New Year Night Trek Kalsubai Peak
Kalsubai Peak Trek with a height of 1646 meters or 5400 Feet is famous as the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under the Kalsubai Harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. Climbing the Kalsubai Peak under the stars and moonlight adds to the thrilling experience of night trek.
Details of New Year Kalsubai Night Trek
- Kalsubai trek difficulty level: Medium
- Kalsubai trek endurance level: High
- Base village Kalsubai trek: Bari
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Peak: 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Kalsubai peak height: 5400 feet (1646 meters)
- Cost: Rs. 899/- per person
New Year Itinerary of Kalsubai Night Trek
Day zero: 31st December
For Mumbai people
Please board the below train and meet us at Kasara Railway Station near the ticket counter
- 19:18 CSMT
- 19:25 Byculla
- 19:31 Dadar
- 19:38 Kurla
- 19:42 Ghatkopar
- 19:58 Thane
- 20:11 Dombivali
- 20:21 Kalyan
- 21:32 Kasara
For Pune, people train options
Reach Kalyan by below train. From Kalyan catch above Kasara local train.
1. Train name Koyna Express and Train Number 11030
- 15:40 Pune
- 18:47 Kalyan
2. Train name Udyan Express and Train Number 11302
- 15:55 Pune
- 18:52 Kalyan
21:45 Assemble at Kasara Railway Station near the ticket counter and move towards Bari Village by Local Jeep.
Dinner on the way (on your own). Dinner is not included in the trek fee
23:45 Reach at Bari village.
Get ready for the new year's journey with Maharashtra's highest peak.
Day 1: 01st January, Tuesday
00:30 Start ascending.
04:30 Reach the top and rest.
05:30 Wake up and freshen up.
Explore peak after witnessing a new year's first sunrise from Maharashtra's highest peak.
07:30 Post Breakfast, Start to descend towards base village.
11:30 Reach base village.
13:00 Proceed towards the Kasara railway station.
15:30 Reach Kasara railway station and disperse.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Kalsubai Trek, no refund will be provided.
- No drinking of alcohol or smoking or chewing tobacco is allowed on our events.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
- Travel Kasara to Kasara by Local Jeep
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Kasara and back.
- Travel from Pune to Kasara and back.
- Dinner on day 1
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sleeping material
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Bari Village Kalsubai Maharashtra?
2. Kalsubai Map - Drive Through Map ?
Please refer google maps or google earth
3. Distance from Mumbai Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra ?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 155 km approx
4. Distance from Pune Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra ?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx
5. Number of days required for this event?
One day and One Night
6. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
7. Is there any parking charge?
8. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags
9. Are Toilet Available on Kalsubai Mountain?
Not available During the trek toilets are not available
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode
10. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events ?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
11. Are Kids allowed on treks ?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided ?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available
13. Phone Connectivity ?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
14. Where will we stay ?
No Homestay is required for this event
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted ?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must
16. Will I get bottled water ?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone ?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now ?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on an immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker ?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
21. How do i make payment ?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
22. Kalsubai hotels - Kalsubai Homestay ?
Local villagers offer dormitory homestay
List of Hotels Kalsubai:
- MTDC Bhandardara
- Anandvan Resort
- Yash Resort
- Hotel Samadhan
In case your question is not listed above you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org