Bhairavgad Trek Fort
Bhairavgad fort established near Malshej Ghat, Western Sahyadri ranges of Maharashtra, India. Many mountains are called Bhairavgad one near the Chiplun-Karad district, one near Malshej Ghat and Bhandardara precinct near Ghanchakkar this third most towering peak of Maharashtra.
Moroshicha Bhairavgad Trek will challenge your limits, once in a lifetime adventure. Seasoned trekkers and climbers should attempt Bhairavgad Fort with excellent technical support. Moroshicha Bhairavgad is easily visible while driving through the Malshej Ghat. One of the toughest treks in Maharashtra trail is highly exposed, and rock-cut steps are narrow.
Bhairavgad Fort is Dyke or Dike in geological language, is a layer of rock that developed in a split of a pre-existing rock body. Bhairavgad used as an outpost to keep an eye over the Kalyan-Junnar trade route and the Naneghat-Jivdhan Trade route.
Moroshicha Bhairavgad Trek goes through the thin jungle, ridges once you reach the plateau you will see hue tree and Bhairavnath temple. The trail here passes through many flowering plants like Karvi during October the route is risky with scree path.
Rock cut steps are challenging on this trek, and steps are narrow with mud scree. You can feel the overhang while navigating through the steps. The summit offers impressive views of Sahyadris you can see Naneghat, Jivdhan, Rohida, Harishchandragad, Ajoba. Descending is very difficult as the route is highly exposed, rappelling used to make the descend safer and quicker.
Bhairavgad Fort Trek Itinerary
Day Zero: Saturday
- Mumbai participant, meet Treks and Trails India team at Kalyan State Transport Stand near the Ticket counter at 10.40 pm.
- Pune participant, please board 18:35 Indrayani or 18:50 Ajmer Express and reach Kalyan at 10.40 pm near State Transport Stand near the Ticket counter.
Day One: Sunday.
We will travel to Moroshi Base village by local jeeps from Kalyan.
- 02:10 am - Reach Moroshi village and refresh
- 02:40 am - Bhairavgad trek begins to the base
- 05:00 am - Reach rock climbing patch and rest
- 06:10 am - Good morning and enjoy your tea and breakfast
- 07:10 am - Start climbing the rock patches
- 09:40 am - Bhairavgad summit and explore
- 10:40 am - Start rappelling and descend to Moroshi
- 02:10 pm - Reach base village and enjoy local lunch
- 03:00 pm - Leave for Kalyan State transport Station
- 04:40 pm - Reach Kalyan
Please note trek ending time may vary depending on group speed, weather conditions, the crowd on the slope and many other factors please give some time margin for your return journey.
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Kalyan to Kalyan in a private jeep on sharing basis.
- Breakfast, Tea and Lunch.
- Technical expertise and equipment charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Anything other than mentioned inclusions.
- 3 litres of water (Compulsory)
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- A proper backpack (No side bags and jholas)
- Sleeping material (Sleeping mat and Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon, steel plate, and a Swiss-knife
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Warm clothes (Jacket, Cap, Muffler)
- Extra pair of clothes, napkin
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Scratches
Bhairavgad Fort Trek Information
- Bhairavgad Fort Height 2830 feet
- Bhairavgad Fort base village height 624 feet
- Bhairavgad Trek ascent 1660 feet
- Bhairavgad Trek distance five kilometers one way
- Bhairavgad Trek grade toughest
- Bhairavgad trek duration of 13 hours
Bhairavgad Fort distance from Mumbai?
It is located at 115 km approx 3 hours drive.
Bhairavgad Fort distance from Kalyan?
It is located at 75 km approx 2 hours drive.
Bhairavgad Fort distance from Pune?
It is located at 135 km approx 3.5 hours drive.