Brahmatal Trek (Uttarakhand)
Brahmatal is one of the stunning and adventurous winter treks of Himalayas. Offering you panoramic views of trees and mountains covered with pristine snow all over them, the frozen lake is simply amazing and is a treat to eyes. The views of Snow lay on the mountains are quite enchanting, and one just cannot take eyes off it. Trekking in the Himalayas in the months of January and February is quite tough but Brahmatal gives you the perfect opportunity to do so, it is the perfect time to trek here if you want to avoid the crowd.
Brahmatal Trek Details
- Location: Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand.
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Maximum altitude: Brahmatal 3700m / 12200 ft.
- Grade: Moderate
- Cost: Rs. 10,000 + 5% GST. (Kathgodam to Kathgodam)
Brahmatal Trek Itinerary
Day 1: Kathgodam to Lohajung
Starting our adventurous journey from Kathgodam, you should be reaching Kathgodam railway station around 7 A.M in the morning. The station is just 25 kms away from Nainital and 9 kms away from a city known as Haldwani. One can reach Kathgodam from Delhi also it is around 300 kms away. Our team will receive you from Kathgodam railway station and from there we will drive towards Lohajung. Lohajung is the base camp of our beautiful trek. According to the mythological facts, Lohajung is a place where goddess Parvati had a fight (Jung) with a demon called Lohasur. So the place Lohajung literally means ‘Fight with Lohasur’. The journey from Kathgodam to Lohajung takes you through some beautiful locations which will keep you awe-struck throughout the journey.
Day 2: Lohajung to Bekaltal (3-4 hrs Trek)
Today is the first day of our trek and we are trekking towards Bekaltal. The trail takes you through beautiful mixed forests of Oak and pine. Trekking further and climbing higher we will come across the beautiful Kail valley and Pindari Rivers. Crossing the bridge over the stream we will stop for a while at Begum a location that offers splendid views of Navali Bugyal. After a 4-5 hours trek we finally reach Bekaltal. Overnight stay will be at camps near a beautiful gleaming lake- Khopdaliya.
Day 3: Bekaltal to Brahmatal- Khabelkal (3-4 hrs Trek)
Wake up early in the mountains to soak as much as beauty of Mother Nature you can. The birds chirping, the glorious sunrise and the rivers flowing just can’t be missed. Post breakfast we will start trekking towards Khabelkal; the trail takes you through the dense oak forest and will take us around 3-4 hours to complete the trek. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Day 4: Brahmatal-Khabelkal to Brahmatal Peak to Daldum (6-7 hrs)
So, today is the 4th day of our adventurous trek and today’s trek is quite long as it will take us up to 7 hours to complete. The trail will take us through the different locations like: Chota and Bada Jhandidar to reach Brahmatal. Reaching Brahmatal peak on your own gives you a sense of achievement. Spending some time there we will trek further towards our campsite Daldum which is around 3 hours away from the peak. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Day 5: Daldum to Lohajung (4-5 hrs)
Today is the last day of our adventure trek, and post breakfast we will head back towards Lohajung and bid adieu to the beautiful Daldum. We will reach Lohajung in around 2-3 hours approximately. Overnight stay will be at camps.
Day 6: Lohajung to Kathgodam (8-9 hrs)
We will depart from Lohajung to Kathgodam. Trek ends here.
Trek To Brahmatal Trek
- Best Winter Treks in Himalaya
Brahmatal - An ideal winter trek in the Indian Himalayas. Best time and months are December to April. You will find snow on most of the trail.
Brahmatal Lake trek offers not only snow summit and camps, it also offers frozen high-altitude lakes and some awe-inspiring views of summits over 7000 meters.
This trek is certainly a snow lover's paradise. The biggest draw in this trek is the remote lake of Brahmatal, which remains frozen in this season.
Brahmatal Trek is among those rare Himalayan treks that can be undertaken in the winters providing trekkers with a magical experience.
Brahmatal Trek details with best itinerary. Book Brahmatal Trek, Uttarakhand at best price. Get budget and premium Brahmatal Trekking packages from Treks and Trails India.
BrahmaTal trek is one of the finest Winter Trek, Brahmatal trek is a snowy Himalayan Trek. Brahmatal Trek seats are filling fast.
What is included in the tour
- Trasportation from lohajung to lohajung
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel Sankri
- Accommodation in tents on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and dinner
- (All camping gears)
- High quality tents
- Sleeping bags
- Separate Toilet tents – Ladies and Gents
- Dining Tent
- Dining Table
- Kitchen team
- Radio Walkie Talkie for Communication
- Good Experience Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Crampons and Gaiters
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST (Service Tax)
- Transport from Kathgodam to lohajung & Return
- Food during travelling from Kathgodam to Lohajung & Return
- Backpack offloading charges additional (250/ Per Day / Per Bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- On first day En Route to base camp the Breakfast and Lunch are Not Included
- Last Day En Route Lunch and Dinner are Not Included
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woolen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woolen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- UV sunglasses
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho (The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 liter (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibacterial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)