Kataldhar waterfall rappelling
Kataldhar waterfall is a seasonal waterfall, so the rappelling Event depends on the flow of the waterfall. This rappelling event is about 350 feet and an overhang of more than 100 feet.
About Kataldhar Waterfall
Kataldhar waterfall is a trek found in Ulhas Valley near Lonavala in the Pune region, Maharashtra. Lonavala region includes many waterfalls, and Kataldhar waterfall is one of the most different amongst all others in Lonavala. It is not much known because it's challenging to reach due to its dense forest, and one can easily get lost there in the woods. Kataldhar Waterfall is a seasonal waterfall, and after the monsoon season, the waterfall dries up.
Interesting facts about Kataldhar waterfall
Kataldhar waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Lonavala region bust, also less known due to the risk factor. Kataldhar waterfall is an unknown treasure. The waterfall is known as the combination of beast and beauty. "Kataldhar" is a Marathi word, where "katal" in Marathi means the wall of rock and "Dhar" means waterfall.
Kataldhar waterfall flowing through the mountain, described as the horseshoe. Due to the shape of the hill from which the waterfall flows. Kataldhar waterfall seen from the Shrivardhan Balle Killa, which is well known as the Rajmachi fort. Kataldhar waterfall rappelling carried here when the waterfall flow is reasonable.
Kataldhar 350ft Waterfall Rappelling Details
- Age Group: 16 to 50 yrs
- Difficulty Level: Tough
- Endurance Level: High
- Trek Time Required: 30 mins to reach at rappelling start point and 2.5 hrs ascend after rappelling
How to Reach
Travel till Lonavala by train or bus. From Lonavala
- you can either have a walk of 2 Hours till Fanasrai village (on the way to Rajmachi)
- you can hire sumo from Lonavala
Kataldhar Waterfall rappelling Itinerary
08:00 am - Report at given Location. Briefing of Activity, Introduction to equipment’s.
08:30 am - Tea & Breakfast (Limited) if Taken in Package.
09:00 am - Start 30 Minutes Trek to Kataldhar starting point.
09:30 am - Introduction to Equipment’s & Do’s & Don’ts, Briefing of Activity.
10:00 am - Activity starts with Demo.
10:30 am - Participants Activity started. (Maximum 4 to 5 People in One Hour) Pack Lunch if Taken in Package.
04:30 pm - Activity ends & Start ascending for 2 Hours via Kataldhar Jungle till Phanasrai Platue.
06:30 pm - Reach Plateau. Tea & Snacks (If Taken in Package)
07:00 pm - Start your return Journey at your Own arrangements with everlasting Memories.
Train Options for Participants
Mumbai Participant Train timings Indrayani Express
- 05:40 CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:33 Kalyan
- 07:58 Lonavala
Pune Participant Train timings Lonavala local train from Pune
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji Nagar
- 07:35 Malavali
- 07:50 Lonavala
Please note for the Kataldhar Waterfall Rappelling event.
- You may require to wait for 1 Hour if previous Group activity is going on. Generally we discuss it before 2 Days of Departure about the Time Slot.
- All safety equipment will be available for the safety of each one of the participants.
- Waterfall Rappelling event conducted under the guidance of technical experts.
- Toilets are not available during the Kataldhar Waterfall Rappelling event.
- The Itinerary mentioned above is an ideal schedule you can get late for many reasons, please keep that in mind.
- Event-end timing can change depending on factors, including weather conditions, heavy rainfall, late trains, slow walking, injury, and much more.
- The Participant will have to wait for the last Participant until the rappelling is over for all.
- You have chosen to join a group event; please cooperate with the group during the rappelling event and return trek for your safety and others.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg packed lunch and 1 veg evening snacks
- 350 Feet Kataldhar Waterfall Rappelling with 100% Safety.
- Event expertise charges
- First aid kit
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base village and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- Any insurance coverage
- Anything not mentioned in cost includes
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must come with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant.
- Waterproof bag for mobile and gadgets
- Dry bag for clothes
- Poncho or Rainwear
- Extra clothes / napkin
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
How to reach Kataldhar waterfall Rappelling
Kataldhar Waterfall located near Fansrai, Lonavala. Lonavala is the most proximate railway station to Kataldhar Waterfall. Kataldhar waterfall is about 8 km from the railway station. One can trek to the Tungarli dam, which is about 3 km from the station. Local vehicles are available to reach the Tungarli dam from the dam, where the trail begins to the Kataldhar waterfall. You can also drive to Fansrai village if you have an excellent SUV vehicle. During our Event, we will manage your transport from Lonavala to Lonavala in our jeeps.
About the Kataldhar waterfall trek
One has to make his way on his own till the Tungarli dam. You can walk till Tungarli Dam from Lonavala station around three kilometers. Jeeps and Auto rickshaw are easily available till the dam. You can also hire jeep till Fansrai village via the Della Adventures route. After walking for some time ahead of the Tungarli dam, there's no proper division in the route, but one must keep in mind that he/she has to take the trail towards the left, surrounded by mango trees. No other specific landmark is present except these mango trees. If one misses this diversion and continues to walk on the same trail, one will end up reaching the base village of Rajmachi Fort.
In all the treks, one has to climb to reach the destination/fort and then descent back towards the base village. Wherein this trek towards Kataldhar, one has to start descending a small jungle trail for about 10 min which will open up to a vast plateau. Moving ahead towards the waterfall, one may come across many small streams and several waterfalls seen in the route towards Kataldhar. The trail takes you towards a vast dense forest.
One may quickly lose the correct trail towards the waterfall and avoid suffering in the forest. There are colorful ribbons tied to the branches of the trees and direct the proper path towards the waterfall. The trail is all covered with dense forest till the end. One must be very careful while trekking in the woods and being alert all way till the end. Adjacent to this waterfall, there's a cave where one can enjoy this beautiful sight of the waterfall. This waterfall deposited in the Ulhas river. This waterfall is not much-known waterfall amongst others as no public transport is available till the start of the trek and also because of the dense forest trail where quickly one can get misguide and trapped in this jungle. One must avoid to trek alone to Kataldhar waterfall as it is easy to lose sight from the correct trail and also Kataldhar waterfall is prone to flash floods.