Rajmachi Fireflies 2021 Information?
As we await the upcoming monsoon season first showers, we welcome the season of fireflies. Western Ghats jungles will soon twinkle with a small light, and this period is the mating season for fireflies. Enjoy Firefly camping at Rajmachi Village near Lonavala. Fireflies Festival at night covers the forest with small twinkling lights.
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine plants. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. The fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
About Rajmachi Firefly Festival?
Pre-monsoon during May and June months you can spot thousands of fireflies around Mumbai and Pune. Rajmachi Fort Trek and Camping is the best location in Maharashtra to spot firefly. We will be trekking till the base village of Rajmachi Fort total trek distance 8 km one way. Spot fireflies after sunset around the Udhewadi village. Fireflies are called Kajawa in Marathi.
About Rajmachi Fort
Rajmachi Fort has two forts Shirvardhan and Manaranjan which were built by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj during the 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala Station. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat which was an old trade route. Rajmachi peak has two stable structures the Shrivardhan fort and Manaranjan Fort. Places to visit in Lonavala during monsoon the fort is covered with fog and mist. Lonavala sightseeing you can spot Rajmachi Killa from Khandala there is a dedicated viewing point.
Highlights of Event Fireflies Festival 2021
- Popular trek cocooned in the laps of Sahyadri Mountain ranges of Western Ghats
- Shrivardhan Ballekilla stands tall at the height of 2750 feet overlooking the Borghat Pass
- Watch pre-monsoon clouds formation
- Excellent Location for Astrophotography around the new moon
- Camping inside the Jungle with campfire
- Gratifying Home-cooked Local Food
Rajmachi Firefly Trek 2021 Event Details
- Shirvardhan Fort Height 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City Lonavala, Karjat
- Camping stay on double/triple sharing (If it rains, we'll try for homestay)
- Activities - Campfire, Night Walk and Fireflies spotting
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
Cost for Rajmachi Fireflies Trek
- Khopoli to Khopoli: Rs. 2000/- per person
- Lonavala to Lonavala: Rs. 1600/- per person
Event Itinerary Rajmachi Fireflies 2021
Catch CSMT-Khopoli train
- 12:20 CSMT
- 12:27 Byculla
- 12:33 Dadar
- 12:40 Kurla
- 12:44 Ghatkopar
- 13:00 Thane
- 13:13 Dombivali
- 13:22 Kalyan
- 14:20 Khopoli
14:30 Reach Khopoli and move towards Lonavala by local vehicle.
15:15 Reach at Lonavala.
Have Lunch (by your own)
16:15 Meeting time for Lonavala to Lonavala participants.
16:30 Move towards mid village by local vehicle.
17:30 Start trek towards base village - Udhewadi.
19:30 Reach at base village.
6:00 Wake up
Sunrise trek to Shrivardhan
8:30 back to base village and breakfast
Visit lake and temple
10:00 Start return journey towards Lonavala by local vehicle.
12:00 Reach Lonavala and start travelling towards Khopoli by local vehicle.
12:45 Reach Khopoli station and disperse.
Return journey option
Khopoli-CSMT fast local
- 13:48 Khopoli
- 16:09 CSMT
- In case it rains Jeep is only available half the way as the road becomes not motorable, the participant will have to walk 8 km till pickup point.
- Due to visitor rush during this period, jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked, the participant is requested to wait patiently for their jeep.
- If it rains, we'll try for homestay.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Fireflies Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- Khopoli to Khopoli travel by local jeep (Khopoli to Khopoli option)
- Lonavala to mid village and Udhewadi to Lonavala travel by local jeep.
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch on both day
- Travel till Khopoli / Lonavala and back. (as per your bookings)
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bed sheets)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Rajmachi Fireflies Trek 2021 | Fireflies Festival Dates
Rajmachi Firefly Trek takes you to one of the most favorite viewpoints of Maharashtra, Rajmachi Fort, and then takes you on an experience of finding Fireflies.
Upcoming events - Rajmachi Fireflies, Fireflies Special Trek, Rajmachi Fireflies Trek and Camping.
Time to go gaga over Fireflies Trek and be at the Fireflies Festival this season! Fireflies Treks are among the best things to do, this pre-monsoon in Mumbai, and Pune!
Fireflies can be easily spotted in an expanse of rich forest cover. If this excites you, and if you want to see the gorgeous fireflies twinkling in the dark, then an adventurous trek up to the Rajmachi Fort in Maharashtra is a great option.
Online event Registration & ticketing page of Fireflies Festival - Rajmachi. Buy Tickets for this Rajmachi Event organized by Treks and Trails India.
Incoming search terms:- rajmachi fireflies festival, rajmachi fireflies season 2021 may, rajmachi fireflies season 2021 june, best time to visit rajmachi fireflies, rajmachi fireflies trek 2021 may, rajmachi fireflies trek 2021 june, fireflies trek in rajmachi village, fireflies festival mumbai 2021, rajmachi fireflies camping
Rajmachi Fireflies Trek 2021 & Camping
1. Can we drive till Rajmachi Village?
- Not in monsoon. You need a right 4WD vehicle as last 8 km is entirely off the road with a small turning radius.
- In case it rains road is not motorable
- Mobile network is bad on this road will be difficult to arrange help quickly
2. How far is Rajmachi Fireflies Festival from Mumbai or Pune?
- Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
- One hour drive from Lonavala completely off road 4WD car required.
3. The number of days required for the Fireflies Festival event?
- Two days and One Night
4. Where can we park our cars?
- Lonavala at your own risk, we will try to find secure parking.
- You will have to pay for parking charges if spot is available.
5. Is there any parking charge a forest entry fee?
- Yes, parking and forest entry fees apply collected by Forest Officer
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
- No, we don't provide a sleeping bag, you can bring your own sleeping bag
- In case you don't have a sleeping bag please carry two bedsheets.
- For hygiene reasons, we don't provide sleeping bags.
7. Are Toilet and Bathing available at Rajmachi?
- Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House eastern style commode
- There is a water shortage in the village and no electricity so Western style commode not possible.
- Due to water shortage at Udhewadi village bathing is not possible.
8. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
- Fireflies Mumbai event we have 60 - 40 ratio for Male - Female
- Many Solo Travellers Female & Male join our events
9. Are Kids allowed on Fireflies treks?
- Ideal for parents who want to introduce kids to trekking, camping, outdoors, adventure, forts.
- We take Kids below 15 with Parents or Guardian supervision only.
10. What type of food will is available?
- Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
- Jain Food is available please inform in advance to make arrangements.
11. First aid and Medical Doctor?
- First Aid Kit is available always with our trek leaders
- Please carry your personal medicine as there are no doctors or medicals available at base village.
11. Phone Connectivity at Rajmachi Firefly Festival?
- Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services
- The range is available at some location when you climb the fort you will get network at the top.
12. Where will we stay?
- Camping in tents mostly 2 people or 3 person tents
- In case it rains heavily we will try to shift you to local homestay
- The homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided.
13. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway
- on the spot cash payment are not accepted.
- We need to book in advance jeep and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
14. Will I get bottled water?
- Natural well water is only available, you can buy bottled water in the village.
- Please take the empty bottles with you and avoid littering the village.
15. Can I charge my phone at Fireflies Mumbai Festival?
- No electricity is available in the village
- Please carry a power bank if required.
16. How is the weather now at Rajmachi Fireflies Festival?
- Summer Temperature Night 26 - Day 39°C approx
- Evening Rain showers are possible
- Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
17. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Rajmachi Fort is sacred to locals and they will get offended if they find you consuming alcohol or smoking
18. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay
- Bluetooth or Loud music not allowed at the campsite
19. How do I make payment?
- You can pay online on our website on the book now button
20. Lonavala places to visit after the event?
- Della Adventures
- Wet N Joy Water Park
- A1 Chikki shop
- Cooper's Fudge And Chikkis
- Sunil's Celebrity Wax Museum
- Manshakti Lonavala for snacks
In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )