Rajmachi Night Trek (Lonavala to Lonavala)
Rajmachi Fort has two stronghold forts, Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on the right-hand side of Borghat. It is a famous spot for trekking. Rajmachi Fort is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful Kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre-monsoon the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondhane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat a historical trade route.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
- Shrivardhan Fort and Caves.
- Manaranjan Fort if time permits.
Rajmachi Trek Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala
- Home stay at villager's house.
- Shrivardhan Fort Exploration
- Local village food
- Jain food available
- Separate stay for females
- Cost: Rs 999/- per person
Rajmachi Night Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
For Rajmachi Mumbai participants
Catch Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune
- 14:30 CSMT
- 14:41 Dadar
- 15:03 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:03 Lonavala
For Pune to Rajmachi participants
Catch Pune – Lonavala local
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:04 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:47 Talegaon
- 16:25 Lonavala
17:10 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards mid village (Fanasrai) by Jeep (half way only).
From mid village start trek towards base village. (approx. 8 km)
22:30 Reach Base Village.
Day 2 - Sunday
05:00 Wake up and freshen up.
05:30 Start ascending Shrivardhan Fort.
06:30 Reach on top. Explore the fort and watch the sunrise.
07:30 Start descending.
08:30 Reach at base village.
09:00 Have a breakfast.
After breakfast visit Udaysagar lake and temple.
11:00 Start return journey to Lonavala by jeep.
12:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Night Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling to mid village from Lonavala station and back to Lonavala from base village (local vehicle)
- 1 veg Dinner and 1 Veg Breakfast
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back
- Lunch on day 2
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Lonavala without refund, Trekking is specialist activity Trekking shoes are a must.
- A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.
- Please wear full sleeves t-shirts and long pants.
- Identity proof (must)
- Carry Sleeping Bag or Two Bed-sheets.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. For Energy while you Trek. Glucon D / Energy bars.
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Liters).
- Sun Cap.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Medicine those if you require usually.
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.