About Nagla Block
Nagla Block on the Mumbai-Agra route is where traveling starts to get truly interesting. 17% of the SGNP area beyond the Bassein/Bhayander creek is nearly unscathed, making it one of the most pristine jungles in Mumbai and popular amongst nature enthusiasts who enjoy it watching butterflies and birds all year long. There is something for everyone in these forests, as nature enthusiasts will confirm! A walk heading down the hillside can find a small nature interpretation station at the trailhead.
At Nagla block trail, one gets to encounter a convergence of ecosystems – mangrove, forest, and marine among them – in glory. It is a patch of woods that withholds some undisturbed and healthy ecologically vital mangrove trees along the archipelago of Mumbai.
In 2003, nature enthusiasts learned that a tigress had taken up residence near a stream in this part of the forest. She kept to herself for the most part but soon became the central attraction for many nature enthusiasts who flocked from far and wide to catch a glimpse of her.
As no one can claim to know where the tiger came from, it's hard to predict when and where you might next see a tiger in the wild. But when in Nagla Block, it is still possible to get in touch with nature in its purest form and observe wildlife in areas that have been made into national parks and reserves by dedicated conservationists.
Event Details Nagla Block Nature Trail
- Event Type - Nature Trail
- No of days required is one
- Nature walk grade is easy
- Travel region - Bhayander
- Forest Range - SGNP or Borivali National Park
- The time needed for the Trail is two to three hours
- Meeting point Nagla Block gate
Nagla Block Nature Walk Itinerary - Mumbai - Nagla Block - Trail - Mumbai
- 06:30 am - Reporting at Dadar TT Chandu Halwai.
- 06:45 am - Board the bus and depart for Nagla Block
- 08:00 am - Arrive at Nagla block gate
- 08:00 am - Those coming in own transport
- 08:15 am - Nature trail at Nagla block
- 11:00 am - Return to the entrance point
- 11:15 am - Drive back to Dadar
- 12: 30 am - Drop at Dadar TT
What is included in the tour
- Travel from Vasai railway station to Nagla block and back to Vasai station.
- Park entry fee
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any camera fee if any
- Medical evacuations if required. Travel and accidental Insurance.
Things to carry
- A good camera (optional)
- Binoculars for Birding
- Carry your own personal insect repellent.
- Please carry your morning breakfast and mid day snacks
- 2 liters of water.
- Photo id
Why should you visit the Nagla Block Nature Trail?
The Nagla Block Nature trail is one of the most popular bird sanctuaries of Mumbai. The sanctuary is located on the outskirts of Thane. Nagla block is spread across the Borivali National Park near Thane. Apart from this, there are many greenery and flowers that give a stunning look on the path.
Nature trails are the best places for walking lovers. They are not only good exercise, but they are also soothing to the eyes. Many of the nature trails are also packed with different varieties of flowers and plants.
The majority of the people who live in Mumbai are unaware that there is a beautiful, quiet nature trail less than three kilometers total. The course is called the Nagla Block. It is an ideal hiking trail that is easily walkable.
Explore the lesser-known forest of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park - Nagla block. Situated to the North of the Bassein Creek, Nagla Block is considered one of the highly rewarding walks near Mumbai, covering a good range of woodland species and a few wetland species of bird at the creekside. We could see butterflies like Psyche, Blue Tiger, Stripe Tiger, and many more can be seen.
Frequently asked questions
1. We are coming by own transport how to reach the meeting point?
We will share the navigation GPS coordinates kindly reach 15 minutes before event start time.
2. How many guest do you take on a nature walk?
We take anywhere from 10 to 30 person on a nature walk. The number of naturalist will be matched as per the group size.
3. What is the difficulty level of this Nature walk?
The difficulty level is easy for this Nature walk.