Leh Ladakh Road Trip (Srinagar to Leh)
Getting into Ladakh isn’t easy; mighty snowed-in passes, unforgiving rivers, landslides and long distances made it difficult to foray into the valleys. It has become a lot simpler since the opening up of the Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport for civilian aircrafts. But the feeling of making your way into Ladakh through its treacherous yet rewarding roads is unparalleled. The changing landscape after every few kilometres never lets you doze off and fills you with awe.
Srinagar To Ladakh Trip Details
- Kargil (1N)
- Leh (2N)
- Nubra (1N)
- Pangong (1N)
- Leh (1N)
- Leh | Spituk
- Shankar Gompa
- Khardung La
- Nubra Valley
- Pangong Lake
Srinagar To Ladakh Tour Itinerary
Day 01: Srinagar – Sonmarg - Kargil (205 kms / 6-7 hrs Drive)
Morning on arrival at Srinagar Airport drive to Kargil. The road passes through the panoramic village to reach Sonmarg (2740 meters) After Sonmarg the road is mostly rough and wet to Zojila pass 3527 meters (Gateway of Ladakh). Continue drive towards Drass (The second coldest Inhibited place in the World) where we stop for tea and passport check. Visit War memorial hall & Museum. Another 2.5 hours drive will take us to Kargil (2710 meters) which has got its importance after opening of Ladakh for tourists in 1974. reach Kargil Stay overnight in Kargil.
Day 02: Kargil – Leh (235 kms / 6-7 hrs Drive)
Morning after breakfast drive to Leh. Today we have to move up three passes this day will be tiresome but panoramic too. The first Buddhist village will be Mulbek a giant Buddha Sculpture on Rock Mountain. We have to cross the highest pass (Fotula 13749ft) on Srinagar Leh route. Continue drive to next village Nimu a view of the confluence of Zanskar River & Indus River enroute visit Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara. Finally, we reach Leh 3500 meters. Stay overnight in Leh.
Day 03 : Leh Local Sightseeing (105 Km / 5-6 Hrs)
After breakfast drive to Sidhu Darshanand about 7 kms from Leh on the bank of the Historical Indus River. Later proceed to visit Shey Place, The ancient capital of Ladakh and Thiksay Monastery located on top of a hill; the Monastery is an excellent example of Ladakhi architecture. This contains several Stupas, Statues, Thangkas, Wall Paintings and a large pillar depicting Buddha's teachings. Later continue to drive to visit Hemis Monastery, which was built in 1630, the largest monastic foundation of Drukpa Kagyu Order of Tibetan Buddhism and It houses some beautiful Wall Paintings, Thangka and several other historic objects. Later visit Stok Palace Museum . Return to Leh in the evening visit Shanti Stupa, Leh palace & Market. Stay overnight in Leh.
Day 04 : Leh to Nubra Valley
After breakfast, drive to Nubra Valley (Known as the Valley of Flowers and the warmest region in Ladakh) via Khardungla pass. This road is considered to be the highest motorable road of the world. En route, admire the spectacular views of the never ending snow-capped mountain ranges around Khardungla Pass (18,390 feet) After spending some time at Khardungla, proceed to Nubra. After Hotel check-in, enjoy camel Safari in the evening. Overnight stay in Nubra
Day 05 : Nubra to Pangong via Shyok
We will start the day following the same route towards Leh till we reach Khalsar. From the Agyam bridge, we will take the left route which leads us to the villages of Shyok and Durbuk. The road after Shyok is good but very steep. After Durbuk, take left towards Tangtse and follow the traditional route. Drive further to Pangong Lake one of the largest and most beautiful natural brackish lakes in the Himalayas. Situated at 14000 ft, more than half of the lake is within Chinese Territory and only one third part lies in India. Explore the lake area, might catch some rare wildlife. Stay overnight in Pangong
Day 06 : Pangong Lake to Leh
Early morning enjoy the picturesque view of Sun rise on the lake. After breakfast drive back to Leh, take a short halt at Changla Pass to enjoy a cup of hot steaming tea. Stay overnight in Leh.
Day 07 : Leh
Early morning transfer to Leh airport. Tour ends with sweet memories of Ladakh...
- Coaches/ Tempo Traveller are not allowed in airport premises so we will send Non A/C Innova / XUV/ Aria / Xylo/ Scorpio for Airport Pickup only.
- AC in vehicles will not be applicable in hilly area.
- The above given cost is calculated on the basis of base category rooms at the mentioned hotels (unless specified otherwise) and if this category of rooms is not available we shall try to confirm accommodation in next available higher category of rooms and shall advise supplementary cost involved while conveying the status.
- Kindly note that names of hotels / Camps mentioned above only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels and it is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey such confirmation to you. In the event of accommodation not becoming available at any of the above mentioned hotels we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement / reduction whatever applicable) to you.
- We shall not be responsible for any change in the itinerary due to landslides, flight cancellations, weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred such as cost for accommodation and transport in such cases will have to be borne by passenger.
- During the month of October to April most of the Camps | Guest houses | Hotels won’t be operational due to off season in various locations of Ladakh like Nubra Valley | Pangong Lake | Tsomoriri | Tsokar | Sham Valley | Kargil | Zanskar region etc. (So in that scenario best alternate accommodation will be provided with prior information to the guests at the time of booking).
Supplementary Other Options NET Charges :
- Professional local English speaking Tourist guide - INR 2000/- Per day
- One Oxygen cylinder in Leh (01 Litter) - INR 750/- Per day
- Oxygen Cylinder for trip 04 Nights / 05 Days - INR 2,500/-
- Cultural Dance Per Program - INR 6,500/-
- Motorbike Enfield 500 CC hire for full day - INR 2000/- Per Bike + Fuel
- 1 Litre Packaged Water Bottle - INR 30 Per Bottle -
- Two Hump Camel Ride at Nubra Valley at Sand Dunes - INR 350 (15 Mins) / INR 700 (30 Mins)
- Pedal down the highest motorable road on a cycle - INR 2000/- per pax including transport (min 4 pax)
- River Rafting (Transfer, Rafting & Lunch)
- Phey – Nimoo (Indus) / Choksti – Nimoo (Zangskar) - INR 2250 Per Person.
What is included in the tour
- Welcome Drink (Hot Tea / Coffee / Kahwa) on arrival.
- Accommodation on twin sharing Basis as per Package Selected.
- 03 Night’s Accommodation in Leh, 01 Night Accommodation in Kargil, 01 Night Accommodation in Nubra & 01 Night Accommodation in Pangong on twin sharing Basis as per the Itinerary & Meal (Bed Tea, Breakfast & Dinner).
- Pick up from Srinagar & drop to Leh Airport.
- Transport with all sightseeing tours by Non A/C Innova, Xylo, Mahindra XUV for Premium, Luxury, Deluxe and Standard Packages (Point to Point).
- Transport with all sightseeing tours by Non A/C Scorpio, Qualis or Sumo Grand for Budget Package (Point to Point).
- Transport with all sightseeing tours by Tempo Traveller for 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 person (Point to Point).
- Wild Life fees & Red Cross fee for Nubra Valley & Pangong Lake.
- Inner line Permit to restricted / protected areas (Khardungla Pass & Pangong Lake).
- Environmental Fee Included at Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council fee (Ladakh entry fee).
- Complimentary Oxygen Cylinder for Nubra & Pangong Tour Only.
- All currently applicable taxes.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any Airfare / Train fare.
- Any meals other than those mentioned (Highlighted) above.
- Any portage at Airport and Hotels tips, Insurance, Laundry, Mineral water, Telephone charges And all items of personal nature and meals and drinks not specified in the inclusions.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered.
- Monument Entrances, Rafting & Camel Safari Charges.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices included”.
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral Water, Aerated).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel, leading to increase in surface transportation and land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Heater Charges in Hotels.
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Shirt/t-shirt – 3-4
- Jeans/trekking pants – 2
- Windproof jacket of decent quality
- Thermals (upper and lower)
- Warm fleece/thick pullover – 2
- Woollen cap
- Woollen gloves
- Woollen socks and regular socks – 3-4 pair
- Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable hiking/training shoes
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen lotion
- Lip balm
- Day pack/small backpack to carry it with you every day and to keep your essentials
- Camera with extra batteries