Irshalgad Fort Blog
Irshalgad Fort Information
- Irshalgad Fort type Hill Fort
- Irshalgad Fort height 3700 feet
- Irshalgad Fort grade Difficult
- Irshalgad Base Village Irshalwadi
- Time to reach Irshalgad 1 hour from Irshalwadi village
- Accommodation Facility Not available
- Food Facility can be arranged from Irshalwadi.
- Drinking Water Facility Not available
About Irshalgad Fort
Irshalgad Fort is located in between Matheran and Panvel in Maharashtra. It is a sister fort to Prabalgad. The area of the fort is not large but there are several water cisterns cuts from the rock. There is a water tank on the route from Irshal Plateau to the peak. To reach the top of the pinnacle it is essential to have artificial rock climbing equipment. From the top you can see the forts of Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala and Manikgad.
How to reach to reach Irshalgad
- By Train nearest Railway Station Karjat then by private vehicle to Base village
- From Panvel S.T bus or private vehicle to Chowk phata
- By Road Distance from Mumbai 80 Km, Navi Mumbai 45 km, Pune 116 km.