In the Indian state of Maharashtra, the Kas Pathar Satara, usually referred to as the "Kaas Pathar," is located in the Western Ghats Sahyadri range 25 kilometers from Satara city. The Kaasa flower tree is the source of the name Kas Pathar. This tree's leaves age, changing from green to scarlet. Due to the great biodiversity found here, this place has been designated a "WORLD HERITAGE SITE."
This biodiversity hotspot is home to a wide variety of wildflowers, some of which are unique to Kaas Pathar Satara, as well as countless insect species, stunning bird species, amphibians, reptiles, and several notable mammalian species. The pleasure of visiting this "paradise on earth" is always wonderful.
Kaas Tour from Mumbai - Click here
Kaas Tour from Pune - Click here
Kas Pathar Tour 2022 Highlights
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Birding we will play the game of counting the number of different birds spotted
- Witness amazing colours of wildflower blooms and diverse Flora and Fauna
- Thoseghar Waterfall visit
- Chalkewadi Plateau Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
- View of Sajjangad while returning from Thoseghar Waterfall
Cost for Kas Pathar Tour
- Cost from Mumbai: Rs. 2599/- per person
- Cost from Pune: Rs. 1799/- per person
Kas Pathar and Thoseghar Waterfall Tour Itinerary
- 08:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate.
- 09:00 pm - Leave for the Kaas.
- 09:30 pm - Pick up at Andheri WEH.
- 09:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 10:00 pm - Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 10:15 pm - Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur.
- 10:45 pm - Pick up at Vashi Plaza.
- 11:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
- 05:00 am - Reach Satara and breakfast
- 07:00 am - Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Kaas Valley exploration - Forest Guide Tour.
- 09:00 am - Walk to Kumudini Lake for Kumudini Flower.
- 10:00 am - Walk to Kaas Lake.
- 11:30 am - Departure from Kaas Lake for Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 12:30 pm - Lunch on the way.
- 01:30 pm - Move towards Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 02:30 pm - Reach at Thoseghar Waterfall.
- 04:30 pm - Departure for Mumbai.
- 11:30 pm - Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
04:45 am - Meet at McDonald's, Deccan.
05:00 am - Leave for Kaas Plateau of flowers.
05:15 am - Pick up at Navale Bridge.
Breakfast on the way.
08:30 am - Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Kaas Valley exploration - Forest Guide Tour.
12:00 pm - Departure from Kaas Lake for Thoseghar Waterfall.
Lunch on the way.
03:00 pm - Thoseghar Waterfall. (Walk of 10 Minutes required to reach the Point of Thoseghar Waterfall.)
04:00 pm - Start return journey towards Pune.
08:30 pm - Approx. arrival at Pune.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private AC vehicle
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch.
- Entry fee for Kaas Plateau & Thoseghar Waterfall
- Treks and Trails India charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost included above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, and bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield (must)
- Sanitizer (must)
- Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trip
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect you from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, and a sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wears full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and a face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like a utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share them with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. In case the distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, or drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful to the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, or trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participants need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, or natural habitats on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back at own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speakers are not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, or break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Frequently asked Kaas Pathar question
1. When does Kas Pathar 2022 online booking start?
The online for Kas Pathar in Satara starts during September, and the best time to visit is after the Satara Hill Marathon is over, ideally in the third week of the month.
2. Which flowers can we expect to see on Satara Kas Pathar 2022 tour?
You can see flowers at the Kaas Pathar throughout the year. The most famous time to see flowers are during September and October. Below are some of the most commonly seen flowers during the Kas Pathar visit.
- Utricularia Pupurensis is also known as Seeta's tears flower
- Exacum Pumilum also known as Jambhali Chirayat
- Pinda Concanensis also as Konkan Pind or Pand
- Neanotis Lancifolia, also known as Starviolet or Taraguccha in Marathi
- Paracaryopsis Coelestina, also known as Common Hill Borage or Nisurdi in Marathi
- Murdannia simplex or Nilima in Marathi
- Impatiens dalzelli (Mararthi : Piwala Terada)
- Ceropegia Vincaefolia, also known as Kandil Kharchudi
- Ceropegia Media, also known as Medi Kharchudi in Marathi
- Ceropegia Jaini, also known as Jaini Kharchudi
- Vigna Vexillata or "Elephant's Trunk," also known as Halunda
- Dipcadi Montanum or Dipcadi in Marathi
3. How much time does it take from Satara to Kas Pathar?
It will take one hour to reach Kaas Pathar from Satara; during the second half of the day, it can take longer as there will be traffic on both sides. Photography Kas Pathar Satara is usually best around sunrise or sunset when the light is ideal for photography.
4. How long is the Kas Pathar season in 2022?
The season will last a maximum of one or two months, depending on the weather. Kaas Pathar booking starts in September and is available until October; once the flowers wither away, the online permits are discontinued on the website.
5. Can you share the Kas Pathar images?
We have uploaded our images to the image gallery; kindly check them. The flower carpet changes every year depending on weather conditions. Some years the flowers come in huge numbers, and in certain years they come in a lesser number. Kas Pathar is ideal for macro photography and landscape photography.
6. Waterfalls near Kas Pathar?
The best waterfalls to visit near Satara or Kaas Pathar are listed below.
- Vajrai Waterfall Satara
- Thoseghar Waterfall Sataa
- Ekiv Waterfall Satara
7. What is the Kas Pathar distance from Pune?
Kaas Pathar Satara is located 136 kilometers from Pune. It will take three hours and thirty minutes. Roads in Maharashtra are in very bad condition; please keep an extra buffer time for your travel.
8. What is the best Kas Pathar flower season?
Flowering is subjective to weather and many different natural conditions. September 3rd week to mid-October is the best season to see the flowers at Kas Pathar Satara. Karvi Flower blooms once in seven years; during this year, you can see a huge flower carpet of purple. This year is the best time to visit the Kas Pathar or Valley of Flowers.
9. Are toilets available at the Kaas Plateau?
We will use the toilets at the restaurant where we will take a lunch and breakfast break. Kas Pathar Satara Maharashtra has temporary toilets installed; they are a little stinky to use.
10. Best time to visit Kas Pathar?
You can visit post the monsoon period to see full flowers at the Kas Pathar Satara Maharashtra. Once it gets hotter and the rains stop due to lack of topsoil, the flowers start to wither. So visit before it stops raining completely or gets very hot.
11. Kaas Plateau Satara, is parking available?
Yes, parking is easily available at the end or start of the Kas Pathar. It is best to park the car at the start of the Kas Pathar and use the forest department bus to reach the plateau or the Kaas Lake.
12. Kas Pathar from Pune?
We have a guided tour by AC bus from Pune. With centralised pickup and drops available from the city. Our Kas Pathar from Pune tour includes AC Bus, Breakfast and Lunch, Entry fees, Parking, and Thoseghar Waterfall visit.
13. How to check Kas Pathar latest news?
Unfortunately, the Kaas Pathar official website is always not working or not updated quickly; the best way to get the Kas Pathar latest news is by checking hashtags on a social media website. Check for hashtags like #kaspathar #kaaspathar #kaasplateau for the latest images posted on Twitter or Instagram.
14. Will the Kaas Plateau in Maharashtra have flowers?
Various conditions determine a good blooming year at the Kaas Plateau; you may verify blooms by searching for #kaasplateau in recent photographs on Google. We schedule the visits so that participants have the best possible opportunity of viewing wildflowers. Please confirm your Kaas Pathar reservation as the limited number of passes and slot times rapidly sell out.
15. Kaas flower plateau Maharashtra Tour Favorite Cuisine?
Veg, Non-Veg, or Jain food will be available along the way. The meal is straightforward and wholesome. We have limited time to visit the Kaas Pathar and Thoseghar waterfall; we will stop at planned spots only for breakfast and Lunch.
16. Will we be camping near Kaas Plateau?
We have planned a Day Trip for Kaas. Camping is not allowed at Kas Pathar or the Kaas Lake area.
17. Will it Rain in Satara's Valley of Flowers?
Yes, the Valley of Flowers experiences a lot of rain. Carry your umbrella, poncho, and rain jacket in Satara, Maharashtra. On a bright day, an umbrella will also come in helpful.