Ulhas Valley Waterfall Trek - Canyon Valley Trek
Trek Location Khandala
Height - 2065 feet
Type - Waterfall and Valley
Grade - Medium Plus
Climbing time 2 hrs 30 minutes
Ulhas valley in monsoon is surrounded by a number of waterfalls on the green hills. This is a popular destination for people in Mumbai and Pune. We will be descending the valley to reach and drench in the wonderful waterfall which is a source of Ulhas River. Then with the satisfied soul, we will climb through many streams and waterfalls. This is how it is exactly opposite of any other trek where we first climb and then descend.
There are 10-12 rock patches to ascend and descend. At some places you will surely experience the rush of adrenaline in your body. It's all fun and water everywhere, right from the beginning, the source of Ulhas River till you finish, where the huge, inviting waterfall awaits you. Ulhas Valley Trek is also known as Canyon Valley Trek.
Event Itinerary - Canyon Valley Trek
Please board the Deccan Express train on as below:
Deccan Express Train Timings
- Mumbai CST - 07.00 am
- Dadar - 07.13 am
- Thane - 07.33 am
- Kalyan Junction - 07.58 am
- Khandala - 9.30 am
Event Details - Ulhas Valley Trek
10:00 am - Breakfast at Khandala, Introduction with fellow trekkers
10:30 am - Start the Trek
12:30 pm - Reach the Ulhas Valley waterfall
16:30 pm - Ascend back and reach to the starting point
17.00 pm - Depart for Destination
Please Note - One has to carry their own lunch for the day & return train tickets to Khandala.
Travel back to Mumbai by taking DECCAN EXPRESS @ 16:45 or KOYNA EXPRESS @ 17.25
Reach Mumbai by 20:30 hrs (tentative)
- Haversack to put in all the things to be carried. So that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Lunch for the Day (Compulsory)
- At least 1 set of spare clothes with a towel and napkin.
- At least 2 litres of water (Compulsory)
- Windcheater, extra plastic bags to keep your wet clothes.
- Optional: Camera & something to munch on.
- Personal medicines if any.
- Wrap everything in a plastic bag to protect from rains.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry (at own risk).
- Slippers or floaters (just to relax your feet before & after the trek)
- Return train tickets up to Khandala