Kataldhar waterfall rappelling
Kataldhar waterfall is a seasonal waterfall, so the rappelling Event depends on the flow of the waterfall. This rappelling event is about 350 feet and an overhang of more than 100 feet.
About Kataldhar Waterfall
Kataldhar waterfall is a trek found in Ulhas Valley near Lonavala in the Pune region, Maharashtra. Lonavala region includes many waterfalls, and Kataldhar waterfall is one of the most different amongst all others in Lonavala. It is not much known because it's challenging to reach due to its dense forest, and one can easily get lost there in the woods. Kataldhar Waterfall is a seasonal waterfall, and after the monsoon season, the waterfall dries up.
Interesting facts about Kataldhar waterfall
Kataldhar waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Lonavala region bust, also less known due to the risk factor. Kataldhar waterfall is an unknown treasure. The waterfall is known as the combination of beast and beauty. "Kataldhar" is a Marathi word, where "katal" in Marathi means the wall of rock and "Dhar" means waterfall.
Kataldhar waterfall flowing through the mountain, described as the horseshoe. Due to the shape of the hill from which the waterfall flows. Kataldhar waterfall seen from the Shrivardhan Balle Killa, which is well known as the Rajmachi fort. Kataldhar waterfall rappelling carried here when the waterfall flow is reasonable.
Kataldhar Waterfall rappelling Itinerary
- Mumbai Participant Train timings Indrayani Express
- 05:40 CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:33 Kalyan
- 07:58 Lonavala
- Pune Participant Train timings Lonavala local train from Pune
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji Nagar
- 07:35 Malavali
- 07:50 Lonavala
Meet our trek leader at Lonavala Railway Station near the ticket counter platform number one
- 08:00 am - Board Local Jeep till Base Village
- 09:00 am - Breakfast and Tea at Base Village
- 09:30 am - 30 Minutes Trek towards the Kataldhar waterfall Rappelling point.
- 10:00 am - Reach the starting point. Briefing about Kataldhar Waterfall Rappelling event. Introduction to equipment and safety measures for the Event.
- 10:15 am - Start the Event with one-by-one participation and with no hurry and taking complete safety measures.
- 03:40 pm - You can enjoy your lunch once your rappelling is over. Relax at Kataldhar Waterfall, explore and take pictures
- 04.00 pm - We will start the return trek till the jeeps for Lonavala
- 06:45 pm – Meet our drivers and break for tea and snacks.
- 07:15 pm - Board Jeep till Lonavala station
- 08:00 pm - Reach Lonavala Station
Please note for the Kataldhar Waterfall Rappelling event.
- All safety equipment will be available for the safety of each one of the participants.
- Waterfall Rappelling event conducted under the guidance of technical experts.
- Proper toilets are not available during the Kataldhar Waterfall Rappelling event.
- The Itinerary mentioned above is an ideal schedule you can get late for many reasons, please keep that in mind.
- Event-end timing can change depending on factors, including weather conditions, heavy rainfall, late trains, slow walking, injury, and much more.
- The Participant will have to wait for the last Participant until the rappelling is over for all.
- You have chosen to join a group event; please cooperate with the group during the rappelling Event and return trek for your safety and others.
What is included in the tour
- Tea and One Veg Breakfast
- Lonavala to Lonavala Jeep Ride till base village
- Trek Leader Expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets for Lonavala or return
- Please carry one-time lunch
- Any insurance required
- Anything not mentioned in cost includes
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must come with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant. This will protect from Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- Waterproof bag for mobile and gadgets
- Dry bag for clothes
- Poncho or Rainwear
How to reach Kataldhar waterfall Rappelling
Kataldhar Waterfall located near Fansrai, Lonavala. Lonavala is the most proximate railway station to Kataldhar Waterfall. Kataldhar waterfall is about 8 km from the railway station. One can trek to the Tungarli dam, which is about 3 km from the station. Local vehicles are available to reach the Tungarli dam from the dam, where the trail begins to the Kataldhar waterfall. You can also drive to Fansrai village if you have an excellent SUV vehicle. During our Event, we will manage your transport from Lonavala to Lonavala in our jeeps.
About the Kataldhar waterfall trek
One has to make his way on his own till the Tungarli dam. You can walk till Tungarli Dam from Lonavala station around three kilometers. Jeeps and Auto rickshaw are easily available till the dam. You can also hire jeep till Fansrai village via the Della Adventures route. After walking for some time ahead of the Tungarli dam, there's no proper division in the route, but one must keep in mind that he/she has to take the trail towards the left, surrounded by mango trees. No other specific landmark is present except these mango trees. If one misses this diversion and continues to walk on the same trail, one will end up reaching the base village of Rajmachi Fort.
In all the treks, one has to climb to reach the destination/fort and then descent back towards the base village. Wherein this trek towards Kataldhar, one has to start descending a small jungle trail for about 10 min which will open up to a vast plateau. Moving ahead towards the waterfall, one may come across many small streams and several waterfalls seen in the route towards Kataldhar. The trail takes you towards a vast dense forest.
One may quickly lose the correct trail towards the waterfall and avoid suffering in the forest. There are colorful ribbons tied to the branches of the trees and direct the proper path towards the waterfall. The trail is all covered with dense forest till the end. One must be very careful while trekking in the woods and being alert all way till the end. Adjacent to this waterfall, there's a cave where one can enjoy this beautiful sight of the waterfall. This waterfall deposited in the Ulhas river. This waterfall is not much-known waterfall amongst others as no public transport is available till the start of the trek and also because of the dense forest trail where quickly one can get misguide and trapped in this jungle. One must avoid to trek alone to Kataldhar waterfall as it is easy to lose sight from the correct trail and also Kataldhar waterfall is prone to flash floods.