Kondane Caves Waterfall Rappelling
Kondana Caves situated in Karjat offers the ancient lifestyle of Buddhist followers. Ancient rock-cut caves, Kondana Caves are very famous Buddhist caves. These caves enclose sculptures, vihara, chaitya and stupa. Sculptures and stupas are specimens of the ancient period Buddhist architecture. There was a natural disaster in the form of an earth quake in early 1900 by which many stupas, front entrance and floor of the caves were damaged. These ancient caves attract lots of tourists and Buddhist devotees all through the year. Kondana Caves is around 15 KM from Karjat.
It is the controlled descent down a rock face using a rope and harness. Rescue teams are also known for using this method as a way to access injured or stranded victims. Climbers use this technique when a cliff or slope is too steep and/or dangerous to descend without protection. Many climbers use this technique to protect established anchors from damage. Rope access technicians also use this as a method to access difficult-to-reach areas from above for various industrial applications like maintenance, construction, inspection and welding, cleaning of outer glass of a building.
About Waterfall rappelling
Waterfall rappelling is very similar to rappelling, the difference is water. And this one element will make all the difference. As the amount of water flowing down makes the foot rest all the more slippery and uneasy. As our clothes are wet and there is extra weight on us of the flowing water. We all need to be extra careful.
Safety is Important
Waterfall rappelling requires an extra caution approach. Major reason being it’s conducted on a waterfall. With the water continuously gushing on us is the challenge. Rappelling can be dangerous, and presents risks, especially to unsupervised or inexperienced person. It is said about 25% of climbing deaths occur during rappelling, most commonly due to failing anchors. Hence is very important to listen to your instructors and be fully aware about methods of rappelling. Its very important to make sure while rappelling that the landing place and route is secured and no loose rocks. One needs to ensure that they descend gradually and nicely paced. Never hurry while rappelling.
Please board the below train and meet us at Karjat Railway Station
- Mumbai CST 05:18 am
- Dadar 05:36 am
- Thane 06:14 am
- Dombivli 06:36 am
- Kalyan 06:46 am
- Karjat 07:40 am
Event Itinerary for Kondane Caves Waterfall rappelling
- 07:40 Report at Karjat Railway Station
- 07:45 Travel towards Kondivade Village
- 0830 General Introduction, Orientation, FAQ sharing
- 09:00 Breakfast
- 0930 Trek towards Waterfall
- 10:30 Rappelling programme starts
- 14:00 Lunch break
- 15:30 Descent towards Kondivade Village
- 18:30 Start travel from Kondivade Village to Karjat & disperse at Karjat railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Cost includes 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg lunch
- Transport from Karjat to Karjat
- Technical Equipment
- Experts for assistance charges
- One time Rappelling.
- Extra rappel will cost Rs 500.00 per head.
- Only possible after all participants have complete Rappelling once.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road block, bad weather, etc.
- Trekking shoes, spare floaters, wear shoes with a good grip.
- Rucksack / Shoulder bag which can hold following items.
- Please carry dry bag or waterproof cover for your cameras, dslr and smart phone.
- Pack your stuff with an extra dry bag to protect the contents from rain.
- Water bottle is compulsory 3 liters
- Torch with spare set of batteries
- Cap, Spare Cotton Track pant & T- shirt.
- Waterproof jacket / raincoat for those who do not want to get wet before the event.
- Personal medical kit (personal medicines if any, prescribed by your family Dr.)
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
- Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
- Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
- Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
- Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
- Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
- Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only