose the cheapest operator at the expense of your safety, trek leader quality, and other services.
Do you arrange a Rajmachi bike ride?
We currently do not organise bike rides to Rajmachi Fort? We can help you with Camping support at the base village.