About Nagla Block
Nagla Block on the Mumbai-Agra route is where traveling starts to get truly interesting. 17% of the SGNP area beyond the Bassein/Bhayander creek is nearly unscathed, making it one of the most pristine jungles in Mumbai and popular amongst nature enthusiasts who enjoy it watching butterflies and birds all year long. There is something for everyone in these forests, as nature enthusiasts will confirm! A walk heading down the hillside can find a small nature interpretation station at the trailhead.
At Nagla block trail, one gets to encounter a convergence of ecosystems – mangrove, forest, and marine among them – in glory. It is a patch of woods that withholds some undisturbed and healthy ecologically vital mangrove trees along the archipelago of Mumbai.
In 2003, nature enthusiasts learned that a tigress had taken up residence near a stream in this part of the forest. She kept to herself for the most part but soon became the central attraction for many nature enthusiasts who flocked from far and wide to catch a glimpse of her.
As no one can claim to know where the tiger came from, it's hard to predict when and where you might next see a tiger in the wild. But when in Nagla Block, it is still possible to get in touch with nature in its purest form and observe wildlife in areas that have been made into national parks and reserves by dedicated conservationists.
Event Details Nagla Block Nature Trail
- Event Type - Nature Trail
- No of days required is one
- Nature walk grade is easy
- Travel region - Bhayander
- Forest Range - SGNP or Borivali National Park
- The time needed for the Trail is two to three hours
- Meeting point Nagla Block gate
- Cost: Rs. 500/- per person (Ex Nagla block gate)
Nagla Block Nature Walk Itinerary
07:30 am Reporting at Nagla block gate.
07:45 am Nature trail at Nagla block.
11:00 am Return to entrance point.
Trip officially ends.
What is included in the tour
- Entry fees for park
- Professional Wildlife Naturalist host of the experience
- First Aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation till Nagla gate and back
- Camera Fee
- Parking charges of their own vehicle
- Tips to Naturalist
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for trails (10Ltrs) and Proper backpack for your clothes, etc.
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Raincoat/Wind-cheater/Rain jacket (NO UMBRELLA)
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for trails
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 21 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 21 to 14 days prior to the event date.
- 25 % refund if notified via phone conversation 14 to 7 days prior to the event date
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 7 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Kindly note above itinerary is tentative. The trip might end late also depending on the traffic, weather conditions, group speed, and many other unforeseeable factors.
- Wildlife safaris/Bird watching is a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Birdwatching is a hobby and not a race, hence request all birders to maintain discipline at all times.
- Bird watching is an art of silence and key observation.
- Avoid Pointing out directly to a bird that might flush the bird away.
- Avoid wearing bright colours and half pants.
- Do not get too close to a bird for a photograph that you flush it away.
- Birdwatching should be enjoyed by binoculars and the fun is to spot them, identify them and if you still have some time with the bird photograph them.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our walks are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
Why should you visit the Nagla Block Nature Trail?
The Nagla Block Nature trail is one of the most popular bird sanctuaries of Mumbai. The sanctuary is located on the outskirts of Thane. Nagla block is spread across the Borivali National Park near Thane. Apart from this, there are many greenery and flowers that give a stunning look on the path.
Nature trails are the best places for walking lovers. They are not only good exercise, but they are also soothing to the eyes. Many of the nature trails are also packed with different varieties of flowers and plants.
The majority of the people who live in Mumbai are unaware that there is a beautiful, quiet nature trail less than three kilometers total. The course is called the Nagla Block. It is an ideal hiking trail that is easily walkable.
Explore the lesser-known forest of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park - Nagla block. Situated to the North of the Bassein Creek, Nagla Block is considered one of the highly rewarding walks near Mumbai, covering a good range of woodland species and a few wetland species of bird at the creekside. We could see butterflies like Psyche, Blue Tiger, Stripe Tiger, and many more can be seen.
Frequently asked questions
1. We are coming by own transport how to reach the meeting point?
We will share the navigation GPS coordinates kindly reach 15 minutes before event start time.
2. How many guest do you take on a nature walk?
We take anywhere from 10 to 30 person on a nature walk. The number of naturalist will be matched as per the group size.
3. What is the difficulty level of this Nature walk?
The difficulty level is easy for this Nature walk.