About Visapur Fort Trek
The famous monsoon Sahyadri Fort is more massive than the twin fort Lohagad. Visapur Fort Lonavala at a higher altitude than Lohagad fort. Many caves, water tanks, old houses, arch, waterfalls, temples are on the Sahyadri Fort. There are two buildings which are roofless now, are government offices from the past. A stone-built home at Visapur Fort called Peshwas Wada popularly. Lord Hanuman carving seen at the Fort, there are many temples dedicated to him at the Fort. Visapur is an ideal trekking destination near Mumbai, Pune, Lonavala.
Visapur Fort Trek 2023
A Monsoon Trek to Visapur Fort India, the best place to spend a rainy evening right! Visit Visapur India for a walk with your partner or enjoy with friends. Visapur Fort also called Visapur Fort is a hill fort near Visapur village in Maharashtra, India. It is a part of the Lohagad Visapur fortification.
Perched on a lush green plateau, Visapur Killa is a favorite spot for adventure enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. The trek is filled with a mix of boulders and steps leading up to the fort. The historical significance of Visapur Fort is intriguing, adding depth to the journey. Standing at an impressive height of 3567 feet, reaching the fort requires a medium difficulty trek, and it is recommended to carry water from the base village as portable water is not available on the fort.
Visapur Fort can be combined with other nearby attractions such as Bhaja caves, Karla caves, Lohagad Fort, and Bedse Caves, enhancing the overall experience. During the monsoon season, it stands out as one of the best treks near Mumbai, offering picturesque landscapes and a refreshing ambiance.
For sustenance during the trek, visitors can order food from the local villagers and savor the delicacies amidst the scenic surroundings. Whether you are an adventure enthusiast or a history buff, the Visapur Fort Trek promises an unforgettable journey into the heart of nature and history.
Located in Maharashtra near Pune district, the trek to Killa is one of the best treks to do in Monsoon.
Visapur Trek Event details:
- Visapur Trek difficulty level: easy to Medium
- Visapur Fort Height: 3556 feet, approx.
- Base village for Visapur Fort Trek: Malavli
- Visapur Fort Trek Region: Lonavala
- Visapur Fort Trek photos: available in the photo gallery.
- Trekker Fitness and Endurance: Medium and BMI under 30
- Total time required for climbing Visapur Fort: 2-3 hours
- Visapur Trek's nearest railway station is Lonavala.
- Duration: 1 day
- Trek Type: Fort Trail
- Distance from Mumbai to Visapur: 100 km approx.
- Distance from Pune to Visapur: 65 km, approx.
- Option 1 - By Train (Lonavala to Lonavala): Rs. 999/- per person
- Option 2 - By Bus (Mumbai to Mumbai): Rs. 1449/- per person
Receive a trekking E-certificate on completion of the Visapur Fort Trek
Visapur Trek Upcoming Batches
October: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Trek to Visapur Event Itinerary
Option 1 - By Train
Train timings for Mumbai participants
- 05:40 am - CSMT
- 05:51 am - Dadar
- 06:14 am - Thane
- 06:33 am - Kalyan
- 07:58 am - Lonavala
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
- 06:30 am - Pune
- 06:34 am - Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 am - Lonavala
08:00 am - Meet at Lonavala station and move towards Visapur fort by jeep.
09:00 am - Reach at base and breakfast.
09:30 am - Start ascending Visapur Fort.
11:30 am - Reach at Visapur top and explore.
12:30 pm - Start descending.
02:30 pm - Reach at base village and lunch.
03:30 pm - Move to Lonavala Station by jeep.
04:30 pm - Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Lonavala station.
Option 2 - By Bus from Mumbai
- 05:00 am - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate. (https://goo.gl/maps/65qVB7H4swdFjjWs6)
- 05:10 am - Leave for the trek.
- 05:20 am – Pick up at Virwani Bus Stop, Goregaon. (https://goo.gl/maps/youofNYahBSwqsms8)
- 05:30 am - Pick up at Gundavali Bus Stop, Andheri East. (https://goo.gl/maps/gorbeX9fencdiqfh8)
- 05:40 am - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop, Bandra. (https://goo.gl/maps/CAsqYFeK8aTRBk9B7)
- 05:45 am - Pick up at Sion station circle. (https://goo.gl/maps/96zHLvMh8k2X2bWU9)
- 06:00 am - Pick up at Diamond Garden, Chembur. (https://goo.gl/maps/y2rbSdA3VyMhoudC7)
- 06:25 am - Pick up at Vashi Plaza. (https://goo.gl/maps/uY6ZEs9hyiviHfKQ9)
- 06:55 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli. (https://goo.gl/maps/EJksuJiNC8uVFaoM7)
08:45 am - Reach at Lonavala and move towards base village by local jeep.
09:15 am - Reach at base village and have breakfast.
10:00 am - Start ascending.
12:00 am - Reach the top and explore.
01:00 pm - Start descending.
03:00 pm - Reach base village and have Lunch.
04:00 pm - Start return journey towards Lonavala by local jeep.
04:30 pm - Reach at Lonavala and proceed to Mumbai by private vehicle.
10:00 pm - Approx. arrival at Mumbai.
How to book?
- Click on the "BOOK NOW" button.
- Select your departure date and click on pay and book button.
- Select your ticket type and quantity. (If you have a coupon code, apply at this stage)
- Fill out your personal details and proceed with reviews & payment.
- Select your payment type (UPI, Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking) and proceed.
- Once your tickets are booked, you will receive confirmation via email. (Please provide valid email id)
- A WhatsApp group link will be sent to your WhatsApp number 8 hours prior to the departure. (Please provide WhatsApp number while booking)
- Event Details and Trek Leaders details will be shared on that WhatsApp group only.
Places of Interest
- A couple of water tanks of the forts still have water even in early summer.
- Remains of an old Mahadev Shrine
- There is also a vast horse-driven flour mill with the grinding stone still in place.
- Bedse cave is a 2-hour 30-minute walk from the base village.
- Temple dedicated to Hanuman is also located on this fort.
- One can also find a beautiful chiselled image of Maruti out of the rock.
- A couple of isolated caves.
- Some old house ruins.
- A well which local legend says was built by the Pandavas
- As we wander, you may even spot a few scattered cannons and numerous water cisterns.
- Famous for the waterfall steps during the monsoon season.
Best Time to Visit
Located atop a hill, Visapur Fort can be visited anytime during a year as its region remains fresh and pleasant throughout the year. However, during the monsoon season, the tracks become slippery and dangerous; therefore, you need to be careful while trekking up the Visapur Hill to reach the fort. If you are looking to explore Visapur Fort only when its beauty is at its summit, then the best time to visit is from October until the end of February. During the rainy season, it filled with dense fog and continuous rains visibility is poor and exploring the fort can be challenging.
How to Reach Visapur Fort Trek
By Rail: The best way to reach Visapur fort by rail is to catch a direct train to Lonavala railway station, which is well connected to nearby cities and towns. From Railway station, you can hire a cab to the fort, which is situated at a distance of around 15 km. By Road: The base of the fort is well connected to other cities and towns by road. Hence, you can drive on your own directly to Visapur Fort.
You can also get down at Malavli Railway Station and walk till Bhaja Caves. You can take the Bhaja Caves route or the Lohagadwadi Waterfall route from here. Both these routes are fun during the rainy season.
By Road: The base of the fort is well connected to other cities and towns by road. Hence, you can drive on your own directly to Visapur Fort.
Why choose Treks and Trails for Visapur Fort Trek?
- We were preferred by over 20000 trekkers last year with a 4.7 review rating of 5.
- We equip one trek leader for every ten trekkers.
- Female trek leader on each trek
- Provide an E-certificate on successful completion of the trek. Valid for a lifetime with 99.9 percent availability online.
- E-certificate is tamper-proof and shareable on social media and leading networking websites.
- The roadmap includes adventure insurance for every trekker and trek leader for all our treks.
- We self-operate our treks
- Group discounts available
Visapur Fort Trek Safety Advisory
- Visapur Fort Trek distance is two to three hours from Malvali Village
- Trekkers with reasonable fitness levels should join
- Please wear proper trekking shoes, as the route is slippery
- Swimming is not allowed in the Dam or Waterfall
- Stream crossing, please follow trek leader instructions
- Stay visible trekkers are not allowed to go out of sight of Trek guides
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Monsoon Trek to Visapur, no refund will be provided.
- If you wrongly booked for different date or batch. And you want to change date within 3 days of departure, then transfer charges will be applied which will be Rs. 200/- per person.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Lonavala to Visapur base and back to Lonavala transport by local jeep (in both options)
- Mumbai to Mumbai travel by private Ac vehicle (By Bus option)
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till Lonavala and back
- Entry fee for foreign nationals
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Mask and sanitizer
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Cancellation Policy and Charges
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
- Refunds won't be issued if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns or a personal medical emergency.
- Your booking cannot be shifted to another date if you cannot attend the event due to heavy rains, floods, traffic jams, car breakdowns, or a personal medical emergency.
- If your area is prone to flooding, traveling from a flooded area, heavy traffic, heavy rains, missing the train, or any other reason, if you cannot attend the event, we won't issue a refund or shift you to another date.
- Management won't be held responsible if you are stuck due to heavy rains, traffic jams, personal emergencies or floods during the event.
- If you are bringing kids, please understand the possibility of getting stuck or delayed. You might have to stay back due to heavy rains, floods, bus breakdowns, and rush at the trekking destination. We won't be able to refund or shift you to another date. You will have to wait it out till the weather clears.
- Due to bad weather, floods, sudden changes in government rules, and overcrowding at the destination trek, the organizer has the right to change the trekking destination.
- During the trek , due to any circumstances seen or unseen trek leader has the right to cancel the trek for safety reason. No refund shall be issued.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Visapur Fort Height is about 3567 feet. Distance from Pune to Visapur Fort base is 65 km approx & driving time is 90 mins. Whereas Distance from Mumbai to Visapur Fort base is 105 km approx and driving time is 2 hr 30 mins. Trek difficulty is Medium to reach the fort, and it is a one day trek. Water availability portable water not available on the fort. You need to carry water from the base village. Visapur Fort can be a combined trek with Bhaja caves, Karla caves, Lohagad Fort and Bedse Caves. During monsoon, it is one of the best treks near Mumbai. For Food purpose you need to place an order with the local villager and return to enjoy the delicacy.
1. Can we drive till Malavli? Pune to Lohagad Visapur Distance?
- Yes, you can drive till base village, please use google maps for navigation.
- Note roads from Malavli till Base village Lohagadwadi is in very bad condition and you would need SUV as the incline is too steep.
- Distance is around 71 kilometers to Lohagadwadi.
2. Distance Visapur Fort from Mumbai to Malavali?
- Two and a half hours drive from Mumbai 100 km approx.
3. Distance Visapur Fort from Pune to Malavali? Pune to Visapur fort Distance?
- Two hours drive from Pune - 65 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
- One day is required for the event.
- You can plan the Saturday Visapur trek route and follow by Sunday the Lohagad trek route.
- Visapur Fort Night stay is banned by the Archeological Survey of India and the local Forest and Police department.
5. Is there food available on Visapur fort Pune?
- No. Food is available at base village.
- On weekends locals sell snacks on this Sahyadri Fort.
- During our event, your meals are managed by Treks and Trails India.
6. How much time required to climb the Visapur fort trek route?
- Two to three hours from the Malvali Village.
- We will take a trek route near Lohagadwadi it takes one hour to reach Visapur Shikhar from this trek route.
- Visapur Fort in Rainy Season is slippery please wear shoes with a good sole grip. You will be trekking at Visapur Fort Waterfall.
- We will be taking the Visapur waterfall route to summit the fort.
- Visapur Fort Trek Difficulty Level easy to medium grade
7. Where can we park our cars, Visapur Fort Trekking?
- Bhaje village parking base village at your own risk.
- Parking fee payable to local people at
8. Is there any parking charge?
- Yes, payable to local people.
9. Are toilets available on Visapur Fort in Monsoon?
- Not available on the Fort
- During the trek, toilets are not available.
- The restaurant for breakfast and Lunch has toilets and a changing room.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
- We have 60 - 40 % or more Male
- Female ratios on our events.
- Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
- Visapur Lohagarh Fort Pune are safe treks for solo female trekkers
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
- Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
- Please call us before making a booking
12. What type of food will be provided?
- Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
- Jain food is available kindly inform us at the time of booking in comments.
13. Phone Connectivity?
- Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular services.
- Visapur Sahyadri Fort summit good phone connectivity is available.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
- Cash payment is not accepted.
- Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
- On the spot payment not accepted.
- We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
- Normal well water shall be provided
- Please carry reusable water bottles you can refill them at the restaurant.
16. Can I charge my phone?
- No electricity or charging station available
- Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the Visapur Fort weather?
- 18 degrees to 26 degrees Visapur Fort Malavli, Maharashtra weather during monsoon, Thunderstorms, Foggy, Low visibility, 90 to 100 percent precip, 90 to 100 percent humidity.
- Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
- Summer Temperature Night 20C - Day 39°C approx.
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
- NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speakers or earphones or headphones?
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay, jeep ride.
- You should enjoy the sounds of nature during the trek
- Trek Leaders constantly communicate with trekkers you will vital communications.
20. How do I make payment for Visapur trek from Pune?
- You can pay online on our website click on the book now button.
- In case your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whatsapp us 8828004949
21. Visapur fort Camping?
- Camping is not allowed on the Visapur Pune.
- Stay and Camping options are available at the base villages around the fort please contact us for camping and trekking arrangements. To register for Visapur Fort near Pune events please call us 8828004949. Visapur adventure camping can be arranged near the fort it can be combined with Lohgad fort trekking. It is available post-monsoon season during winter and summer months only.
22. Hotels near Visapur Fort Maharashtra? Stay near visapur fort?
- There are many options available for a stay like Tikona Camping, Lohagad wadi camping, visapur lohagad adventure camping, pawna lake camping, Lonavala hilltop camping, Rajmachi camping, and homestay.
- Lonavala has many bungalows and hotels available from one star to five stars depending on your budget. We can help you manage your stay please contact us at 8828004949.
23. How can I go to Lonavala from Visapur fort from Pune?
- By car, you drive down straight for Malavali and turn towards to Bhaje village. You can park your car here and trek starts from the parking area.
- By Bus, Take an Asiad or ST bus from Swargate at Pune and get down at the Malavali bus stop.
- Use a share auto costing Rs 40 per person or walk the 2.5 km down.
- Local train: Take the local train to Lonavala, which runs every hour
Lonavala to visapur fort locals jeeps are available.
There are three trekking routes for Visapur Fort one from Gaimukh Khind, Patan Village, Bhaja Caves depending on your choice you can proceed further from Malvali
Treks and Trails India is the leading trekking group in Pune for Self-operated treks.
24. How can I go to the Visapur fort monsoon? How to reach the Visapur fort from Mumbai?
By Rail: The best way to reach the Visapur fort by rail is to catch a direct train to the Lonavala railway station, which is well connected to nearby cities and towns. From the station, hire a cab, Visapur fort distance from Lonavala 15 km. Visapur fort distance from Pune is 70 km by road. Visapur fort distance from Mumbai 80 km.
25. Fort in Lonavala Visapur Fort images?
Kindly click on the banner image to load the Visapur Fort photos. Visapur trek blog
26. Best time to visit Visapur Fort?
Visapur Fort in Summer will be hot for trekking as there is very little tree cover on the fort. Night treks are not allowed at Visapur Fort. Monsoon and Winter season will be the best time to visit Visapur fort. Lohagad Visapur trek Pune can be completed in one day if you are a fast trekker. Lohghad fort to Visapur fort trek is popular among range trekkers.
27. Visapur Fort History
Visapur Fort established between 1713 - 1720 CE by Balaji Vishwanath the first Peshwa of the Maratha Empire. Visapur Killa constructed after Lohagad Fort though the history of the Lohgad Visapur are connected. In the year 1818, The English made proper arrangements to capture Lohagad Pune where the famed treasury of the Maratha Kingdown kept. The British East India Company was looking to reduce the Peshwa Forts in Maharashtra. The English sent 380 European soldiers and 800 local soldiers and a famous battering train called from Konkan. The English added more artillery from Chakan and two more British Battalions, Visapur Fort was overwhelmed and conquered by 4 March 1818.
Making use of its higher elevation and proximity to Lohagad, the British troops set up their cannons on Visapur and bombarded Lohagad, forcing the Marathas to flee. Visapur Fort is at a Higher elevation than Lohagad fort. In the year 1818 Visapur Lohagad Twin forts went under the command of Colonel Prother. Considering the vital location fo Visapur, the Deccan gateway and North Konkan gateways were destroyed by the British. Most of the principal buildings blown up on the fort. Lohgad Fort Pune is still intact after the surrender. Lohagarh Fort Maharashtra is a fine example for Maratha architecture the gates of the forts are good condition and have detailed carvings.
28. Visapur Fort Night trek?
Trekkers are not allowed to visit the fort at night, camping is also banned on the fort. The local forest department and ASI have placed heavy fines and punishment.
29. Best time to visit the Fort?
Visapur Monsoon Trek is the best time to visit the fort. The route leads through a waterfall and there are many small waterfalls at the plateau. The famous images of Visapur are clicked on the rock-cut steps with water overflowing them. During the winter season, you can see the fort in detail as there is no fog covering the mountain. Summer months it will be difficult as there is very little tree cover on top of the fort.
30. Visapur fort how to reach?
You will meet our trek leader at Lonavala Railway station from here we will move towards our restaurant in a private jeep. After finishing breakfast we will start the trek from the restaurant. The trek route is medium difficulty and short there will be crowds on the weekend. After we finish the trek we will descend to the restaurant located near the start point of the trek. After Lunch and changing into dry clothes we will move to Lonavala railway station by our private jeeps. Incase jeeps are late due to heavy traffic or bad weather participant are requested to cooperate with trek leaders.
31. Visapur waterfall trek
There are many waterfalls on the fort, We will take the waterfall trail it takes 45 minutes to climb through this route till the gate of the fort. After walking a little ahead we will visit the most famous rock-cut steps and Visapur Waterfall on the fort. A huge Lord Hanuman Carving and cave is available next to the waterfall. Visapur Maharashtra India is famous for foggy trails, waterfall, and mountain covered in the cloud.
32. Visapur Trek Route
There are three Visapur trek routes to the top of the fort one from Patan Village, another from Bhaja Caves, and the third one from Gaimukh Khind. Patan Village route is not popular among trekkers and can be difficult to trace. Bhaja caves route to Visapur fort is the second most popular route. Gaimukh Khind which starts near Lohagadwadi is the most popular trek route it is also called the waterfall trek. This route was destroyed by the British now during monsoon season a waterfall flows through the trekking route.
33. Visapur trek in monsoon
The Fort comes to life during the monsoon season. Many waterfall start flowing again, the cool refreshing monsoon breeze takes over the region. You can smell the wet soil and hear the chirping of birds around you. With the Monsoon arrival, trekkers also return to the Fort in large numbers. Supplementing the income of locals who depend on seasonal tourism. You can see many forts from the plateau Lohagad trekking, Korigad Fort, Mumbai Pune Expressway, Tikona Fort, Pawna Lake, Tung Fort are visible from the fort. Monsoon is the best time for treks near Lonavala. Many villagers live near the start point of the trek they provide changing rooms and food with locals setting up small stalls on the fort selling sweet corn, Maggi, tea. Malavli waterfall is a popular destination near Bhaja caves among trekkers during the rainy season trek.
34. Visapur Trek from Mumbai
We help corporate, large groups, colleges, schools arrange the trek from Mumbai. We have plans available from Mumbai and Pune. Our open plans are available on the website for everyone to register. Please call us for any questions or quotations.
35. Hotels near Visapur fort Lonavala? Resorts near Visapur fort?
Lonavala has a huge collection of hotels and resorts available for all budgets here is our list.
- Fariyas Resort Lonavala 5 star property
- Hotel Chandralok
- Upperdeck Resort
- The Machan
- Basilica Holiday Home
- Cloud 9 Hills Resort
- Club Mahindra Tungi Resort
- Amanzi Resort
- Le Farm Luxury Farmstay
- Pawna Lake Camping
36.Places near Visapur fort?
There are many exciting places to spend your weekend near the Visapur Fort you can visit The Patan Caves, Bedse Caves, Karla Caves, Bhaja Caves. You can enjoy camping at Pawna Lake. There is Pawna Lake Paragliding, Kamshet Paragliding available. You can combine your trek with Lohagad Fort Trek, Rajmachi Fort Trek, Tung Fort Trek, Tikona Fort Trek, Korigad Fort Trek some of the popular Fort in Maharashtra. There beautiful waterfalls like Kataldhar Waterfall, Malavali Waterfall, Bhaja Waterfall, Lohagad waterfall, Dudhiware Waterfall, Kune Waterfall.
37. How to reach Visapur fort?
Trekking at Lonavala has become the goto activity among the youth of Maharashtra. We have mentioned the train timings from Pune and Mumbai to reach Lonavala for the Fort Trek. From Lonavala, we will start our journey in our private jeeps till the base village. Our trek leader will guide you from Lonavala. After the trek is complete we will drop you back to Lonavala station with Happy memories.
38. How to reach Visapur fort from Mumbai?
Incase planning to go on this trek by yourself please read the complete Visapur trek blog. You can also follow the itinerary above and manage the trek from Malavli Station. Where is Visapur fort we get this question a lot it is located at Malavli near Bhaja Caves? How to reach Visapur fort from Pune same please follow our itinerary in case you are attempting by yourself our blog will help you plan it.
39. How to trek with kids during a trek?
Trekking with kids can be a fantastic family adventure! Here are some tips to make it a great experience: Choose trails suitable for their age and abilities. Pack plenty of snacks, water, and their favorite treats to keep their energy up. Encourage them to explore and appreciate nature along the way. Take regular breaks for rest and games. Ensure they have comfortable shoes and dress in layers for the changing weather. Embrace the adventure together and create lasting memories. Have fun!
40. Which trek do you recommend for kids around Mumbai?
For kid-friendly treks near Mumbai, there are several options to choose from. Sondai, Karnala, and Lohagad offer scenic trails with moderate difficulty suitable for children. Prabalmachi, Matheran, and Korigad provide a mix of nature and historical exploration. Jambulmal and One Tree Hill are ideal for shorter treks with beautiful views. Dodhani Village in Matheran is another excellent choice for a family-friendly trek. Each of these destinations offers a unique experience and a chance for kids to connect with nature while enjoying the outdoors.
Kids trek near Mumbai - click here
41. Is it safe to go on a trek during monsoon in Maharashtra?
Trekking in Maharashtra during the monsoon season can be safe if proper precautions are taken. It is critical to choose well-maintained trails, listen to experienced guides, and stay up to date on weather conditions. Avoid going into unsafe regions or attempting dangerous river crossings. Always prioritise safety and be ready for slippery terrain and unpredictable weather.
42. How to protect your gadgets in monsoon trek
To protect your gadgets during a monsoon trek, take essential precautions. Invest in waterproof covers or cases for your gadgets and use a dry bag or waterproof pouch to store them when not in use. Ziplock bags can provide additional protection. Place silica gel packs in your bags to absorb moisture. Use umbrellas or rain covers to shield your gadgets from rain. Avoid submerging them in water and consider backing up your data regularly. Carry power banks or extra batteries for backup power. Being cautious will help ensure the safety of your gadgets in wet conditions.
43. What should I pack for a monsoon trek in Maharashtra?
Pack essential items such as a waterproof backpack, rainproof jacket, quick-drying clothing, extra pairs of socks, trekking shoes with good grip, insect repellent, a waterproof cover for electronic devices, and a first aid kit. Carry enough water and energy snacks as well.
44. Are leeches a problem during monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Yes, leeches can be encountered during monsoon treks in Maharashtra, especially in forested areas. To protect yourself, wear long socks, tuck your pants into your socks, and apply insect repellent on your legs. Carry a salt or lime solution to detach leeches if they attach to your skin.
45. What are some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra?
Some popular monsoon treks in Maharashtra include Harishchandragad, Rajmachi, Andharban, Kalsubai, Bhimashankar, Tikona Fort, Torna Fort, Ratangad, Naneghat, and Visapur Fort. These treks offer scenic beauty and a unique experience during the monsoon season.
In case your question is not listed above, you can email us at email@example.com
Whatsapp 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday, 11.30 am to 7.00 pm only )