About Kondana Caves
Kondana Caves situated in Karjat offers the ancient lifestyle of Buddhist followers. Ancient rock-cut
caves, Kondana Caves are very famous Buddhist caves. These caves enclose sculptures, vihara, chaitya, and stupa. Sculptures and stupas are specimens of the ancient period Buddhist architecture. There was
a natural disaster in the form of an earthquake in early 1900 by which many stupas, front entrance and
floor of the caves were damaged. These ancient caves attract lots of tourists and Buddhist devotees all
through the year. Kondana Caves is around 15 KM from Karjat.
Batches for Kondana Caves Trek
Kondane Caves Trek Event Details
- Kondana caves trek difficulty level: Easy.
- Base village Kondana caves: Kondhane.
- Kondana caves height: 60m above Sea Level (Approx.).
- The time required climbing Kondana caves: 1 hour (one way).
- Cost: Rs 900
Kondhane Caves Trek Itinerary
Catch Karjat slow local from CSMT.
CSMT – Karjat slow local timetable.
05:20 Mumbai CSMT
07:40 Meet at Karjat railway station, near the ticket counter.
07:45 Move to Base Village by local vehicle.
08:45 Reach at base village and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
10:15 Reach on top and explore.
12:15 Reach at Kondhane village and Lunch.
13:30 Journey towards Karjat railway station by local vehicle.
14:30 Reach at Karjat railway station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kondhane Caves Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back.
- Travel from Pune to Karjat and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Water Bottles (2-3 Litres)
- Torch with Extra batteries
- Cap, Rain cheater (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet
- Camera, Cell Phone, Binoculars (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other costly ornaments
- Electoral or Glucon D powder, some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits.
- Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes
- DRY bag for your garbage
- 2-3 bunch of papers (Optional)
- Good trekking shoes
- Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.)
- Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking
Learn how to plan your trek - First Trek Essentials
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd