Rajmachi Fort Lonavala
Rajmachi Fort is a historical fort having two stronghold forts in Lonavala. Forts of Rajmachi Lonavala are Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat, which is a popular spot near Khandala known as Rajmachi View Point. Rajmachi is a famous spot for trekking in popular Lonavala Hill Stations. Lonavala to Rajmachi Fort is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala. There are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla only during winter and summer months. You can see the beautiful Kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort near Karjat has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route in Sahyadri Mountains. Popular among trekkers of India as one of the best trekking places in Maharashtra.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
- Rajmachi trek Fireflies at the end of Summer around May and June
- Kataldhar waterfall views from Shrivardhan Fort (In monsoon only)
- Shirota Lake views from Shirvardhan Fort
Rajmachi and Kondana Caves Trek Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City Lonavala.
- Shivardhan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
- Cost: Rs 1600/- per person
Rajmachi Trek Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
For Mumbai Participant
Konark Express 11019 (Mumbai CSMT to Bhubaneshwar)
- 13:45 CSMT
- 14:12 Dadar
- 14:33 Thane
- 14:55 Kalyan
- 16:27 Lonavala
For Pune participants
Pune to Lonavala local train
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:05 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:24 Chinchwad
- 15:45 Talegaon
- 16:20 Lonavala
16:45 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep (Half Way).
18:30 Start Trek towards the base village - 8 km trek.
20:30 Reach Base Village.
Day Two - Sunday Rajmachi Trek
06:30 Wake up and freshen up
07:30 Start ascending Shrivardhan Fort.
08:30 Reach on top and explore.
09:30 Start descending.
10:30 Reach at base village.
Visit Udaysagar lake and temple.
13:00 Start descending towards Karjat side.
Visit Kondhane Caves.
17:30 Reach Kondhane village and start the journey towards Karjat station by local vehicle.
18:30 Disperse at Karjat railway station
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi and Kondhane Caves Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Due to the visitor rush during this period, jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked, and the participant is requested to wait patiently for their jeep.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Lonavala to base village by Jeep (Half Way).
- 1 Veg Dinner, 1 veg Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch.
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory.
- Travelling Kondhane Village to Karjat Station
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala and back from Karjat
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good torch must with an extra battery
- Sleeping bag or two bed-sheets
- Warm clothes
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
1. Can we drive to Rajmachi village?
Not in monsoon, Roads are closed during monsoon by villagers. After the monsoon, you can drive Rajmachi base village with a good SUV Car only.
Pro tip: You will find many options of trekking companies selling direct Trek Rajmachi and camping options. Please note the last 12 kilometers is a dirt track. Unless you have an FWD or SUV, you will be damaging your car trying to reach the village. We recommend hiring a local jeep to reach the base village.
2. How far is trek Rajmachi from Mumbai or Pune?
The Trek Rajmachi is three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx. Two hours drive from Pune, around 70 km. From Lonavala, it will take one hour to drive or four hours to trek from the railway station.
3. The number of days required for trek Rajmachi?
Two days and One Night will be required for Rajmachi Fort Trek. Rajmachi trek difficulty level is medium with high endurance levels. Rajmachi trek distance from Lonavala railway station is 16 kilometers walking.
4. Where can we park our cars for the Trek Rajmachi?
Lonavala Maharashtra at your own risk. If you drive to Udhewadi, please make sure you have an SUV as the roads are in bad condition. Mumbai to Rajmachi driving distance is 100 km.
5. Is there any parking charge?
Yes, payable to the local Rajmachi forest officer. Parking fees and forest entry fees are payable on arrival.
6. Do you provide sleeping bags at Rajmachi trek and camping?
We provide a simple camping mattress, like a Yoga mat. We don't provide sleeping bags for hygiene reasons. Would you please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets? The weather is pleasant at Udhewadi throughout the year. We can help you rent sleeping bags if required for Rajmachi Mumbai Trek.
7. Are Toilet Available at the Trek Rajmachi base village?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House, eastern style commode. Please note during the trek; there are no toilets available. There is no electricity in the village; please bring your torch to use the toilet at Night.
Pro Tip: The Udhewadi village Trailhead for Trek Rajmachi has water scarcity. It is best to carry toilet paper for this trek.
8. Do single travelers or females signup for the Rajmachi night trek?
We have 60 male to 40 % female ratios on our events. Many single traveling females join our events. Trek to Rajmachi route is safe for all Indian hikers as camping and homestay are the main income source for the villagers.
9. Are kids allowed on trek Rajmachi?
Kids below 15 with Parent's supervision only. Parents with small kids, please call us before making a booking.
10. What type of food will be provided on the Lonavala Rajmachi trek?
Food preference only Veg local home-cooked is available. Jain food is available kindly mention in comments your requirement.
Pro Tip: Kindly note raw material comes from Lonavala, so any special food request will have to be made in advance.
11. Phone Connectivity or Mobile Network during the Rajmachi Trek route?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services. After you gain height on the forts, you will get good connectivity. Lonavala altitude is 625 meters above sea level.
12. Where will we stay at Rajmachi trek Maharashtra Udhewadi Village?
- Kindly note during monsoon, tent stay is not possible under any circumstances
- Tent Stay available - Twin Sharing and Triple Sharing Tents available. ( Winter and Summer and summer season only)
- The homestay will be in the Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided during monsoon
- Homestay has an Indian Commode toilet as running water is not available.
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Gpay / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted. We need to book in the advance jeep and arrange to stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
12. Will I get bottled water during our Rajmachi trek stay?
Normal well water shall be provided. Would you please bring reusable water bottles? You can refill them. You can also buy bottles with filters like Lifestraw, Aquaguard ideal for trekking in Mumbai.
13. Can I charge my phone on the Rajmachi trek route?
Udhewadi village doesn't receive electricity. Would you please carry a power bank if required? Trek to Rajmachi fort, although one of the most popular hikes in India, doesn't have electricity yet.
Pro tip: Solar power has come to the Rajmachi Udhewadi village though power availability is still 50 50 for charging devices.
14. How is the Rajmachi weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17 degrees and Day 39°C approx. Rajmachi Fort Trek weather is pleasant throughout the year. Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
Pro tip: Carry insect repellent for this trek during the monsoon. Some flies and mosquitoes will bite you during your stay. During summer we recommend wearing full selves clothes with sun cap and using sunscreen.
15. Can we smoke or drink alcohol on Trek Rajmachi?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis. Forts are sacred to all in Maharashtra. You will face public justice if caught smoking or drinking alcohol on the forts in Maharashtra.
16. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers during Trek Rajmachi?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking. Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay.
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website; click on the book now button to register and pay. In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com.
18. Do you have Rajmachi one day trek near Mumbai?
You will need two days and one night to cover Rajmachi Trek. You will cover around 20 kilometers on this trek. Lonavala to Rajmachi trekking distance is 16 kilometers. Pune to Rajmachi India distance is 80 kilometers by road.
We have plans for the Rajmachi Fort trek during the monsoon, winter and summer months. For one day trek near Mumbai, kindly whatsapp us for more options. Lonavala weather forecast during the winter and summer months is pleasant, ranging from 15 to 30 degrees Celcius. Lonavala's height is 630 meters above sea level, a popular weekend destination near Pune Mumbai.
19. List of recommended Lonavala fort treks?
Recommended one-day treks near Lonavala. Trekking to these Lonavala Forts is famous during the rainy season.
20. Famous Forts near Lonavala for trekking?
Recommended few offbeat trekking destinations and few famous hiking Fort near Lonawala for trekking.
21.Rajmachi Trek from Pune?
Pune participants can follow our itinerary for Rajmachi Trek from Pune. We create a whatsapp group you can coordinate with fellow hikers from Pune and travel accordingly. If we have Trek Leader Pune, you can coordinate with him and travel subsequently. Treks and Trails India is the leading trek organisers in Pune. Rajmachi fort from Pune distance is around 80 km.
22. How to reach Rajmachi Fort from Lonavala station?
We have arranged jeeps till Fanasrai village from here we will trek till Udhewadi village around 3 hours of trekking. During Winter and Summer season, our vehicles go right upto the Udhewadi village.
23. Do you arrange Rajmachi trek from Karjat?
We do arrange the Rajmachi trek from Karjat it is tough four hours uphill climb till the base village of Udhewadi. 2019 2020 Kondana Caves were banned so the trek was not possible as the trekking path goes through the same route for Kondana Caves. Xtreme Trekkers prefer this route it requires high endurance and fitness levels. Kondivade village is the starting point for Kondana caves trek and Karjat to Rajmachi Trek. Kondana caves route is well marked from Kondivade village homestays are also available in the hamlet.
24. Can you tell me more about Rajmachi Point Lonavala?
Located inside the Rajmachi garden Khandala, Offers excellent views of the Fort and Dukes nose. Rajmachi Point is popular among tourists around Sunset there are many Dhabas, Pottery shops, and chat shops available nearby.
25. Can we complete Rajmachi Trek in one day?
Yes, it is possible to complete the trek in one day though it is better to give two days to explore the forts and Kondana caves. For Rajmachi Fort images please click on the photo gallery on the top right corner of the event page.
Rajmachi Trek 2022 | Rajmachi Fort Trek With Kondane Caves
Trek to Rajmachi Fort and Kondane Cave located near Lonavala offers a fantastic view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwater of the Shirota dam. Rajmachi Fort is one of the many historical forts in the rugged hills of Sahyadri mountains. It consists of two twin fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla and Manaranjan Balekilla, with a wide machi surrounding the two Balekillas. Know detailed information about the Rajmachi Trek and camping including duration, base camp, best season, and explore waterfalls, temples & enjoy camping. Get information on Rajmachi India and a general trekking guide for Rajmachi Trekking. Camping near Rajmachi during the rainy season is not possible due to heavy rainfall and strong winds. Rajmachi Camping conducted from October to June. Rajmachi fireflies trek is available from May to June only before the monsoon starts when the fireflies are visible.
Rajmachi Fort Maharashtra is one of the most famous forts around the Lonavala Trekking region. The height of this fort from sea level is 2710 feet above sea level, and it offers a fantastic view of the Sahyadri mountains and the backwaters of Shirota Dam. Rajmachi is one of the many historical forts located amidst the Sahyadri forts, and it is a popular destination amongst nature lovers and tourists for trekking. The fortress of Rajmachi Maharashtra is famous among trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. If you want to experience a full-fledged trek, you can start from the side of the Kondhane cave which will take 4 hours of climbing. This is considered as one of the best treks in Maharashtra.
You can also drive right up to Udhewadi village from the Lonavala side and then trek for hardly 20-30 minutes to the top of the fort only possible during winter and summer months. Overnight Trek to Rajmachi Fort from Lonavala is adventurous during full moon night. Explore the flourishing forests of the Western Ghats. On this trek, you'll hike your way to the Kondhane Caves where you can see Buddhist inscriptions from centuries ago. Kondana Caves often banned during the rainy season due to huge crowds gathering near the waterfalls around the caves. Kondane Caves Waterfall Rappelling is also banned by the Archeological Survey of India.
Treks and Trails India invites you for a wondrous Rajmachi fort and Kondana Caves trek. Rajmachi Fort in Lonavala jewel in Sahyadri Forts overlooks Bor Ghat between Khandala and Khopoli, which was once a vital trade route. Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort are its major attractions, luring numerous trekking enthusiasts all year round. Rajmachi Fireflies are only visible for a few weeks before the start of the rainy season. The best season to watch the fireflies while trekking in Maharashtra would be in the first week of June. Trek and Trail conduct self-operated trekking in Maharashtra. With over seven years of experience and holding adventure travel events throughout the year. You can rely on us for a safe trek with knowledge trek leaders and guides. Treks and Trails India is the leading trek organisers Mumbai. You can read about Rajmachi Trek Blogs.
Famous One day treks near Mumbai list?
In case you dont want to travel till Lonavala, we have the following options available for one day treks near Mumbai. Our options keep changing as per the weather and season. Trekking in Mumbai for one day you can also check our upcoming event page for updates.
Rajmachi trek from Mumbai?
Mumbai participants can follow our itinerary for Rajmachi Trek from Mumbai. We create a whatsapp group you can coordinate with fellow hikers from Mumbai and travel accordingly. If we have Trek Leader from Mumbai, you can coordinate with him and travel subsequently. Treks and Trails India is the leading trekking groups in Thane. This is one of the most popular trekking Maharashtra destinations.
Why should you join Treks and Trails India for Rajmachi Trek?
We run self-operated treks with our well-trained trek leaders and guides. We are the leading trekking clubs in Mumbai with thousand of trekkers choosing our services every year. We help with local conservation efforts, social causes, clean up drives, and generate employment in rural areas. Mostly third-party aggregators dont verify their operators or provide support in case of emergency. Most aggregators choose the cheapest operator at the expense of your safety, trek leader quality, and other services.
Do you arrange a Rajmachi bike ride?
We currently do not organise bike rides to Rajmachi Fort? We can help you with Camping support at the base village.