Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary – Bird Watching
Tungareshwar bird-watching expedition is a fun way to explore the dense jungles of the Western Ghats, and the bird walk includes sightings of Indian birds like Malabar Parakeet, Grey Hornbill, Red Junglefowl, and more. Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is a pristine forest where birds are an easy find.
Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is a lush hill plateau positioned on the outskirts of Mumbai amid Virar and Vasai at an elevation of approximately 2177 feet. It's famous among trekkers and mountaineers for its dense jungle, cascading waterfalls, and flourishing wildlife.
This woodland is home to a large variety of plants, birds, and animals. Thanks to this, the forest serves as an efficient corridor and buffer for the fauna of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali, and Mumbai.
After a small village on the boundary of the impenetrable forest, semi-deciduous woods, we're greeted by the songs of robins and sunbirds. The path becomes increasingly exciting as we approach a pond during which we first lay eyes on them and then photograph them at peace through a hide. One hundred fifty species of birds can be found. The most common types are kestrel, peregrine falcons, crested serpent eagles, hornbills, and grey junglefowl. FLORA around 500 species.
Brief Details about Tungareshwar National Park Birdwalk
- Event Type: Bird watching
- No of days: One
- Walking trail grade is easy
- Tungareshwar Forest location Vasai
- Bird walking trail time will be two to three hours
- Meeting point: Vasai station
- Cost: Rs. 700/- per person
Tungareshwar Bird Walk Itinerary
- 06:30 am: Reporting at Vasai.
- 06:45 am: Drive towards Tungareshwar.
- 07:30 am: Reach entrance of Tungareshwar.
- 07:45 am: Nature trail in Tungareshwar.
- 11:00 am: Return to entrance point.
- 11:15 am: Drive to Vasai station.
- 12:30 pm: Drop at Vasai station.
What is included in the tour
- Return transport Vasai to Tungareshwar
- Entry fees for Sanctuary
- Tea and snacks
- Professional Naturalist host of the experience
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other transport from origin of participant to meeting point.
- Additional meals or services
- Any expense of personal nature
- Any other item specifically NOT mentioned in includes.
- A Hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- A dust protection mask
- Personal Bottle (To avoid plastic use – 1LtrsX2)
- Small backpack for trails (10Ltrs) and Proper backpack for your clothes, etc.
- Bird books
- Sun screen
- Raincoat/Wind-cheater/Rain jacket (NO UMBRELLA)
- Only dull coloured clothes (Green, brown, Beige, Camouflage)
- Camera (At owners risk) with proper equipment for photography (As per need)
- Fleece/Jacket (temperatures drop in the forest to below 10 degree Celsius
- Energy bars for trails
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 21 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 21 to 14 days prior to the event date.
- 25 % refund if notified via phone conversation 14 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 7 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.