About Kondana Caves
Kondana Caves situated in Karjat offers the ancient lifestyle of Buddhist followers. Ancient rock-cut caves, Kondana Caves are very famous Buddhist caves. These caves enclose sculptures, vihara, chaitya and stupa. Sculptures and stupas are specimens of the ancient period Buddhist architecture. There was a natural disaster in the form of an earth quake in early 1900 by which many stupas, front entrance and floor of the caves were damaged. These ancient caves attract lots of tourists and Buddhist devotees all through the year. Kondana Caves is around 15 KM from Karjat.
Kondana Caves Trek Event Details
- Kondana caves trek difficulty level: Easy
- Base village Kondana caves: Kondhane
- Kondana caves height: 60m above Sea Level (Approx.)
- Time required climbing Kondana caves: 1 hour (one way)
- Cost: Rs. 1100/-(per person)
Kondhane Caves Trek Itinerary
- 05:45 Meet at Nirlon House, Goregaon.
- 06:00 Departure for Kondhane Caves trek.
- 09:30 Reach at base village and Breakfast.
- 10:00 Start ascending.
- 11:00 Reach on top and explore.
- 12:30 Descend.
- 13:30 Reach at Kondhane village and Lunch.
- 14:30 Start return journey towards Mumbai.
- 18:00 Approx. arrival at Goregaon.
- As monsoon get over, there will be no water at waterfall.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Goregaon to Goregaon travel by private non-AC bus
- Treks and Trailsexpertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required