Anjarle Turtle Festival 2023
Anjarle Village is hosting its first turtle conservation event. Let us support the villagers and provide support and motivation to villagers by participating in Anjarle Turtle Festival.
Anjarle beach located near Dapoli is well connected by roads and a prime example of Konkan beach. Unspoiled a sleepy fishing village surrounded by a beach covered with coconut trees. You can spend your weekend here refreshing and taking the beautiful sights around Anjarle Village.
Anjarle is also famous for the ‘Kadyawarcha Ganpati’ temple located on a cliff. Anjarle beach Turtle Festival is organized by Sahyadri Nisarga Mitra and Kasav Mitra Mandal. Olive Ridley Turtles' eggs are protected at the nest site after they are laid on the beach by Turtles. Protected eggs are later released when they hatch into baby olive ridley turtles with the hope they will return one day again to lay more eggs on the beach. Watching these baby turtles take their first steps as they find their way toward the sea is an unforgettable moment.
Enjoy a boat ride from Harnai Jetty towards Suvarnadurg fort located in the middle of the sea if you are lucky we can spot dolphin nearby. Suvarnadurg is a fort that is located on a small island in the Arabian Sea, near Harnai in Konkan.
Event Details for Anjarle Turtle Festival
- Event Type: Tour
- Travelling by A/C Bus
- Food Arrangement: Homestay with Veg food already arranged
- Transport: Travel by the same private vehicle for the entire tour
- Maximum participants: 30
- Parking available: yes
- Cost: Rs. 3999/- per person
Itinerary for Anjarle Turtle Festival 2023
Day Zero: Friday Night
- 20:45 Meet at Pritam Da Dhaba, Dadar East near Kotak ATM.
- 21:00 Leave for Anjarle Beach.
- 21:30 Chembur Diamond Garden.
- 22:00 Vashi below the main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
- 22:45 Kalamboli Mcdonalds
Day One - Saturday
- 05:00 Reach Anjarle and Freshen up.
- 06:00 Visit to Anjarle Beach for Turtle sighting.
- 08:30 Breakfast
- 09:30 Visit to Suvarnadurg, Fattegad Light house.
- 13:00 Lunch and Rest
- 16:30 Evening tea
- 17:00 Visit to Anjarle beach for turtle sightings
- 20:30 Dinner and rest
Day Two - Sunday
- 05:30 Wake Up and freshen up
- 06:00 Visit to Anjarle beach for turtle sighting
- 08:00 Breakfast.
- 09:00 Departure from Anjarle, Visit Anjarle's famous temple - Kadyavarcha Ganpati Shree Vyaghreshwar Temple, Keshavraaj Temple
- 13:00 Lunch on the way
- 15:00 Start return journey for Mumbai
- 23:00 Approx arrival at Dadar – Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Dadar to Dadar travelling by private AC vehicle
- Accommodation typical Konkani homestay - Dormitory
- Saturday 1 veg breakfast, 1 Veg Lunch, 1 Veg Dinner
- Sunday: 1 Veg breakfast, 1 Veg Lunch
- Sightseeing as per the schedule
- Expertise, guide charges and Treks and Trails, India administration charges if any.
- Ferryboat charges for Suvarnadurg if available.
- All entry tickets and permissions. Provision of primary first aid only
What is NOT included in the tour
- Non Veg Food, Camera or photography charges if any.
- Dinner on Friday Night and Sunday not included.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes & towel
- Comfortable footwear
- Personal medicines (if any)
- Mosquito repellent cream
- Sun cap and Sunscreen
- Identity proof
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
TREKS AND TRAILS EVENTS RULES
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Frequently asked questions
Anjarle Turtle Festival 2023
1. Are kids allowed for the Anjarle Turtle Festival?
The kids at the Anjarle Turtle festival learn about turtle conservation and habitat conservation. They visit historic forts and beautiful Anjarle beaches and visit temples for blessing. Yes, Kids can join the turtle festival along with a guardian or parent.
2. Is turtle sighting guaranteed at the Anjarle beach turtle festival?
Hatchling sighting is not guaranteed. Locals give expected hatching dates. We all want you to see turtles when you come this far.
The Anjarle Turtle Festival is held every year starting in March. The event, organized by the Anjarle villages and the forest department, and a local NGO, recognizes an integral part of the local culture with a variety of activities, including turtle conservation and Habitat protection.
3. Is Jain food available at Anjarle Beach Homestay?
It can be arranged on request. Please mention your requirement for Jain Food at the time of booking in the comments.
4. Can we pay cash for Anjarla Beach Turtle Festival?
Advance, 100% payment is required to confirm a booking. You can use our payment gateway for online transactions. We need to make prior arrangements. Kindly book in advance for Turtle Festival Anjarle.
5. Can we swim at Anjarle Beach?
Swimming in Sea is not allowed as the beach is unsafe and no lifeguards are available. Anjarle Beach is a perfect place to visit if you are looking for a beach with white sand and clean water. It is also home to the historic forts of Suvarnadurg, which have been preserved in their original state.
You can also learn about turtle conservation and habitat conservation while you are there. There are many beautiful beaches globally, but Anjarle Beach is one of the best.
What type of toilets is available at the Anjarle beach turtle festival?
Toilets' eastern commodes are available. Anjarle Beach is a beautiful beach located in the southern part of Dapoli city. It has a long stretch of white sand and clean water and is surrounded by lush green vegetation.
Anjarle Beach is one of the most popular beaches at Dapoli, and it offers visitors a stunning view of the Suvarnadurg Fort. Visitors can enjoy the Turtle festival, boat safari, or just lay out on the beach while listening to the waves.
7. Can we drive to Anjarle Beach homestay?
Yes, we will provide you with map coordinates to reach the Anjarle village. We can make arrangements; please email us at email@example.com
8. How is the mobile phone network at Anjarle Beach?
The phone signal is weak for most telephone operators, with limited data speed availability. The homestay doesn't have wifi for the group tour.
9. Anjarle Beach Homestay electricity and load shedding?
Please carry a power bank along, and some load shedding is present during the summer months in the Konkan region of Maharashtra.
10. Other places to visit nearby the Anjarle Turtle Festival?
Due to limited time available, we won't be able to visit all places on this tour though we can create a personalized tour for you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harnai Fishing Village
- Karde Beach
- Ladghar Beach
- Murud Beach
- Dapoli Agriculture college
- Panhalekaji Caves
- Gandharpale Caves Mahad
- Dolphin Safari
Kadyavarcha Ganpati Anjarle: The temple of Lord Ganesha, widely known as 'Kadyavarcha Ganpati,' is located on a small hill to the right as you enter the Anjarle Village. The road leading to the temple is lined with lush green trees, and there is a straight route leading directly to the temple for automobiles. The temple is said to have been built roughly 600 years ago.
Suvarnadurg Fort: Suvarnadurg, the Golden Fort, often spelled Severndroog in English and occasionally also spelled Savandurga by locals, is a fort located between Mumbai and Goa on a tiny island in the Arabian Sea, near Harnai in Konkan, in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The fort also comprises the Kanakadurga, a tiny land fort at the base of the headland of Harnai port on the shore. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj fortified the forts for defense purposes.
Suvanadurga's literal meaning in Marathi is "Golden Fort" since it was formerly regarded as the pride or "feather in the golden hat of Marathas." The fort's primary purpose was to defend against enemy attacks, which mainly came from European colonialists and native chieftains.
A tunnel once joined the land and sea fort, but this is no longer the case. The sea fort is currently only accessible by boat from the Harnai port on the headland, and it is a protected historical site.
Harnai Beach: Harne beach is a beautiful beach located in the southern part of Dapoli. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Dapoli, and it is also trendy among locals. The place has many beautiful beaches and historic destinations nearby including Anjarle Beach, which is considered the most beautiful beach in Konkan.
The place has many historic forts that kids can explore, such as Kanakdurg, Goa Fort, Fattedurg Fort. Kids can learn about turtle conservation during their visit to Harni Beach too! Harne beach fish auction and Harne Port are very popular spots often visited by traders.
Karde Beach: Karde Beach is perfect for swimming, water sports, and sunset views are all popular on this sandy beach surrounded by tree-covered hills. The ideal beach for a perfect getaway. Ideal for a family beach day. A tropical paradise on the white sands of the shores of Dapoli. Chat with us for a custom tour plan for you.
Why spend hours at crowded beaches when you can spend your time at a quiet, secluded beach? Find a new place to enjoy the weekend with friends, family, and loved ones. Explore new areas. Go to Karde Beach to learn more.
Ladghar Beach is famous for swimming, water sports, and sunset views is popular. Forested hills flank this sandy beach. At this activity-focused beach, you may participate in various water activities that require a motorized vessel.
In summer, the mountains around the beach are an excellent place for buying Alphonso mango. Many locals set up shops by the road from April to May, and you can buy large quantities at very cheap rates.
Murud Beach: This hidden gem features a sunny beach atmosphere with vibrant local food vendors and access to a dolphin safari. A secluded black-sand beach with a laid-back ambiance and food shacks, and boat access to old fort ruins.
Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth: Doctor Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, previously Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, is a Maharashtra agricultural university located at Dapoli in the Ratnagiri district. It was founded on May 18, 1972, as Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth, and received its current name on February 12, 2001, in honour of Maharashtra's third Chief Minister, Shri. P. K. Sawant. Its Karjat research centre has generated various patented rice cultivars. Rice, horticulture, and fishery are its main focus areas.
Dapoli is a Coastal Hillstation and a City in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri district. It is 215 kilometers south of Mumbai, the state capital. Dapoli is also known as Camp Dapoli since it is where the British established their encampment. This village has the tombs of several high-ranking British commanders.
Dapoli Dolphin Safari: Murud beach is a picturesque beach, especially in the mornings. The boatmen are friendly, funny, and warm. Locals run dolphin safari early in the morning. You should go along with their warnings not to speak loudly so as not to scare away any potential sightings!
Panhalakaji Caves: The Panhalakaji Caves are located in Maharashtra's Ratnagiri district, around 160 kilometres south of Mumbai. There are around 30 Buddhist caves in this cave complex. In the third century AD, the Hinayana sect began excavating caverns, beginning with the stupa in Cave 5.
Gandharpale Caves, also known as Mahad Caves or Pandava Leni, are a complex of 30 Buddhist caves located 105 kilometers south of Mumbai, near Mahad, on the Mumbai-Goa Highway. The caverns are close to the NH-17 and have good road access. Cave 1 has a Verandah in front of it that is 53 feet long and 8 feet broad.
11. Anjarle Turtle festival 2023 dates?
The Anjarle Turtle Festival is an annual festival held in Anjarle, Dapoli, that celebrates the return of Olive Ridley sea turtles to their nesting grounds. In 2002, the festival was started by the Forest Department to promote conservation and tourism in this area. Anjarle Turtle Festival 2023 dates will be for the full month of April on all weekends.
12. Anjarle Turtle festival 2020 2021 dates?
The Turtle festival was canceled in 2020 and 2021 due to the Covid19 situation. Anjarle Turtle Festival is an annual event near Dapoli, Maharashtra, India. It has been held annually to promote the conservation of sea turtles and their habitats and attract wildlife enthusiasts worldwide.
13. Best time to visit the Anjarle beach turtle festival 2023 dates?
It is a community-based tourism festival that spreads awareness about turtle conservation, habitat protection, and agro-tourism. March and April weekends are the best time to visit the Anjarle Beach Turtle festival 2023.
Turtle festival is one of the major attractions of Dapoli, celebrated every year. It's a long celebration and attracts thousands of people to come and enjoy this event.
14. Why visit Dapoli Anjarle beaches?
The Anjarle beach is located in the Anjarle village of Ratnagiri district. The beach is called the jewel of Konkan, and it is a beautiful place surrounded by lush green hills and coconut trees.
It is a long stretch of white sand and calm, clear water. The tourists can enjoy seafood, swimming and many other activities at Anjarle beach.