The campsite will be at Bhandardara which is in the interiors of Maharashtra and one of the darkest spot in our state with the least amount of light pollution you will witness the darkest night sky possible. One may see the Milky Way with their naked eyes and spot numerous stars and galaxies that are never visible from the city. For all astrophotography lovers, we'll be taking some killer star-trails and Milky Way pictures. Its gonna be a treat for your lenses. Or if you get tired, you may chill in one of the open tents and immerse yourself under the sky filled with gazillion stars.
Sandhan Valley, also known as Valley of suspense or Valley of Shadow, is one of the greatest canyons in the splendid setting of Sahyadri Western Ghats. The water carved valley is 200 ft deep and about 1.5 km long. Sandhan valley is located on the western side of the beautiful Bhandardara region, near Samrad village. The valley is surrounded with mighty Alang, Madan and Kulang (Known as AMK- rated as the toughest trek in Sahyadri) Ratangad, Ajoba & Kalsubai 5400 ft. the highest peak in Maharashtra mountain ranges. The brilliant and deep narrow rock floored ravine is located between the two high walls of the mountain range. At some places, its width is less than 3 ft and at some places, sun rays unable to reach the ground. Which gives it the name: valley of shadows.
Highlights of Event
- Enjoy the best Sunset in Bhandardara from the comfort of your tent
- Music under the stars with the warm comfort of Bonfire
- The best night sky in Maharashtra click amazing night astrophotographs
- Delicious food Barbecue | Dinner | Breakfast included in the package
- Early morning boat ride around the lake
- Western toilets available
- Multi sharing big tents
- Sandhan Valley Trek difficulty level – Easy to Medium
- Visit Sandhan valley – the valley of shadows
Bhandardara Lakeside Camping and Sandhan Valley Trek Event Itinerary
Day 1 - Saturday
Catch CSMT – Kasara local
- CSMT - 11:46
- Byculla - 11:53
- Dadar - 11:59
- Kurla - 12:06
- Ghatkopar - 12:10
- Thane - 12:26
- Dombivli - 12:39
- Kalyan - 12:48
- Kasara - 13:58
For Pune, people train options
1. Train name Sahyadri Express and Train Number 11024
- 06:50 - Pune
- 10:32 - Kalyan
2. Train name Mumbai Express and Train Number 17032
- 09:05 - Pune
- 11:47 - Kalyan
From Kalyan catch above local Kasara train
14:00 Meet at Kasara railway station and move towards the campsite at Bhandardara India
16:00 Reach at the campsite.
17:30 Evening tea.
19:00 Enjoy BBQ and campfire.
Day 2 – Sunday
07:00 Wake up and freshen up.
08:30 Check out from campsite move towards Samrad village.
09:30 Reach Samrad village and visit Sandhan Valley.
Sandhan Vallley half trek.
13:30 Local lunch at Samrad village.
14:30 Departure from Samrad towards Kasara station.
18:00 Reach Kasara station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Bhandardara Camping, no refund will be provided.
- Sandhan Valley trek will be till just a visit.
What is included in the tour
- 1 Evening tea and snacks, 1 veg Dinner, 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Tented stay on multi sharing basis
- Sandhan Valley Trek till half
- Kasara to Kasara transport by local vehicle
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 litres of water.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Proper trekking shoes with grip
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Extra clothes
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
TREKS AND TRAILS EVENTS RULES
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.