Explore, ReEnergize, UnLearn, LEARN, Grow, Propel...
TreksandTrails was established in August 2012. We were one an unplanned trip just 3 passionate friends. In one of our discussion TreksandTrails was born. The methodology being commercial and a Social Initiative. A brand was born.
Our belief be a Responsible trekker
As trekkers ourselves, we believe in doing adventure activity yet be responsible. Even as participants one is responsible towards the environment, campsite, local villagers. Also to oneself. Hence, we try to ensure that there is local participation at our events. As this will encourage local people from participation and generate revenue for them. Ensuring that no disposing of plastic along the trek trail, forts that we visit. As a small plastic bag of around 20 microns would take up to 400 years to biodegrade. Definitely not everyone has that time. The idea being that we need be convinced that travelling responsibly is a culture here. If numbers are to be believed 2025 an estimated 1.5 billion people will be out of their homes experiencing other lands and cultures. This has to be a mass movement.
The basic funda being of “Leave No Trace – take only photographs” in all our trips and almost 100% of our leaders, share the same thoughts with our participants. The events as usually planned well in advance with proper preparation. If need be we do REKI (a dry run for unknown routes) to ensure participants safety, time required, etc.
Mountain manners is required: As a trekker one should not trouble people from the group also avoid disturbing the local villages and adivasis. We should not create a nuisance by shouting, playing loud music while in the outdoors.
Why TreksandTrails, India:
Established in Maharashtra group, with the founders and TrekLeader being outdoor adventure passionate themselves.
Events conducted with various group sizes such as 2 members to Mount Everest Base to 100 members to Mount Kalsubai in Maharashtra.
Various pricing range events happening. We also conduct free events. Social initiative events, cost sharing events, sponsored events. After all more the merrier.
One field the TrekLeader could split the group into small group to ensure efficiency and time utilization.
Waste disposal is one of the key focus area, be it a one day trek, overnight trek or camp conducted,
We also promote participants to leave what you find – take only memories. Such as archaeological Idols, unique stone carvings, wild flowers etc.
Upcoming Events This Week
- Trek to Kalsubai Peak Highest Peak of Maharashtra– 28th August 2016 Learn Morehttp://ow.ly/4tFZ303scEX
- Diksal Waterfall Rappelling - Bhivpuri - 28th August 2016 Learn More http://ow.ly/yrLT303se73
- Irshalgad Fort Trek – 28th August 2016 Sunday Learn More -http://ow.ly/eTMf303setI
- Trek to Lohagad Fort 27th August 2016 Learn More -http://ow.ly/a7VL303sfeZ
- Trek to Visapur Fort - 28th August 2016 Learn Morehttp://ow.ly/2dAx303sgdq
How to Receive our event updates and stay in touch.
- 1. Join our whatsapp broadcast list Mobile: 91 9619095743 send us your name and email id for newsletter and regular whatsapp updates please save the number as Treks and Trails India to receive whatsapp updates
2. Click Like and Subscribe to our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
4. Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
5. Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/TreksandTrailsIndia/
Facebook Page Likes
Free Medical Camps