Vaitarna Lake Cycling
Vaitarna Lake is settled in the core of the most picturesque scene, encircled by the Sahyadri Mountains, fortresses, lakes, backwoods of verdant greenery, and falling cascades. We will be cycling effortlessly through this locale where one can encounter the freshness of the Vaitarna Lake's perfect waters, and the eminence of the Sahyadri Mountain ranges on the other. An unadulterated countryside trail takes you through the whole Igatpuri district and streets wrapped by immense trees before opening up to the brilliant, perfectly lucid Upper Vaitarna Lake. In the wake of letting the view hit home, ride your cycles along the periphery of the Vaitarna Lake till you get to the Vaitarna Dam. It is a pleasant cycling trail among mountains, lakes, and homesteads that close at the quiet Vaitarna Lake. For a reviving end of the week, set out on a cycling ride to Upper Vaitarna, encompassed by rich greenery and unmatched utopian experience.
You won't regret all the efforts when you are rewarded with whiffs of fresh air and unrivaled views. Pursue this cycling outing to the beautiful tidal pond with a massive reach out of backwaters and flanked by deep woods.
Cost for Cycling Event at Vaitarna
- Cost without transport: Rs. 1749/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 2399/- per person
Cycling at Vaitarna Event Itinerary
- 05:45 Meet us at Darpan cinema, Andheri.
- 06:00 Start journey towards Igatpuri.
- 06:15 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on highway), Bandra.
- 06:30 Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 07:00 Pick up at Teen Hath Naka, Thane.
- 09:30 Reach at starting point and have a packed breakfast.
09:30 - We will distribute cycles here.and give instructions
10:00 - Enjoy cycling on lakeside road.
14:00 - Have a Lunch.
16:30 - Start return journey towards Mumbai.
20:00 - Approx.arrival at Thane bus will take the same route
- People who are coming by their own transport, please reach starting point by 9am. Will give you exact location of starting point after booking.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
Cycling event information
- Starting point: Vaitarna Lake will be shared upon registration
- Grade: Easy
- Endurance: Moderate
- Approximate time: Five hours, to and fro.
- Approximate distance covered: 40 kilometers, to and fro.
- Water sources: Ample water sources. However, one should carry at least two liters of water.
Best months to visit: The best time to cycle around Igatpuri and Upper Vaitarna area is during the start of the monsoons and post-monsoon. This helps because when it rains, the hillside suddenly bursts into greenery, and during those short dry spells before and after the monsoons, the soil is firm enough to cycle effortlessly. Monsoons is also a great time to ride through because it's less sunny, and one can find more green coverage along with mist-clad mountains.
What is included in the tour
- Cycle with helmet
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Travel by private non-Ac vehicle (with transport option)
- Leaders expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Vaitarna Lake (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
While it is common for trekkers to explore Maharashtra's various regions by climbing hilly slopes, reaching the base villages by tumtum, jeeps, and autos. For a broader perspective of what the Western Ghats and Sahyadri, one should try out cycling along these unpaved streets and across the quaint hamlets of Maharashtra. One such cycling trail which has a different charm altogether is the Igatpuri to Upper Vaitarna region. Upper Vaitarna is an elevated lake and dam region in the Nashik district of Maharashtra.The entire region gets a green, velvety look in monsoon season. You may also enjoy the numerous waterfalls during the journey on a rainy day.
Highlights of the Cycling Trail to Upper Vaitarna Region via Igatpuri:
- The breeze hitting your face and the view of majestic mountains while cycling through the roads of Igatpuri is breathtaking.
- The mesmerizing azure Vaitarna Lake and beautiful waterfalls en route will leave you spellbound.
- Burn those lockdown calories on this off the road, out of the city, Igatpuri to Upper Vaitarna Cycling trip.
- The background of the Western Ghats' spectacular peaks and trenches makes the Igatpuri to Vaitarna dam route look heavenly.
- Besides the Vaitarna dam's panoramic beauty, it is the biggest supplier of water for Mumbai and surrounding cities. Vaitarna Dam is the second-highest dam in Maharashtra.
- Surrounded by the splendorous Western Ghats, Igatpuri to Vaitarna cycling trip serves as a perfect getaway from cities' daily chaos and rush.
- The route to Vaitarna dam has the best terrain for cycling and offers the stunning scenery of the Western Ghats' undulating stony peaks.
Please note actual cycling route will be shared upon registration
Upper Vaitarna Circuit Route: Igatpuri – Ghoti – Ondli - Nagosali –Khodala Take Harsha Road Nigurdpada –Trimbak Ghoti road - Saturli – Ghoti – Igatpuri.
One way Route: Igatpuri – Igatpuri City Road – Ghoti Budruk – Kambale – Goti Vaitarna Road – Goti Vaitarna Bypass - Ondli - Nagosali- Khodala Take Harsha Road – Vaitarna.
In the vicinity are several tourist attractions like Tringalwadi fort, Trimbak, and Harihar Fort, a paradise for hikers and rock climbers. Nashik also is home to India's most revered Shirdi Saibaba Temple, Bhandardhara Plateau, and massive mountain ranges.