Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary – Bird Watching
Tungareshwar bird-watching expedition is a fun way to explore the dense jungles of the Western Ghats, and the bird walk includes sightings of Indian birds like Malabar Parakeet, Grey Hornbill, Red Junglefowl, and more. Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is a pristine forest where birds are an easy find.
Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is a lush hill plateau positioned on the outskirts of Mumbai amid Virar and Vasai at an elevation of approximately 2177 feet. It's famous among trekkers and mountaineers for its dense jungle, cascading waterfalls, and flourishing wildlife.
This woodland is home to a large variety of plants, birds, and animals. Thanks to this, the forest serves as an efficient corridor and buffer for the fauna of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali, and Mumbai.
After a small village on the boundary of the impenetrable forest, semi-deciduous woods, we're greeted by the songs of robins and sunbirds. The path becomes increasingly exciting as we approach a pond during which we first lay eyes on them and then photograph them at peace through a hide. One hundred fifty species of birds can be found. The most common types are kestrel, peregrine falcons, crested serpent eagles, hornbills, and grey junglefowl. FLORA around 500 species.
Brief Details about Tungareshwar National Park Birdwalk
- Event Type - Bird watching
- No of days - One
- Walking trail grade is easy
- Tungareshwar Forest location Vasai
- Bird walking trail time will be two to three hours
Tungareshwar Bird Walk Cost
- Participant with Transport (Ex Dadar): Rs. 1350/- per person
- Participant without Transport (Ex Tungareshwar Sanctuary Gate): Rs. 750/- per person
Tungareshwar Bird Walk Itinerary
- 05:10 am - Meet our team at Dadar TT
- 05:15 am - Move towards Tungareshwar
- 05:30 am - Pick up at Sion
- 05:45 am - Pick up at Bandra Highway
- 06:00 am - Pick up at Andheri
- 06:20 am - Pick up at Borivali
- 06:45 am - Reach the gate of Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
Please note those coming by own transport can meet at Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary gate at 6:45 am
Kindly note those coming by Train.
If you are coming by Train, the nearest railway station is Vasai Road on the western railways. From here, you can hire an autorickshaw to the Tungareshwar Forest Gate; we will give you the google map coordinates.
07:00 am - Brief introduction and Trail Information
07:15 am - Tungareshar Bird Walk begins; the guided bird walk will offer participants the opportunity to experience one of the most beautiful and ecologically diverse areas of the Tungareshwar Wildlife Park. Our experienced naturalist will be able to slow down the pace of the trail to allow participants to spot various bird species, various wildflowers and learn about the different habitats in the area.
There is no better way to get out and enjoy the great outdoors than a picture-perfect sunrise. Bird watching is a great way to get a closer look at wildlife, and these trails will give us an excellent opportunity to see many different species of birds.
11:00 am - Tungareshwar Bird walk ends with unforgettable memories. Reach the exit gate and start our return journey for Dadar TT Mumbai.
12:30 pm - Approx. arrival at Dadar.
Kindly note above itinerary is tentative. The trip might end late also depending on the traffic, weather conditions, group speed, and many other unforeseeable factors.
- Wildlife safaris are a matter of luck and opportunity. No guarantee of any sighting is made. Neither of our associates will quote that, although we try our best to spot and show you as much as nature allows us to.
- Never enter the forest with an intention of spotting a single species, it will only disappoint you. The forest is a gift packet with a lot to surprise with. Listen to our naturalist for more wonderful experience.
- Our safaris are not target species specific (Unless specified)
- We explore everything we find uncommon and need to be explained.
- Any demand for spotting a single species in any jeep will not be entertained by the guide or the tour leader as there are other travellers who would want to see the birds etc.
- Respect & honour everything that is in the forest and it has to offer you.
- Enjoy being in the forest and you will feel much happier away from the concrete chaos.
- Respect the local, tribes, guards, guides, drivers, officers and all animals.
- Front seat of the Gypsy is always reserved for the Guide or Guard.
- No extra room will be made for photographers, respecting other travellers. (For photographers it is recommended to opt for higher options)
- No littering in the forest strictly. (what goes comes back the same way)
- Camera fees & guide tips to be paid separately & directly.
- Kindly follow the instructions given by the tour leader and the guide for your own safety.
What is included in the tour
- Return AC Transport from Dadar to Tungareshwar
- Entry fees for Sanctuary
- Trail packet
- Professional Naturalist host of the experience
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for trails (10Ltrs) and Proper backpack for your clothes, etc.
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Raincoat/Wind-cheater/Rain jacket (NO UMBRELLA)
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for trails
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.