Kedarkantha Trek (Hiking & Trekking in Himalayas )
- A Perfect Winter & Snow Trek in the Himalayas
Kedarkantha trek is to reach the peak in the mountain of the Tons river valley. It is the most beautiful rounded peak and most sought after snow trekking destinations in India. Even in winter, a trek to Kedarkantha is possible as the trail path is through the dense forests and vast meadows. One will get soaked into the aura as we walk through the protected area of Govind national park. Our destination path is full of pictorial view nestled at the height of 3810 meters covering a consolidated distance of 20kms — a delightful marvel for all trekkers with the verdant greenery, lush landscapes, myriad collection of flora, frozen ponds, to the sights of mesmerizing peaks.
Fix Departure Batches for Kedarkantha Trek:
|April 2019||May 2019|
|20th -24th April||11th - 15th May|
Kedarkantha Trek Event Basic Details:
- Location: Garhwal Himalayas, Uttarakhand.
- Duration: 5 days / 4 nights
- Maximum altitude: 3800 m / 12500 ft.
- Grade: Easy to Moderate
- Cost: Rs. 10,000 + 5% GST. (Dehradun to Dehradun)
How to reach Kedarkantha Trek:
Dehradun brings the closest to our base location with the airport Jolly Grant. It is well connected to all the states and city with a daily flight from Delhi.
From Delhi - DDN NZM AC EXPRESS (2205)
From Kolkata - Doon Express (13009)
From Mumbai - Dehradun Express (19019)
From Chennai - Dehradun express (12687)
Dehradun is well connected by roads across the country with NH 72 connecting regions like Panchkula, Chandigarh, and Shimla. There are ample Local and private buses to Dehradun.
Kedarkantha Trek Event Itinerary:
Day 1: Dehradun – Sankri (2000m) 9hr drive
The journey will start at 7.00 am from Dehradun Railway Station to Sankri and it will take around 9 hrs. We will drive via Dehradun and Mussoorie, alongside the Yamuna and also passes by beautiful pine forests. On reaching Sankri, we will explore the scenic hamlet to prepare for the trek. Overnight stay at Sankri.
Day 2: Sankri – Shepherd Camp (2900m, Trek 3-4hrs)
After having breakfast, we will set out on a moderate hike which, for the most part, goes through the forest. We will walk to Saur village and then climb up till we reach a small pond, Juda-ka-Talab, which is frozen during winters. As we continue climbing up, we will get fleeting glimpses of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. One more hour of hiking will take us to the meadows where we will camp overnight, in tents.
Day 3: Shepherd Camp – Base Camp Kedarkantha (3400m, Trek 5hrs)
Kedarkantha base becomes our destination for the day and we start for it post breakfast. Today will be a busy day for the shutterbugs as the trek route is beautiful with open views on all side and vast snow fields decorated with green patches. However, our destination is even more impressive. Imagine a vast open, snow fields, the size of two football fields, a stream running by and misty mountains forming the background − this is the Kedarkantha base where we will camp overnight in tents.
Day 4: Base Camp – Kedarkantha Peak (3800m) – Jadu ka talab
Now imagine, if the Kedarkantha base is that stunning, what will the view from the summit be like? The distance to the summit is not long but the climb is steep and depending upon the snow conditions then, we will pick the best route − and it will take about 2−3 hours. As for the view from the top − you will be able to see all the mountains of the Yumnotri, Gangotri and the Kinner Kailash range, plus the valleys. Next, we will descend the peak and trek all the way down to Juda−ka−Talab or an alternate campsite, depending on which route we choose. Overnight in tents.
Day 5: Jadu ka talab – Sankri – Dehradun (2hrs Trek and 8hrs Drive)
Today, we have a short trek and drive straight to Dehradun. You will reach Dehradun at 9.00 pm. The glorious trip ends here.
Kedarkantha Trek - The best winter trek in the Himalayas
Are you excited to go for the Kedarkantha Trek? Plan The Unplanned is all set to take you for an adventure in the Himalayas! Join us, now!
Complete information on the Kedarkantha trek. Trek details, experiences, maps, photos, videos, when to go, what to take, how difficult is the trek etc. only at Treks and Trails India
Mountains laden with white snow and the perfect sunrise, Kedarkantha is truly the best winter trek in India. Here's everything you need to know about it.
The Kedarkantha Trek Peak is one of the most sought after snow trekking destinations in Uttarakhand India. Book Kedarkantha Trek with Trek The Himalayas.
Kedarkantha trek in Uttarakhand is the best trek for winter season, mountains wrapped with snow gives you the wide view of Himalayan peak.
Kedarkantha Trek is one of the most fascinating and thrilling trekking tours which provides all the excitement but with limited challenges and in much less time.
Fringed with pine trees and adorned with the beauty of snow, the Kedarkantha Peak is one of the most sought after snow-trekking destinations in the country.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Accommodation during the trek (Camping)
- All meals – vegetarian
- Camp Fire at Campsite (If Available)
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (Hiking Pole, Crampons, Gaiters, Tents, Sleeping Bags, Ice Axes, Ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinders, Stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (Qualified in Basic/Advanced Mountaineering Courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, Helpers)
What is NOT included in the tour
- 5% GST (Service Tax)
- Food during travelling from Dehradun to Sankri & Return
- Backpack offloading charges additional (` 250/ Per Day / Per Bag)
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- 1 Pair of Thermal
- 3 Pair of Socks + 1 Pair of woollen socks
- 2 Pair of Hand Gloves (Water Proof & Fleece material)
- Sun Cap
- Woollen Cap
- Neck Warmer (Scarf/Buff)
- 2 Quick Dry Full Sleeves (T-Shirt)
- 1 Full sleeves Fleece
- 1 Wind Proof Jacket (windcheater/Heavy Jacket)
- 2 Track Pants (No Cotton or Jeans)
- Sun Glass
- Sun scream, Lip balm, Moisturizer
- Trek Pole
- Trekking Shoes (No Sports shoes or Woodland shoes)
- Poncho ( The Gear used to protect from Rain)
- Day pack (Small one)
- Back Pack 60 Ltrs (+ Rain cover)
- 2 Water Bottles
- Toilet Paper & Wet Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Antibactial Powder
- Tooth Brush
- Quick Dry Towel
- Crocin (1Strip)
- Disprine (1 Strip)
- Lomotive (1 Strip)
- Digene (1Strip)
- Band Aid - Qty 5
- Neusphorine Powder
- Betadine Tube
- Vomistop/Avomine (Motion Sickness Tablet)
The FAQ on Kedarkantha Trek:
1. How difficult is the Kedarkantha Trek?
Kedarkantha Trek in comparison is easy to moderate difficulty with another high altitude trek.
2. How much distance do we have to trek each day?
On an average, we cover roughly 4-8kms between our camping stations.
3. What will happen if a trek is extended?
Beyond our controllable reasons when the trek is extended, then additional charges tend to be applied.
4. Who will be our lead guide person?
Lead guide person is certified & experienced personnel. These guides are locally sourced and have other team members including local guides, cook, helpers, and porters.
5. Is this trek safe for girls?
Our treks are planned with a male: female ratio. As an organizer, we make sure that their tents are shared only with other female trekkers.
6. Many people in a tent?
Our tents are all three person tents.
7. What is the level of fitness expected from the trekkers?
Good physical and mental fitness is expected to complete the Trek. Kedarkantha Trek is ideal for beginners to familiarize themselves with similar high altitude treks.
8. Typical Food menu during a trek?
We make sure that wholesome and nutritious breakfast, lunch and evening snacks are served. We believe and serve only vegetarian food as it is easy to digest and preferable in high altitudes.
9. What if we encounter a medical emergency?
We are trained to manage emergencies in high altitudes. Our lead guide is professional and experienced. Our team do carry emergency first aid kits and oxygen cylinder.