Rajmachi Fireflies 2023 Information?
As we await the upcoming monsoon season's first showers, we welcome the season of fireflies. Western Ghats jungles will soon twinkle with a small light, and this period is the mating season for fireflies. Enjoy Firefly camping at Rajmachi Village near Lonavala. Fireflies Festival at night covers the forest with small twinkling lights.
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine plants. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. The fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
About Rajmachi Firefly Festival?
Pre-monsoon during May and June months you can spot thousands of fireflies around Mumbai and Pune. Rajmachi Fort Trek and Camping is the best location in Maharashtra to spot fireflies. We will be trekking till the base village of Rajmachi Fort total trek distance of 8 km one way. Spot fireflies after sunset around the Udhewadi village. Fireflies are called Kajawa in Marathi.
About Rajmachi Fort
Rajmachi Fort has two forts Shirvardhan and Manaranjan which were built by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj during the 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala Station. Rajmachi Fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat which was an old trade route. Rajmachi peak has two stable structures the Shrivardhan fort and Manaranjan Fort. Places to visit in Lonavala during monsoon the fort is covered with fog and mist. Lonavala sightseeing you can spot Rajmachi Killa from Khandala there is a dedicated viewing point.
Click Here - Rajmachi Monsoon Trek
Highlights of Event Fireflies Festival 2023
- Popular trek cocooned in the laps of Sahyadri Mountain ranges of Western Ghats
- Shrivardhan Ballekilla stands tall at a height of 2750 feet overlooking the Borghat Pass
- Watch pre-monsoon clouds formation
- Excellent Location for Astrophotography around the new moon
- Gratifying Home-cooked Local Food
Rajmachi Firefly Trek 2023 Event Details
- Shirvardhan Fort Height 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City Lonavala, Karjat
- Stay on sharing basis at Tent or villager's house (depend upon weather)
- Separate stay for females and males
- Fireflies Depend on whether (if monsoon is started)
- Shrivardhan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Cost: Rs. 1499/- per person
Rajmachi Fireflies Camping Cost
- Child (4 to 9 yrs): Rs. 1199/- per person
- Adult (10 yrs and above): Rs. 1499/- per person
Event Itinerary Rajmachi Fireflies 2023
Day One – Saturday Fort Rajmachi Trek
For Mumbai Participant
CSMT Chennai Express 22159 (Mumbai CSMT to Chennai)
- 12:45 pm - CSMT
- 12:52 pm - Dadar
- 01:18 pm - Thane
- 01:37 pm - Kalyan
- 02:20 pm - Karjat
- 03:08 pm - Lonavala
03:15 pm - Mumbai and direct participant assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep.
(Note - If road is not motorable, jeep will be available till halfway only. Participants will have to walk 8km.)
04:30 pm - Reach at base village.
For Rajmachi Pune participants
Pune to Lonavala local train
- 03:00 pm - Pune
- 03:05 pm - Shivaji Nagar
- 03:24 pm - Chinchwad
- 03:45 pm - Talegaon
- 04:20 pm - Lonavala
04:30 pm - Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep.
(Note - If road is not motorable, jeep will be available till halfway only. Participants will have to walk 8km.)
05:30 pm - Reach Base Village.
05:30 pm - Sunset trek to Shrivardhan Fort. (Trek is optional)
06:30 pm - Reach on top and explore. Enjoy sunset.
07:00 pm - Start descending.
08:00 pm - Reach at base village.
09:30 pm - Dinner
After dinner enjoy fireflies walk.
(If it rains, stay will be in homestay, camping is not possible due to rain. Male/Female separate stay)
Day Two - Sunday Rajmachi Trek
06:30 am - Wake up and Freshen up.
07:00 am - Visit the lake and temple.
08:00 am - Back to base village and breakfast.
08:45 am - Start return journey towards Lonavala by local vehicle.
09:45 am - Reach Lonavala and disperse.
- The sighting of fireflies is a natural phenomenon that depends on weather conditions. We can hope to have a beautiful experience of exploring nature in their presence.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Fireflies Depend on whether conditions
- If road is not motorable, jeep will be available till halfway only. Participants will have to walk 8km.
- If it rains, stay will be in homestay, camping is not possible due to rain.
- Due to the visitor rush during this period, jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked, and the participant is requested to wait patiently for their jeep.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Lonavala to base village and back to Lonavala by local jeep.
- 1 Veg Dinner and 1 veg Breakfast
- Tent stay on multi sharing basis. (depend upon weather)
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala and back
- Lunch on both days
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good torch must with an extra battery
- Sleeping bag or two bed-sheets
- Warm clothes
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Rajmachi Fireflies Trek 2023 | Fireflies Festival Dates
Rajmachi Firefly Trek takes you to one of the most favorite viewpoints of Maharashtra, Rajmachi Fort, and then takes you on an experience of finding Fireflies.
Upcoming events - Rajmachi Fireflies, Fireflies Special Trek, Rajmachi Fireflies Trek and Camping.
Time to go gaga over Fireflies Trek and be at the Fireflies Festival this season! Fireflies Treks are among the best things to do, this pre-monsoon in Mumbai, and Pune!
Fireflies can be easily spotted in an expanse of rich forest cover. If this excites you, and if you want to see the gorgeous fireflies twinkling in the dark, then an adventurous trek up to the Rajmachi Fort in Maharashtra is a great option.
Online event Registration & ticketing page of Fireflies Festival - Rajmachi. Buy Tickets for this Rajmachi Event organized by Treks and Trails India.
Incoming search terms:- rajmachi fireflies festival, rajmachi fireflies season 2023 may, rajmachi fireflies season 2023 june, best time to visit rajmachi fireflies, rajmachi fireflies trek 2023 may, rajmachi fireflies trek 2023 june, fireflies trek in rajmachi village, fireflies festival mumbai 2023, rajmachi fireflies camping
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Can we drive to Fort Rajmachi village?
You cannot drive to Fort Rajmachi village during monsoon as the roads are closed by the villagers. However, after the rainy season, you can drive to the Rajmachi base village with a good SUV.
Pro tip: There are many trekking companies offering direct Trek to Fort Rajmachi and camping options. Please note that the last 12 kilometers is a dirt track, and unless you have an FWD or SUV, you may damage your car trying to reach the village. It is recommended to hire a local jeep to reach the base village.
How far is the Rajmachi trek from Mumbai or Pune?
The Rajmachi Fort trek is a three-hour drive from Mumbai, which is approximately 125 km, and a two-hour drive from Pune, which is around 70 km. It will take one hour to drive or four hours to trek from the Lonavala railway station.
For the best trekking experience in Maharashtra, head to Lonavala Rajmachi Fort and spot the Kataldar waterfall in the forest. Our treks near Mumbai include everything you need to enjoy a night of trekking under the stars. We provide a place for you to stay, good food, fun activities, and an unforgettable experience.
How many days are required for the Rajmachi Lonavala Fort trek?
The Rajmachi Lonavala Fort Trek requires two days and one night. The trek's difficulty level is medium with high endurance levels. The trek distance from Lonavala railway station to Rajmachi Fort is 16 kilometers walking.
The Kondhane Buddhist Caves to Udhewadi Rajmachi trek distance is eight kilometers, and it starts from the trailhead of Kondana village located at Karjat. It will take four to five hours to cover this Rajmachi trek distance. There are many Rajmachi falls along this route, and the magnificent Kondhane Buddhist caves are located on this ancient hiking route to Rajmachi Killa.
Where can we park our cars for the Rajmachi Lonavala Trek?
Car parking is available at Lonavala, Maharashtra, at your own risk. If you drive to Udhewadi, please make sure you have an SUV as the roads are in bad condition. The driving distance from Mumbai to Rajmachi fort is 100 km, and the trek distance from Lonavala to Rajmachi fort is 16 kilometers.
Is there any parking charge at Fort Rajmachi?
Yes, there is a parking fee payable to the local Rajmachi forest officer. Parking fees and forest entry fees are payable on arrival.
The Rajmachi campsite is a 1.5-hour drive away from Khopoli and is one of the best treks in Maharashtra. The Rajmachi campsite offers you an opportunity to spot fireflies in the wild, light up the nighttime, and enjoy homestay comforts, with fantastic food and bonfires available near Mumbai and Pune. You can see many waterfalls around the trekking trail during the rainy season.
Do you provide sleeping bags at the Rajmachi trek and camping?
We provide a simple camping mattress, like a yoga mat. We do not provide sleeping bags for hygiene reasons. Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets. The weather is pleasant at Udhewadi throughout the year. We can help you rent sleeping bags if required for the Rajmachi Mumbai Trek.
Are toilets available at the Rajmachi base village for the trek?
Toilets will be provided in the form of tented facilities at the villagers' houses, with Eastern-style commodes. However, please note that during the trek itself, there are no toilets available. As there is no electricity in the village, it is recommended to bring a torch for use at night.
Pro Tip: It is advisable to carry toilet paper for the trek, as there is a water scarcity issue at the Udhewadi village trailhead.
Do solo travellers or women sign up for the Rajmachi night trek?
We have a 60:40 male to female ratio for the Rajmachi night trek, and many solo female travellers also participate in our events. The trekking route is safe for all Indian hikers, as organising treks, camping, and homestays are the primary source of income for the villagers.
Can children go on the Rajmachi trek from Lonavala?
Children under 15 are allowed to join the trek, but only with their parents' supervision. Parents with younger children should contact us before making a booking.
What kind of food is provided on the Lonavala Rajmachi trek?
We offer only vegetarian, locally home-cooked food on the trek, with the option of Jain food available upon request. Please note that any special food requests must be made in advance, as the raw materials are sourced from Lonavala.
Pro Tip: It is advisable to inform us of any dietary requirements before the trek to ensure that suitable arrangements can be made.
Is there phone connectivity along the Rajmachi trek route?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services along the Lonavala to Rajmachi trek. However, as you gain altitude on the forts, the connectivity improves. Lonavala is situated at an altitude of 625 meters above sea level, while Rajmachi fort stands at a height of 2710 feet above sea level.
Fun Fact about Fireflies
What is the lifespan of a firefly?
In the wild, the life expectancy of a firefly is approximately one year on average. Adult fireflies typically only live for about two months, but their entire life cycle can span anywhere from a few months to a year. Given that there are over 2,000 different species of fireflies on the planet, their life spans will inevitably differ to some degree.
What causes fireflies to blink?
Fireflies use blinking to communicate with one another. The lights that flash are part of a way for male fireflies to attract females when they are trying to mate.
Each species of firefly has its own distinctive flash pattern, and the males and females belonging to the same species are able to recognise one another's patterns. Males use flashing to seek possible mates, and females use flashing to reply and signal their interest.
Why do fireflies glow in unison?
Fireflies produce a synchronised glow to attract potential mates. When the population reaches a specific density, all of the fireflies begin to blink at the same time. The firefly can find a mate more quickly through synchrony than any other method. The males will fly around and flash, and the females will mimic their behavior by flashing. After that, the males will fly toward the females, and the process will start again.
What is the best time to see fireflies?
When you have the best chance of seeing fireflies depends on the species, as well as the location. Generally, the most active time of year for fireflies is during the summer, from May to August. The months leading up to the monsoon season, specifically May and June, are the best months to view these fireflies in their natural habitat. Because they are only active at night, fireflies spend most of their days on the ground among tall grasses. Because they like to hide in the tall grass, fireflies are difficult to spot unless you get down on your hands and knees to look for them.
What do fireflies eat?
They feed on other insects and prefer to live in damp areas, but fireflies are nocturnal. Carnivorous when they are in their larval stage, fireflies feed on soft-bodied insects that live on or in the ground, such as snails, slugs, worms, or even other larvae of other insects. There are species of adult fireflies that do consume the nectar and pollen that they find on plants. They will go to various plants to obtain sufficient amounts of nectar and pollen. Some adult fireflies continue to feed on the larval invertebrates and soft-bodied insects they consumed when they were younger.r them.
Where to see them?
Fireflies Festival Mumbai, we have got you covered with the best destination where you can spot them in thousands. We will have to travel into the countryside away from light pollution. Around Mumbai, there are many destinations to spot Fireflies in Rajmachi Village, Siddhagad Wadi, Prabalmachi village, Bhandardara, Ghatghar, Kothaligad, Kondane Caves and Purushwadi many more.
Best months to see fireflies?
May and June, right before the monsoon season, are the best times to see these fireflies in their natural habitat.
How to see fireflies without using a torch?
To see fireflies without disturbing them, avoid using a flashlight or other artificial light. Here are some ways to watch fireflies without trying to hurt them:
Pick a dark location: Fireflies are most active at night, so avoid artificial lights and light pollution.
Let your eyes 15-20 minutes to acclimate to the darkness. This improves firefly visibility.
Be patient: because fireflies are unpredictable, seeing them may take some time. Wait quietly for them.
Watch for firefly patterns: Fireflies blink in patterns.
A red light is preferable over a white light if you need to use a light source. Red light doesn't effect fireflies compared to white light.
Respect their environment: Because fireflies are sensitive to their surroundings, avoid disturbing them while they are active.
Don't touch fireflies or use insect repellant or other pesticides.
Are fireflies endangered?
There are different species of firefly, and some of them are on the endangered species list while others are not. Some places have seen a drop in the number of fireflies because of things like habitat degradation, pollution, and the use of chemicals such as pesticides.
In India, the Western Ghats are home to fireflies that are now considered "vulnerable" because their habitat is being lost and broken up by things like deforestation and development. Fireflies in other parts of India are not on the list of endangered species right now, but their populations may need to be protected in the future through conservation efforts.
How to conserve them
Conservation activities for fireflies can help safeguard their populations and preserve their survival in the wild. Here are some things you can do to help save fireflies:
Protect their habitat. Fireflies can only live in certain places, like damp, humid places with little light pollution. People can help save fireflies by keeping these habitats safe from deforestation, urbanisation, and other human activities.
Reduce the use of pesticides and other chemicals. Chemicals and pesticides can hurt fireflies and their homes. Lessening how much they are used can help to lessen these bad effects.
Educate the public: letting people know how important fireflies are and what dangers they face can help to get more people involved in conservation. Programs that teach schools, communities, and tourists about fireflies can help with conservation and support for them.
Support organisations that work to protect fireflies and their habitats. There are many groups that do this kind of work. You can help these groups' efforts by giving money or time to them or by volunteering.
Responsible tourism means that when you go to places where fireflies live, you should respect their homes and try not to bother them. Don't use bright lights, don't catch or touch the fireflies, and follow any rules or guidelines set by the local government.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )