Night Trek Kalsubai Peak
Kalsubai Peak Trek with the height of 1646 meters or 5400 Feet is famous as the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai Mountain lies in the Sahyadri mountain range falling under kalsubai harishchandragad wildlife sanctuary. Kalsubai Height being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Bhandardara Dam and Kalsubai Peak is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. Climbing the Kalsubai Peak under the stars and moonlight add to the thrilling experience of night trek.
New Year Details of Kalsubai Night Trek
- Kalsubai trek difficulty level: Medium
- Kalsubai trek endurance level: High
- Base village Kalsubai trek: Bari
- Region: Igatpuri / Bhandardara
- Total time required for climbing Kalsubai Peak: 4 hours one way
- Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
- Kalsubai peak height: 5400 feet (1646 meters)
- Cost: Rs 1300
New Year Itinerary of Kalsubai Night Trek
Please board the below train and meet us at Kasara Railway Station near ticket counter
- 16:52 CSMT
- 16:59 Byculla
- 17:06 Dadar
- 17:13 Kurla
- 17:17 Ghatkopar
- 17:32 Thane
- 17:56 Dombivali
- 18:08 Kalyan
- 19:18 Kasara
Day 0: 31st December, Monday
19:18 Assemble at Kasara Railway Station near ticket counter.
19:20 Travel from Kasara Railway Station to Bari Village by Local Jeep.
21:30 Reach at Bari village, enjoy dinner.
23:30 Start the night trek to Kalsubai peak under twinkling stars.
Day 1: 01st January, Tuesday
03:30 Reach the top and rest.
05:30 Wake up and freshen up.
Explore peak after witnessing a new year's first sunrise from Maharashtra's highest peak.
07:30 Post Breakfast, Start descend towards base village.
11:00 Reach base village.
12:30 Proceed towards Kasara railway station.
14:30 Reach Kasara railway station and disperse.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg Dinner, 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel Kasara to Kasara by Local Jeep.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Kasara and back.
- Travel from Pune to Kasara and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
- ID Card
- 2 ltrs water
- Camera (Optional)
- Sleeping Bag or proper bedding
- Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
- Snacks & Biscuits
- Extra Pair of Clothes
- Clean napkin or small towel
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
- Please carry medicines if you need any
- Hand Sanitizer
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can we drive till Bari Village Kalsubai Maharashtra?
2. Kalsubai Map - Drive Through Map ?
Please refer google maps or google earth
3. Distance from Mumbai Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra ?
Four hours drive from Mumbai - 155 km approx
4. Distance from Pune Kalsubai - highest peak in Maharashtra ?
Five hours drive from Mumbai - 180 km approx
5. Number of days required for this event?
One day and One Night
6. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk
7. Is there any parking charge?
8. Do you provide sleeping bags?
Sleeping bag NO - For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags
9. Are Toilet Available on Kalsubai Mountain?
Not available During the trek toilets are not available
Provision for toilet tents will be made at Villagers House - eastern style commode
10. Do Single Travellers Female signup for these events ?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events
Many Single Travelling Female join our events
11. Are Kids allowed on treks ?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only
12. What type of food will be provided ?
Food preference only Veg local home cooked is available
13. Phone Connectivity ?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular services
14. Where will we stay ?
No Homestay is required for this event
15. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted ?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Getaway on the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must
16. Will I get bottled water ?
Normal well water shall be provided
17. Can I charge my phone ?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required
18. How is the weather now ?
Summer Temperature Night 17- Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
19. Can we smoke or drink alcohol ?
People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on an immediate basis.
20. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker ?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay
21. How do i make payment ?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
22. Kalsubai hotels - Kalsubai Homestay ?
Local villagers offer dormitory homestay
List of Hotels Kalsubai:
- MTDC Bhandardara
- Anandvan Resort
- Yash Resort
- Hotel Samadhan
In case your question is not listed above you can email us: email@example.com