Visapur Fort Trek
The famous monsoon Sahyadri Fort is more massive than the twin fort Lohagad. Visapur Fort Lonavala at a higher altitude than Lohagad fort. Many caves, water tanks, old houses, arch, waterfalls, temples are on the Sahyadri Fort. There are two buildings which are roofless now, are government offices from the past. A stone-built home at Visapur Fort called Peshwas Wada popularly. Lord Hanuman carving seen at the Fort, there are many temples dedicated to him at the Fort. Visapur is an ideal trekking destination near Mumbai, Pune, Lonavala.
Visapur Fort Trek 2022
A Monsoon Trek to Visapur Fort India, the best place to spend a rainy evening right! Visit Visapur India for a walk with your partner or enjoy with friends. Visapur Fort also called Visapur Fort is a hill fort near Visapur village in Maharashtra, India. It is a part of the Lohagad Visapur fortification. The Visapur Fort Monsoon trek will enthrall you, and it will make your journey amazing. Enjoy the thrills of trekking in the challenging terrains! Fort offers a majestic view from the height of 3556 feet. Located in Maharashtra near Pune district, the trek to Killa is one of the best treks to do in Monsoon.
Perched upon a lush green plateau, the Visapur Killa is a top-rated excursion destination for adventure mongers as well as nature lovers. The Fort trek is a one-day trek accessible from Mumbai and Pune. It's a grand confusion of boulders and steps up to the fort.
Visapur Trek Event details
- Visapur Trek difficulty level - Easy to Medium
- Endurance Level: Medium
- Base village for Visapur: Malavli
- Visapur Fort Height 3556 feet approx.
- Location: Lonavala
Cost for Visapur Trek
- Option 1 - By Train (Lonavala to Lonavala): Rs. 999/- per person
- Option 2 - By Bus (Mumbai to Mumbai): Rs. 1399/- per person
Trek to Visapur Event Itinerary
Option 1 - By Train
Train timings for Mumbai participants
- 05:40 am - CSMT
- 05:51 am - Dadar
- 06:14 am - Thane
- 06:33 am - Kalyan
- 07:58 am - Lonavala
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
- 06:30 am - Pune
- 06:34 am - Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 am - Lonavala
08:00 am - Meet at Lonavala station and move towards Visapur fort by jeep.
09:00 am - Reach at base and breakfast.
09:30 am - Start ascending Visapur Fort.
11:30 am - Reach at Visapur top and explore.
12:30 pm - Start descending.
02:30 pm - Reach at base village and lunch.
03:30 pm - Move to Lonavala Station by jeep.
04:30 pm - Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Lonavala station.
Option 2 - By Bus from Mumbai
05:10 am - Meet at SGNP main gate, Borivali.
05:15 am - Leave for Visapur fort trek.
05:35 am - Pick up at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
05:50 am - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
06:10 am - Pick up at Sion station circle.
06:25 am - Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur.
06:45 am - Pick up at Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
07:15 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
08:45 am - Reach at Lonavala and move towards base village by local jeep.
09:15 am - Reach at base village and have breakfast.
10:00 am - Start ascending.
12:00 am - Reach the top and explore.
01:00 pm - Start descending.
03:00 pm - Reach base village and have Lunch.
04:00 pm - Start return journey towards Lonavala by local jeep.
04:30 pm - Reach at Lonavala and proceed to Mumbai by private vehicle.
10:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Monsoon Trek to Visapur, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Lonavala to Visapur base and back to Lonavala transport by local jeep (in both options)
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by private non-Ac vehicle (By Bus option)
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Mask and sanitizer
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Malavli? Pune to Lohagad Visapur Distance?
- Yes, you can drive till base village, please use google maps for navigation.
- Note roads from Malavli till Base village Lohagadwadi is in very bad condition and you would need SUV as the incline is too steep.
- Distance is around 71 kilometers to Lohagadwadi.
2. Distance Visapur Fort from Mumbai to Malavali?
- Two and a half hours drive from Mumbai 100 km approx.
3. Distance Visapur Fort from Pune to Malavali? Pune to Visapur fort Distance?
- Two hours drive from Pune - 65 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
- One day is required for the event.
- You can plan the Saturday Visapur trek route and follow by Sunday the Lohagad trek route.
- Visapur Fort Night stay is banned by the Archeological Survey of India and the local Forest and Police department.
5. Is there food available on Visapur fort Pune?
- No. Food is available at base village.
- On weekends locals sell snacks on this Sahyadri Fort.
- During our event, your meals are managed by Treks and Trails India.
- Jain food is available kindly inform us of your food preference in comments at the time of booking.
6. How much time required to climb the Visapur fort trek route?
- Two to three hours from the Malvali Village.
- We will take a trek route near Lohagadwadi it takes one hour to reach Visapur Shikhar from this trek route.
- Visapur Fort in Rainy Season is slippery please wear shoes with a good sole grip. You will be trekking at Visapur Fort Waterfall.
- We will be taking the Visapur waterfall route to summit the fort.
- Visapur Fort Trek Difficulty Level easy to medium grade
7. Where can we park our cars, Visapur Fort Trekking?
- Bhaje village parking base village at your own risk.
- Parking fee payable to local people at
8. Is there any parking charge?
- Yes, payable to local people.
9. Are toilets available on Visapur Fort in Monsoon?
- Not available on the Fort
- During the trek, toilets are not available.
- The restaurant for breakfast and Lunch has toilets and a changing room.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
- We have 60 - 40 % or more Male
- Female ratios on our events.
- Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
- Visapur Lohagarh Fort Pune are safe treks for solo female trekkers
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
- Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
- Please call us before making a booking
12. What type of food will be provided?
- Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
- Jain food is available kindly inform us at the time of booking in comments.
13. Phone Connectivity?
- Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
- Visapur Sahyadri Fort summit good phone connectivity is available.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
- Normal well water shall be provided
- Please carry reusable water bottles you can refill them at the restaurant.
16. Can I charge my phone?
- No electricity or charging station available
- Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the Visapur Fort weather?
- 18 degrees to 26 degrees Visapur Fort Malavli, Maharashtra weather during monsoon, Thunderstorms, Foggy, Low visibility, 90 to 100 percent precip, 90 to 100 percent humidity.
- Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
- Summer Temperature Night 20C - Day 39°C approx.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
- NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers or earphones or headphones?
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay, jeep ride.
- You should enjoy the sounds of nature during the trek
- Trek Leaders constantly communicate with trekkers you will vital communications.
20. How do I make payment for Visapur trek from Pune?
- You can pay online on our website click on the book now button.
- In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
- Whatsapp us 8828004949
21. Visapur fort Camping?
- Camping is not allowed on the Visapur Pune.
- Stay and Camping options are available at the base villages around the fort please contact us for camping and trekking arrangements. To register for Visapur Fort near Pune events please call us 8828004949. Visapur adventure camping can be arranged near the fort it can be combined with Lohgad fort trekking. It is available post-monsoon season during winter and summer months only.
22. Hotels near Visapur Fort Maharashtra? Stay near visapur fort?
- There are many options available for a stay like Tikona Camping, Lohagad wadi camping, visapur lohagad adventure camping, pawna lake camping, Lonavala hilltop camping, Rajmachi camping, and homestay.
- Lonavala has many bungalows and hotels available from one star to five stars depending on your budget. We can help you manage your stay please contact us at 8828004949.
23. How can I go to Lonavala from Visapur fort from Pune?
- By car, you drive down straight for Malavali and turn towards to Bhaje village. You can park your car here and trek starts from the parking area.
- By Bus, Take an Asiad or ST bus from Swargate at Pune and get down at the Malavali bus stop.
- Use a share auto costing Rs 40 per person or walk the 2.5 km down.
- Local train: Take the local train to Lonavala, which runs every hour
Lonavala to visapur fort locals jeeps are available.
There are three trekking routes for Visapur Fort one from Gaimukh Khind, Patan Village, Bhaja Caves depending on your choice you can proceed further from Malvali
Treks and Trails India is the leading trekking group in Pune for Self-operated treks.
24. How can I go to the Visapur fort monsoon? How to reach the Visapur fort from Mumbai?
By Rail: The best way to reach the Visapur fort by rail is to catch a direct train to the Lonavala railway station, which is well connected to nearby cities and towns. From the station, hire a cab, Visapur fort distance from Lonavala 15 km. Visapur fort distance from Pune is 70 km by road. Visapur fort distance from Mumbai 80 km.
25. Fort in Lonavala Visapur Fort images?
Kindly click on the banner image to load the Visapur Fort photos. Visapur trek blog
26. Best time to visit Visapur Fort?
Visapur Fort in Summer will be hot for trekking as there is very little tree cover on the fort. Night treks are not allowed at Visapur Fort. Monsoon and Winter season will be the best time to visit Visapur fort. Lohagad Visapur trek Pune can be completed in one day if you are a fast trekker. Lohghad fort to Visapur fort trek is popular among range trekkers.
27. Visapur Fort History
Visapur Fort established between 1713 - 1720 CE by Balaji Vishwanath the first Peshwa of the Maratha Empire. Visapur Killa constructed after Lohagad Fort though the history of the Lohgad Visapur are connected. In the year 1818, The English made proper arrangements to capture Lohagad Pune where the famed treasury of the Maratha Kingdown kept. The British East India Company was looking to reduce the Peshwa Forts in Maharashtra. The English sent 380 European soldiers and 800 local soldiers and a famous battering train called from Konkan. The English added more artillery from Chakan and two more British Battalions, Visapur Fort was overwhelmed and conquered by 4 March 1818.
Making use of its higher elevation and proximity to Lohagad, the British troops set up their cannons on Visapur and bombarded Lohagad, forcing the Marathas to flee. Visapur Fort is at a Higher elevation than Lohagad fort. In the year 1818 Visapur Lohagad Twin forts went under the command of Colonel Prother. Considering the vital location fo Visapur, the Deccan gateway and North Konkan gateways were destroyed by the British. Most of the principal buildings blown up on the fort. Lohgad Fort Pune is still intact after the surrender. Lohagarh Fort Maharashtra is a fine example for Maratha architecture the gates of the forts are good condition and have detailed carvings.
28. Visapur Fort Night trek?
Trekkers are not allowed to visit the fort at night, camping is also banned on the fort. The local forest department and ASI have placed heavy fines and punishment.
29. Best time to visit the Fort?
Visapur Monsoon Trek is the best time to visit the fort. The route leads through a waterfall and there are many small waterfalls at the plateau. The famous images of Visapur are clicked on the rock-cut steps with water overflowing them. During the winter season, you can see the fort in detail as there is no fog covering the mountain. Summer months it will be difficult as there is very little tree cover on top of the fort.
30. Visapur fort how to reach?
You will meet our trek leader at Lonavala Railway station from here we will move towards our restaurant in a private jeep. After finishing breakfast we will start the trek from the restaurant. The trek route is medium difficulty and short there will be crowds on the weekend. After we finish the trek we will descend to the restaurant located near the start point of the trek. After Lunch and changing into dry clothes we will move to Lonavala railway station by our private jeeps. Incase jeeps are late due to heavy traffic or bad weather participant are requested to cooperate with trek leaders.
31. Visapur waterfall trek
There are many waterfalls on the fort, We will take the waterfall trail it takes 45 minutes to climb through this route till the gate of the fort. After walking a little ahead we will visit the most famous rock-cut steps and Visapur Waterfall on the fort. A huge Lord Hanuman Carving and cave is available next to the waterfall. Visapur Maharashtra India is famous for foggy trails, waterfall, and mountain covered in the cloud.
32. Visapur Trek Route
There are three Visapur trek routes to the top of the fort one from Patan Village, another from Bhaja Caves, and the third one from Gaimukh Khind. Patan Village route is not popular among trekkers and can be difficult to trace. Bhaja caves route to Visapur fort is the second most popular route. Gaimukh Khind which starts near Lohagadwadi is the most popular trek route it is also called the waterfall trek. This route was destroyed by the British now during monsoon season a waterfall flows through the trekking route.
33. Visapur trek in monsoon
The Fort comes to life during the monsoon season. Many waterfall start flowing again, the cool refreshing monsoon breeze takes over the region. You can smell the wet soil and hear the chirping of birds around you. With the Monsoon arrival, trekkers also return to the Fort in large numbers. Supplementing the income of locals who depend on seasonal tourism. You can see many forts from the plateau Lohagad trekking, Korigad Fort, Mumbai Pune Expressway, Tikona Fort, Pawna Lake, Tung Fort are visible from the fort. Monsoon is the best time for treks near Lonavala. Many villagers live near the start point of the trek they provide changing rooms and food with locals setting up small stalls on the fort selling sweet corn, Maggi, tea. Malavli waterfall is a popular destination near Bhaja caves among trekkers during the rainy season trek.
34. Visapur Trek from Mumbai
We help corporate, large groups, colleges, schools arrange the trek from Mumbai. We have plans available from Mumbai and Pune. Our open plans are available on the website for everyone to register. Please call us for any questions or quotations.
35. Hotels near Visapur fort Lonavala? Resorts near Visapur fort?
Lonavala has a huge collection of hotels and resorts available for all budgets here is our list.
- Fariyas Resort Lonavala 5 star property
- Hotel Chandralok
- Upperdeck Resort
- The Machan
- Basilica Holiday Home
- Cloud 9 Hills Resort
- Club Mahindra Tungi Resort
- Amanzi Resort
- Le Farm Luxury Farmstay
- Pawna Lake Camping
36.Places near Visapur fort?
There are many exciting places to spend your weekend near the Visapur Fort you can visit The Patan Caves, Bedse Caves, Karla Caves, Bhaja Caves. You can enjoy camping at Pawna Lake. There is Pawna Lake Paragliding, Kamshet Paragliding available. You can combine your trek with Lohagad Fort Trek, Rajmachi Fort Trek, Tung Fort Trek, Tikona Fort Trek, Korigad Fort Trek some of the popular Fort in Maharashtra. There beautiful waterfalls like Kataldhar Waterfall, Malavali Waterfall, Bhaja Waterfall, Lohagad waterfall, Dudhiware Waterfall, Kune Waterfall.
37. How to reach Visapur fort?
Trekking at Lonavala has become the goto activity among the youth of Maharashtra. We have mentioned the train timings from Pune and Mumbai to reach Lonavala for the Fort Trek. From Lonavala, we will start our journey in our private jeeps till the base village. Our trek leader will guide you from Lonavala. After the trek is complete we will drop you back to Lonavala station with Happy memories.
38. How to reach Visapur fort from Mumbai?
Incase planning to go on this trek by yourself please read the complete Visapur trek blog. You can also follow the itinerary above and manage the trek from Malavli Station. Where is Visapur fort we get this question a lot it is located at Malavli near Bhaja Caves? How to reach Visapur fort from Pune same please follow our itinerary in case you are attempting by yourself our blog will help you plan it.