Bhairavgad Trek Fort
Bhairavgad fort established near Malshej Ghat, Western Sahyadri ranges of Maharashtra, India. Many mountains are called Bhairavgad one near the Chiplun-Karad district, one near Malshej Ghat and Bhandardara precinct near Ghanchakkar this third most towering peak of Maharashtra.
Moroshicha Bhairavgad Trek will challenge your limits, once in a lifetime adventure. Seasoned trekkers and climbers should attempt Bhairavgad Fort with excellent technical support. Moroshicha Bhairavgad is easily visible while driving through the Malshej Ghat. One of the toughest treks in Maharashtra trail is highly exposed, and rock-cut steps are narrow.
Bhairavgad Fort is Dyke or Dike in geological language, is a layer of rock that developed in a split of a pre-existing rock body. Bhairavgad used as an outpost to keep an eye over the Kalyan-Junnar trade route and the Naneghat-Jivdhan Trade route.
Moroshicha Bhairavgad Trek goes through the thin jungle, ridges once you reach the plateau you will see hue tree and Bhairavnath temple. The trail here passes through many flowering plants like Karvi during October the route is risky with scree path.
Rock cut steps are challenging on this trek, and steps are narrow with mud scree. You can feel the overhang while navigating through the steps. The summit offers impressive views of Sahyadris you can see Naneghat, Jivdhan, Rohida, Harishchandragad, Ajoba. Descending is very difficult as the route is highly exposed, rappelling used to make the descend safer and quicker.
Bhairavgad Fort Trek from Pune Itinerary
- 11:45 pm - Meet us at McDonald's, Deccan. (https://goo.gl/maps/vDqyKCHanhSMxG1M6)
- 12:00 am - Move towards base village.
- 12:10 am - Pick up at New Shivaji nagar bus stop. (https://goo.gl/maps/SfmCVQFKPsGLZtcc7)
- 12:20 am - Pick up at Nashik Phata. (https://goo.gl/maps/3FkGAuJrKrkip2wj6)
05:00 am – Reach at base village.
Have a breakfast.
06:00 am – Start ascending.
08:30 am – Reach at Bhairavgad step climbing patch.
10:30 am – Reach at top.
11:00 am – Start descending.
03:00 pm – Reach at base village and have a lunch.
04:00 pm – Start return journey towards Pune.
09:00 pm – Approx. arrival at Pune.
- Please carry 2-3 liters water compulsory, as there is no water source on the trek.
- Good torch with extra batteries (no mobile torch)
- Wear shoes with good grip
- No washrooms available on this trek
- High endurance required for this trek
- Prior trekking experience is required for this trek
- It is technical trek
- BMI should be below 30.
What is included in the tour
- Pune to Pune travel in private non-Ac vehicle
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Trek Leader expertise and Basic First Aid
- E-certificate on successful completion of the trek
What is NOT included in the tour
- Entry fee for foreign nationals
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 3 litres of water (Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Sleeping material (Sleeping mat and Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate, and a Swiss-knife
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm clothes (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of clothes, napkin
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Scratches
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
TREKS AND TRAILS EVENTS RULES
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, or natural habitats on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Bhairavgad Fort Trek Information
- Bhairavgad Fort Height 2830 feet
- Bhairavgad Fort base village height 624 feet
- Bhairavgad Trek ascent 1660 feet
- Bhairavgad Trek distance five kilometers one way
- Bhairavgad Trek grade toughest
- Bhairavgad trek duration of 13 hours
Bhairavgad Fort distance from Mumbai?
It is located at 115 km approx. 3 hours drive.
Bhairavgad Fort distance from Kalyan?
It is located at 75 km approx. 2 hours drive.
Bhairavgad Fort distance from Pune?
It is located at 135 km approx. 3.5 hours drive.