Leh Ladakh Backpacking Tour – Fixed Departure
Leh Ladakh is reckoned as the land of mighty cold deserts. These regions were initially a stopover for trading caravans and fall under the ancient Silk Route. The hypnagogic mountain ranges and the intriguing landscapes of Leh Ladakh is the dream of every backpacker. These regions ought to give one a surreal feeling as they are flanked by unfathomable valleys of the Himalayas. Hop on an episode of a lifetime that includes exploring ancient monasteries, traversing high mountain passes, and camping at bewitching lakes elevated at 3500m. Indulge in a Pahadi affair starting from delicious momos to gompas along the phantasmagoric terrains.
Places that we will visit
• Ladakh - It literally stands for the land of high passes. Ladakh is enclosed by two of the World's robust mountain ranges, the Great Himalayas and the Karakoram. Behold the larger-than-life journey on the Leh Manali highway in the course of daunting wavy roads at high altitude passes like Rohtang Pass 13050 feet, Baralacha Pass 16020 feet, Nakeela and Lachangla Pass 16,617 feet, Tanglang La Pass 17,585 feet second highest motorable road, and many more throughout.
• Leh - This centuries-old city is home to the colossal 16th-century Leh Palace, that overlooks the labyrinth streets and bazaars of Leh. Take pride and feel the glory after visiting Hall of Fame, Central Asian Museum, Soma gompa and memorial of legendary warfare conquerors. When the sunsets relax in the quietness at Shanti stupa.
• Nubra Valley - Nubra is an enclave that is cradled by rugged mountains. To reach Nubra, one has to traverse through the World's highest motorable Pass that is Khardung La. Here we visit the Diksit Monastery. We also visit the Hunder village, which is 10 km from Nubra. The cold desert that comprises of Nubra flaunts the magnificent Milky Way at night.
• Pangong Tso Lake - In the Tibetan language it stands for a high grassland lake. This natural marvel is the World's highest saltwater lake at 4,350 meters above sea level. Its water is like an artist's palette, which reflects the vivid hues of turquoise to lead grey and emerald green. Pangong is known to be changing colors during different times of the day. The lake contrasts with the adjoining arid khaki color snow-capped mountains. This mesmerizing lake tenders mystical and tranquil views in the evening.
Fixed Departure Batches for Leh Ladakh Road Tour
Leh Ladakh Tour Details in brief
- Activities: Backpacking Trip, Photography tour & Road Expedition
- Location: Leh-Ladakh
- Duration: 7 Nights and 8 Days
- Cost: Rs. 28,500 + 5% GST. (per person)
Leh Ladakh Backpacking Event Itinerary
Day One – Arrive at Manali
All the participants arrive at Manali. This entire day is dedicated to rest and for acclimatizing your body to the high altitude region. Full day rest. In the evening one can sightsee and roam around the central city & market. After Dinner, we will have a brief session to discuss regarding Ladakh journey. Overnight stay at Manali.
Day Two - Manali to Jispa (8-9 hrs)
We leave for Jispa in the early morning. Breakfast will be made en route. We will be traversing through Rohtang Pass (13050 ft) to enter to Lahaul Valley, and then head for Jispa. This will be the first glimpse among the many others of the beautiful drive at high altitude. Overnight stay at Jispa.
Day Three - Jispa to Leh (9-10 hrs)
We leave from Jispa to Leh at early morning leave after Breakfast. Along the route, we will also visit Sarachu, which is a vast plateau. We will be crossing Baralacha Pass 16020 feet, Nakeela and Lachulung la Pass 16,617 feet. Lunch will be relished at Pang. After the Lunch drive to Leh passing through Skyangchu Thang Biggest and Highest Plateau on Stretch of 42 Kms, Tanglang La Pass 17,585 feet, and the 2nd highest motorable road in the World. After we reach Upshi, we will be driving along the Indus River. We arrive at Leh by evening. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day Four – Leh Sightseeing
Jullay! We spend an entire day in Leh. We will be visiting Hall of Fame, Thikse Monastery & Shey Palace and evening will be spent in the quaint surroundings of Shanti stupa. Overnight stay at Leh
Day Five - Leh to Nubra (5-6 hrs)
After Breakfast in Leh, we drive to Nubra Valley via Khardung la (Highest Motorable road in the World, 17,582 feet. Arrive at Hunder by afternoon. Freshen up & leave for two humps camel Safari own cost at Sand Dunes. Those who don't wish to do the safari; they can roam around the Nubra valley and Diksit. Overnight stay at Hunder.
Day Six - Nubra to Pangong Lake (7-8 hrs)
After Breakfast, we leave for Pangong Lake 14,270 feet through Wari La Pass 17,400 feet. Enroute visit Diskit Monastery. We arrive at the campsite. The rest of the time is for leisure & ogling at the color changing lake & for witnessing the mesmerizing sunset on the banks of Pangong Lake. Overnight stay at Pangong Lake.
Day Seven - Pangong to Leh (4-5 hrs)
At early morning enjoy the picturesque view of Sunrise at the lake. After Breakfast, we drive back to Leh through Chang La pass 17,590 feet, en route visit Hemis Monastery. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day Eight – Departure from Leh
After breakfast in Leh, we leave for the airport. Here the journey comes to full circle and participants collect their treasure box of memories that will be cherished for the lifetime.
- Participant with medical history like cardiac, respiratory should consult with doctor before signing for trip.
- Please carry your own personal medicine required.
- People on sleeping pills, painkillers, sedative, antihistamines are prone to Active Mountain Sickness while sleeping please consult your doctor before the trip
What is included in the tour
- Traveling from Manali to Leh in (Non AC) Tempo traveler/ Force (14 seaters)
- Stay at Guest House/ Hotels & Tents Accommodation on Double/ Triple Sharing Basis
- Breakfast & Dinner at all days of the tour
- Inner Line Permit
- Treks and trails expertise charge
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses like mineral water, Soft drinks, Laundry, etc.
- Lunch on all days
- Any kind of Insurance
- Tips to Camp staff, drivers, guides, etc.
- Entry fees, Safari ride charges, etc.
- Any additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/stay caused by a reason beyond our control such as Natural Calamities like Land Slides, Floods, etc., any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Refund for unutilized tour plan services
- Meals apart from the ones mentioned over
- Anything not mentioned cost includes
- Identity proof with residential address must come with a photocopy
- Thermals, Fleece, Jacket, Woolen gloves & cap, etc.
- Personal Clothing for the tour
- Torch, Power banks, Charger, etc.
- Toiletry kit
- Sun protection & Cold Cream (Sunscreen/Lip balm/Sunglasses)
- Trekking shoes & floaters
- Camera and memory cards (Optional)
- Do not carry sling bags or Jholas
- Do not wear gold or bring valuable ornaments
By registering or joining any of the programs organized by Treks and trails, you acknowledge that you have read, understood & agreed to the following terms & conditions.
TERMS & CONDITION
Leader decision shall be final & abiding by all, till completion of the trek/ programmed.
Smoking, chewing tobacco & consumption of Alcohol is strictly not allowed on the trek/ programmed.
Everyone is expected to follow safety protocols defined by the leaders.
Polluting trek route/ campsite is strictly prohibited. Strictly no littering throughout the event/ trek.
You acknowledge that the photographs that were taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose. You consent to let organizers photograph you and let them use for publicity purpose & also agree to allow organizers to use the photograph clicked by you for publicity purpose.
There is a possibility of injury during activities &, and you are aware that outdoor activities bear the inherent risk of personal injury.
Incidents can happen on outdoor activity / Natural calamity may happen you agree that organizer is not responsible for any mishap, accident, including death in any circumstances natural or artificial
During an emergency situation, your consent to any medical treatment recommended by a qualified medical practitioner this could include inoculations, blood transfusions, surgery, or the use of anesthetic.
Read Medical Disclaimer
You realize a certain level of acceptable behavior is mandatory to participate in outdoor programs/ treks and that you may be excluded from programs/ treks if this level is not maintained. You acknowledge event leaders right to expel you from the group if you do not follow the instruction of the leader/ misbehave. Further, you consent once you are discharged from the group; organizers & leaders do not owe any kind of liability towards you.
Minors aged between 14 to 16 years may accompany with their adult family members, in such case the companion family member's declaration in writing for accepting full responsibility towards them is must, along with consent in writing from their parents submitted to Treks and trails.
Minors aged between 16 to 18 years can join the event with their parents' consent in writing submitted to Treks and trails.