As we await the upcoming monsoon season first showers we welcome the season of fireflies. Western Ghats jungles will soon twinkle with small light, this period is known as the mating season for fireflies. Enjoy Firefly camping at Rajmachi Village near Lonavala. Fireflies at night cover the forest with small twinkling lights.
Who are these beautiful Fireflies?
Fireflies or lightning bugs make light within their bodies. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Fireflies light up to attract a mate. To do this, the fireflies contain specialized cells in their abdomen that helps to create light.
About Rajmachi Fireflies Event
Rajmachi Fort has two forts Shirvardhan and Manaranjan which were built by Shivaji Maharaj during 17th century. It is a famous spot for trekking. It is a 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala Station. Rajmachi fort is a strategic fort overlooking Borghat which was a historical trade route. Rajmachi peak has two fortified structures - the Shrivardhan fort and Manaranjan fort.
Batches for Rajmachi Fireflies
- 18th 19th May 2019
- 25th 26th May 2019
- 1st 2nd June 2019
- 8th 9th June 2019
- 15th 16th June 2019
- 22nd 23rd June 2019
Rajmachi Firefly Trek & Camping Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala.
- Villagers Home Stay
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
- Cost: Rs 1600
Event Itinerary: Fireflies at Rajmachi & Kondhane Caves
We meet at 17:20 Hrs. (sharp) at Lonavala Railway station
Suggested train to board is the 11009/Mumbai CST-Sinhagad Express, timings are:
17:20 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep (Half Way)
18:00 Start Trek towards base village and watch fireflies on the way and at base Village
20:30 Reach Base Village (6 km trek)
22:00 Dinner - Stay in Village House Dormitory
07:30 Fort visit and exploration.
13:00 Descend from Rajmachi to Kondhane Caves.
16:00 Visit Kondhane caves
17:30 Reach Kondhane village & travel towards Karjat Station.
19:00 Disperse at Karjat railway station.
- Incase it rains Jeep is only available half the way as road becomes not motorable, participant will have to walk 8 km till pickup point.
- Due to visitor rush during this period jeeps are sometimes unavailable or overbooked participant are requested to wait patiently for their jeep.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling Lonavala to base village by Jeep (Half Way)
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Treks and Trails India charges if any
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory
- Travelling Kondhane Village to Karjat Station
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Please note: Participant wearing Sports Shoes / Running Shoes / Repaired Shoes, kindly buy good trekking shoes. Trekking is specialist activity. Trekking shoes are must.
- A haversack / Backpack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands free while trekking.
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags.
- Please wear full sleeves t-shirts and long pants.
- Identity proof (must)
- Carry Sleeping Bag or Two Bedsheets.
- Torch with new batteries - Compulsory per person.
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc. For Energy while you Trek. Glucon D / Energy bars.
- Water (at least 2 - 3 Litters).
- Sun Cap.
- Avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Medicine those if you require usually.
- Odomos gel or cream to avoid mosquitoes or insect.
Frequently Asked Questions - Rajmachi Fireflies Trek & Camping
1. Can we drive till Rajmachi Village?
Not in monsoon. You need good 4WD vehicle as last 8 km is completely off road with small turning radius.
2. How far it is from Mumbai/Pune?
Three hours drive from Mumbai, 125 km approx.
3. Number of days required for this event?
Two days and One Night
4. Where can we park our cars?
Lonavala at your own risk
5. Is there any parking charge?
Yes parking and forest fees applicable
6. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Mattress: Like Yoga Mat is provided.
Sleeping bag: NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags.
Please carry personal sleeping material or two bedsheets
7. Are Toilet Available?
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode.
8. Do Single Travellers Female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
9. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
10. What type of food will be provided?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available.
11. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
12. Where will we stay?
Homestay will be in Dormitory Villagers house simple sleeping mat is provided.
11. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus and stay and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
12. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
13. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
14. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets.
15.Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
16. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
17. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com