Bhandardara Fireflies Camping
The campsite will be at Bhandardara which is in the interiors of Maharashtra and one of the darkest spot in our state with the least amount of light pollution you will witness the darkest night sky possible. One may see the Milky Way with their naked eyes and spot numerous stars and galaxies that are never visible from the city. For all astrophotography lovers, we'll be taking some killer star-trails and Milky Way pictures. Its gonna be a treat for your lenses. Or if you get tired, you may chill in one of the open tents and immerse yourself under the sky filled with gazillion stars.
Fireflies Festival Information
Summer vacation is always exceptional watching fireflies in the evening before the monsoon started is a perfect way to end to summer vacation. We know them as Fireflies in English, Kajawa in Marathi, Jugnoo in Hindi. Two thousand kinds of firefly bugs documented. Not much is still known and several mysteries to solve for our experts. The list below are things we have learned about fireflies.
1. Fireflies belong to the beetle order; they are not flies.
2. Fireflies produce light using bioluminescence through the night to lure mates or prey.
3. Fireflies chemically generated glow from the lower belly can be yellow, green, or light red.
4. Each Firefly Varieties performs its strobe pattern. Males perform light flashing patterns to attract mates or prey. Females fireflies respond using light patterns to select a mate. They complete their cycle of life and die before the monsoon begins.
Batches for Bhandardara Fireflies Camping
|Bhandardara Fireflies Camping Event Dates May 2019||Bhandardara Fireflies Camping Event Dates May 2019|
Brief Details of Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Camping
- Region Bhandardara - Harishchandragad Kalsubai Forest Sanctuary
- Fireflies Camping Cost Rs 2000/- per person
- Bhandardara Hill Station
Bhandardara Fireflies Event Itinerary
Day One Saturday - Please board the below train till Kasara Railway Station
From Mumbai participants
Train Timings Kasara Railway Station
CSMT – Kasara Fast local
- CSMT - 12:33
- Byculla - 12:40
- Dadar- 12:46
- Kurla - 12:53
- Thane - 13:09
- Dombivali - 13:28
- Kalyan - 13:37
- Kasara - 14:47
From Pune participants
Catch Mumbai Express (11042) from Pune
- Pune 09:30
- Kalyan 12:17
From Kalyan catch above local train.
14:50 Meet at Kasara railway station and move towards Bhandradara.
16:30 Drive till campsite in a local jeep & Reach Bhandardara Fireflies Camping
17:30 We will have a brief introduction and Evening tea
19:30 Enjoy BBQ and campfire.
After dinner explore the nearby areas to view fireflies.
Day Two – Sunday Bhandardara Firefly Festival
07:00 Wake up and freshen up.
08:00 Breakfast and Morning Tea
09:30 Check out from the Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Campsite and move towards Kasara railway station by local vehicle.
11:30 Reach Kasara station and disperse.
- Campers you will meet our trek leader at Kasara Railway Station near the Ticket counter and start your jeep journey
- Please reach Railway station 20 minutes in advance
- If it rains, will try for homestay
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Fireflies Special Overnight Camping at Bhandardara, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 Evening tea and snacks, 1 Dinner and 1 Breakfast.
- Stay on sharing basis.
- Camp expertise, guide & first aid charges
- Kasara to Kasara travel by local vehicle
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch for day 1.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Detailed Information?
Can we drive using our own transport till Bhandardara Firefly Festival?
Yes, we will provide google map location for navigation purpose there is no network here please reach before sunset.
Does the Bhandardara Firefly Campsite has fixed toilets?
Yes, Eastern Commode toilet is available.
Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Mumbai distance or Mumbai to Bhandardara Distance?
210 km from Mumbai to Bhandardara Fireflies Festival Mumbai.
Do you provide sleeping bags for camping?
We don't provide sleeping bags please carry two bedsheets.