About Dayara Bugyal Trek - Winter treks in Uttarakhand
Dayara Bugyal is one of the most beautiful treks in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Bugyal translates to "high altitude meadow.” Dayara Bugyal Trek is known for its view post winter to see the meadows that were a lovely green so far turn into a beautiful carpet of unending white. The white snow carpets are everything that sits on the rocks, pebbles, stones and trees. Reaching the campsite is in itself is very delightful with the forest floor slopes of snow. The trek has differential experience based on the different seasons. Dayara Bugyal trek is an ideal beginner trek to get introduced to the Himalayas. It is a round the year trek and a trek with scenic beauty and mesmerizing views.
Highlights of Dayara Bugyal Trek
Feel close to nature.
Ramble over the lush green expanse of Dayara and Gidara Bugyal.
Feel the peace and serene nature by camping on the Barnala Tal Lakeside.
Trek through the oak and pine forest to encounter wild animals.
Watch the majestic sight of snow covered peaks like Bandarpooch (6,316 m), Bhagirathi (6921 m) and Black Peak (2,734 m)
Basic Details of Dayara Bugyal Trek
- The height of the trek: 12,000 feet
- Difficulty level: Easy
- Age group: 12-45 years
- Duration: 5days/4nights
- Trek distance: 9.5 Km (one way)
- Cost: Rs. 8000 + 5% GST. (Dehradun To Dehradun)
How to Reach Dayara Bugyal Trek
The nearest town to join the trek is Dehradun and is connected throughout India.
Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 25 km from the city. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun.
Take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi.
• Nandadevi Express – Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival – 5:40am)
• Dehradun Express – Train no: 12687 (Departure – 9:10pm; Arrival – 5:00am)
There is regular bus service from Delhi for Dehradun from Delhi ISBT Kashmere Gate. Usually, buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you have to come to Dehradun Railway Station.
Vehicles are available for pick-up from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:30 am.
Detailed Dayara Bugyal Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Dehradun to Raithal (7000 feet)
Today we are meeting at Dehradun railway station at 6:30 am, and move towards Raithal village. It will take around 8 hours to reach Raithal. Raithal village is base camp for Dayara Bugyal trek which is 32km from Uttarkashi and its on the way to Gangotri. Today we will pass through Rishikesh, Chamba and Uttarkashi. Overnight stay will be at Raithal.
Day 2 – Raithal (base camp) to Gui/Chilapada (9500 feet)
After breakfast will start our trek towards Gui campsite. Today's route is Gradual ascend through the beautiful landscape of laced Rhododendrons and a forest cover of Silver oaks & Deodar till we reach our campsite in Gui. On the way to the campsite, you would be also seeing majestic mountain views and peaks like Mt. Jaonli, Mt. Srikantha, Mt. Gangotri and a lot more. You will also pass throught the Gui Taal and the forest department concrete hut. Overnight stay will be at Gui campsite in tents.
Day 3 – Gui to Barnala Taal via Dayara Bugyal Top(12500 ft)
Today we will do our last strech towards Dayara.You will be awestruck to see the Dayara Meadows. It is a dream sight and it will leave you speechless. The Dayara meadows are pristine and vast, one of the most beautiful alpine meadows in India. From Dayara Bugyal top you can see many peaks such as Srikanth, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III, Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda I & II, Black peak, Bandarpunch, and many other unnamed peaks. After enjoying top view, will descend back towards Barnala taal. Overnight stay at Barnala taal campsite.
Day 4 – Barnala tal to Barsu Base Camp (7000 feet)
Today is our last day of the trek. Post our breakfast, we click some beautiful pictures and start descending to Barsu along the trail of the thick forest. It is a gradual descend to Barsu village. We'll reach Barsu by afternoon. Overnight stay would be at Barsu.
Day 5 – Barsu basecamp to Dehradun
Morning post breakfast, we drive back to Dehradun and disperse. We would say goodbye to each other and would hope to see you on our future treks and trips.
What is included in the tour
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners from Barsu to Barsu (VEG)
- All accommodation from Barsu to Barsu
- All camping equipment’s
- Medical Kit
- Professional Trek Leaders (Experienced Guide/Staff)
- All forests permits
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel insurance and other emergencies
- Transport from Dehradun to Barsu and Barsu to Dehradun
- Transportation till Dehradun and back
- All meals during Dehradun to Barsu and Barsu to Dehradun travel
- Mules (A Hybrid Animal) to carry personal luggage
- Single room accommodations
- Bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras, etc.
- Anything that not mention in “cost include”
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer.
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho (The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 liter (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
Medicines to carry
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)
The FAQ on Dayara Bugyal Trek
1. When is the best time recommended for the trek?
Best time to go for Dayara Bugyal Trek is during May to July, August end to mid-October and December to February.
2. How difficult is the Dayara Bugyal Trek?
Dayara Bugyal Trek in comparison is easy to moderate difficulty with another high altitude trek.
3. How much distance do we have to trek each day?
On an average, we cover roughly 6-7kms between our camping stations.
4. What will happen if a trek is extended?
Beyond our controllable reasons when the trek is extended, then additional charges tend to be applied.
5. Who will be our lead guide person?
Lead guide person is certified & experienced personnel. These guides are locally sourced and have other team members including local guides, cook, helpers, and porters.
6. Is this trek safe for girls?
Our treks are planned with a male: female ratio. As an organizer, we make sure that their tents are shared only with other female trekkers.
7. Many people in a tent?
Our tents are all three person tents.
8. What is the level of fitness expected from the trekkers?
Good physical and mental fitness is expected to complete the Trek. Dayara Bugyal Trek is ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with similar high altitude treks.
9. Typical Food menu during a trek?
We make sure that wholesome and nutritious breakfast, lunch and evening snacks are served. We believe and serve only vegetarian food as it is easy to digest and preferable in high altitudes.
10. What if we encounter a medical emergency?
We are trained to manage emergencies in high altitudes. Our lead guide is professional and experienced. Our team do carry emergency first aid kits and oxygen cylinder.