Katraj to Sinhagad
Katraj to Sinhgad trek is famous as K2S trek. This trek tests your endurance level at its best. Its start from Katraj tunnel and end at Sinhgad Fort. Total distance is approx. 16 km (17 hills).
K2S Trek Details
- Katraj to Sinhagad Trek Difficulty Level: Medium
- Katraj to Sinhagad Trek Endurance Level: High
- Region: Ghera Sinhagad
- Total time required for climbing: 7-8 hours one way
- Duration: 1 Night
- Cost: Rs 699/- per person
Katraj to Sinhagad (K2S) Itinerary
07:45 pm Meet at Katraj bus depot. https://maps.app.goo.gl/GfE4ZkPT8fGjiKqc7
08:00 pm Start journey towards base point in local PMPL bus.
08:30 pm Reach at start point.
09:00 pm Start trek towards Sinhagad fort.
On the way will take halt for dinner. (Please carry packed dinner)
06:30 am Reach at K2S trek end point. (road head)
07:00 am Start journey towards base by local jeep.
07:30 am Breakfast at base.
08:30 am End of trek and disperse.
- Please carry 2-3 liters water compulsory, as there is no water source on the trek.
- Good torch with extra batteries (no mobile torch)
- Wear shoes with good grip
- Please carry packed dinner for the trek
- No washrooms available on this trek
- Good endurance required for this trek
- If you wish to visit Sinhagad Fort, then after ending K2S trek you can move towards Sinhagad Fort. (by own)
What is included in the tour
- Katraj to Old Katraj tunnel travel by local PMPL bus and K2S end point to base travel by local jeep.
- 1 veg Breakfast (limited)
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Dinner for the trek
- Travel till Katraj and back from base village.
- Jeep travel from Sinhagad to base village.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water (Compulsory)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Good Torch must with an extra battery (Compulsory)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
What is the Katraj to Sinhgad (K2S) Trek?
The K2S Trek is a famous 16-kilometer trek that starts at Katraj tunnel and leads to Sinhgad Fort, crossing 17 hills.
How difficult is the K2S Trek?
The trek is of medium difficulty level and requires a high level of endurance.
Where does the trek start and end?
The trek begins at Katraj tunnel and concludes at Sinhgad Fort.
How long does it take to complete the trek?
The trek typically takes 7-8 hours one way.
What's the best time to go on the K2S Trek?
The trek is ideal during the monsoon season when the surroundings are lush and green.
How much does the trek cost?
The cost is Rs 699 per person.
Is food provided during the trek?
No, you need to carry packed dinner for the trek.
Are there water sources along the trek?
No, it's essential to carry 2-3 liters of water as there are no water sources.
What should I wear for the trek?
Wear shoes with good grip, comfortable clothing, and carry extra layers for varying weather conditions.
Is there a restroom facility on the trek?
No, there are no washrooms available during the trek.
What's the meeting point for the trek?
The meeting point is the Katraj bus depot.
Are there any age restrictions for the trek?
The trek is suitable for individuals with moderate physical fitness and is generally open to all age groups.
Can I bring my own trekking gear?
Yes, you can bring your own trekking gear, but make sure it's appropriate for the terrain.
Do I need to book in advance for the trek?
It's advisable to check with the trek organizers for booking and availability details.
How do I return to the starting point after completing the trek?
The return time depends on the PMPL bus service, and you will travel back to the starting point by local bus.