About Bhandardara Camping
The campsite will be at Bhandardara which is in the interiors of Maharashtra and one of the darkest spots in our state with the least amount of light pollution you will witness the darkest night sky possible. One may see the Milky Way with their naked eyes and spot numerous stars and galaxies that are never visible from the city. For all astrophotography lovers, you will be able to take some killer star-trails and Milky Way pictures. Its gonna be a treat for your lenses. Or if you get tired, you may chill in one of the open tents and immerse yourself under the sky filled with gazillion stars.There will be a live solo performance by a singer Hindi songs. In the morning relax in the boat ride around the lake. Bhandardara Hill station near Mumbai is very popular among travellers looking for a relaxing weekend.
Please note things to carry
- DSLR or Camera or Mobile with manual mode
- Dslr remote also called intervalometer to capture star trail
- Tripod with ball head prefered
- Torch with extra batteries
Milky Way Photography Event Details
- Location: Ghatghar, Samrad Village
- India toilets available - 15 mins from campsite
- Cost: Rs. 1999/- per person
Night Photography Event Itinerary
Option 1 - By Train
Catch CSMT - Kasara fast local
- 10:16 am CSMT
- 10:23 am Byculla
- 10:29 am Dadar
- 10:36 am Kurla
- 10:40 am Ghatkopar
- 10:57 am Thane
- 11:13 am Dombivli
- 11:21 am Kalyan
- 12:34 pm Kasara
12:45 pm Meet at Kasara railway station.
01:00 pm Move towards Samrad village by local jeep.
Will halt for Lunch on the way at local dhaba. (by your own)
04:30 pm Reach base village.
05:30 pm Evening tea and snacks.
06:30 pm Enjoy sunset and relax.
09:00 pm Dinner.
After dinner will start night photography session.
06:00 am Wake up and freshen up
06:30 am Breakfast.
07:00 am Start Sandhan valley half trek. (Just valley exploration from start point)
10:00 am Back to the village.
10:30 am Start return journey towards Kasara railway station.
01:30 pm Reach at Kasara station and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience
- Missing the train is missing the event, no refund will be provided
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg dinner and 1 veg breakfast
- Night photography session
- Tented stay on multi sharing basis
- Travel from Kasara to base village and back to Kasara by local vehicle
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transportation till Kasara and back
- Lunch on Day 1
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Torch with extra batteries
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bed sheets)
- Comfortable footwear
- Warm clothing (during winter)
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Camera with extra batteries, Tripod
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Identity proof
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50% refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd