New Year Kothaligad Fort Trek
Kothaligad is more commonly known as the fort of Peth because the village of Peth is situated at its base. The pinnacle of the Peth can be seen from the village. On reaching the top of the fort, we see caves carved in huge rocks. Along the Bhairoba cave, steps are carved leading the pinnacle. Small water tanks and some cannon balls are scattered on the fort. The first one is the cave of Goddess, besides which is a water cistern and the last one is the specious Bhairoba cave. A flat floor and well-sculpted pillars are the specialty of the cave.
Kothaligad night trek event details
- Kothaligad Peth night trek difficulty level: Medium.
- Base village for Kothaligad (Peth): Peth village/Ambivali village.
- Region: Karjat.
- Total time required for climbing Kothaligad (Peth) Fort: Maximum 2.5 hrs from Ambivali.
- Duration: 1 Day.
- Kothaligad trek height: 3100 ft. (approx.).
New Year Kothaligad Fort night trek itinerary
Catch Karjat fast local from CST.
CST – Karjat fast local time table.
- 21:26 - CST.
- 21:33 - Byculla.
- 21:40 - Dadar.
- 21:47 - Kurla.
- 21:51 - Ghatkopar.
- 22:03 - Mulund.
- 22:07 - Thane.
- 22:20 - Dombivali.
- 22:20 - Kalyan.
- 23:19- Karjat.
23.30 – Meeting at Karjat railway station.
23:45 – Journey towards Ambivali by local tumtum.
- 01:15 – Reach Ambivali.
- 01:30 – Start ascending.
- 04:30 – Reach on top and rest till sunrise.
- 06:00 – View sunrise and explore the fort.
- 07:00 – Start descending.
- 08:00 - Reach Peth Village.
- 08:30 - Breakfast.
- 09:30 - Descend continue to Ambivali.
- 10:30 - Reach Ambivali.
- 10:45 – Journey towards Karjat by local tumtum.
- 12:30 - Reach Karjat station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kothaligad (Peth) Night Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local Jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Karjat and back
- Travel from Pune to Karjat and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra batter
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.