About Jaisalmer Tour
Jaisalmer is one of those perfect havens for backpackers. It is a former medieval trading center and handsome state to the extreme west of Rajasthan. Due to its position in the heart of the Thar Desert, it attracts backpackers from all over the world. Jaisalmer is also famous for its use of yellow sandstone in its architectures, which earned it the name of ‘the Golden City.’ It is safe to concur that the beauty and charm of Jaisalmer is unmatchable. During its heydays, it used to be a part of the renowned Silk Route. The most notable structure in Jaisalmer is the fort which sits right in the middle of the city. The Jaisalmer Fort stands proudly and narrates the bravery, strength, and honor of the Rajput rulers. Jaisalmer retains its medieval allure with its colorful narrow streets, mesmerizing forts, opulent havelis, and bazaars.
Highlights about Jaisalmer
- Delving into core Rajasthani culture which intermingles with a bit of Western culture.
- Apart from native Rajasthanis, you will spot foreigners on every corner of Jaisalmer.
- The Jaisalmer Fort rises like sunbeams when you see it from the golden desert.
- The Fort of Jaisalmer happens to be the oldest in all of Rajasthan.
- Jaisalmer is the place where renowned filmmakers shot their movies.
- Apart from the Jaisalmer Fort, there are several other noteworthy structures to see here. These include Patwonki Haveli, Nathmalki Haveli, Salim Singh ki Haveli, and more.
- You can witness dunes, Vyas Chhatri, Gadissar Lake, and BadaBagh, away from the city. It is also possible to go on desert safaris from Jaisalmer.
Basic details about Jaisalmer
- Total area: 5.1 sq. Km.
- Elevation: 738 ft.
- Age group: Anyone can explore Jaisalmer
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights
- Camel ride distance: 10 km
How to reach Jaisalmer
There are several ways for travelers to reach Jaisalmer. Most people prefer railway and flights. Both trains and flights can take you as far as Jodhpur.
Reach Jaisalmer by train
As already mentioned, you can board a train to Jodhpur from Mumbai. Traveling to Rajasthan is never a problem via trains because it has well-established connections with other states.
Reach Jaisalmer by air
Indeed there is an airport at Jaisalmer, but Indian military regulates it. Jaisalmer is quite close to the India-Pakistan international border. Naturally, you will spot many soldiers in the city. Besides, only chartered planes can land at the airport of Jaisalmer. Therefore, your only option is to fly to Jodhpur.
Jaisalmer Tour Detailed Itinerary
Day 0: Departure from Mumbai
Our journey starts from Mumbai in train by the evening. This is an overnight journey till we reach Jodhpur.
Day 1: Arrive at Jodhpur and sightseeing
We arrive to Jodhpur early morning and start towards our hotel for a healthy breakfast. Post this we leave for sightseeing and get back to our respective hotels for overnight stay.
Day 2: Jodhpur to Jaisalmer and sightseeing
Today early morning, we start our journey for Jaisalmer for which vehicles are already arranged to transfer you from the current hotel to the hotel in Jaisalmer. Get ready to explore the oldest city in India as we settle down to spend some good time at the bank of Gadaisarlake, BadaBagh to end our day visit with a visit to kuldhara village at night.
Day 3: Dessert visit
Today is important for everyone as we are going to explore the desert for about 10kms on camel back. On the journey we visit multiple villages and we reach our destination to end our day with camp fire at “Thar Desert” for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4: Departure from Jodhpur
This day marks the end of our journey as post breakfast we all leave towards Jodhpur to catch our train back to Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Local Transportation for 3 days in Jaisalmer
- Food expenses for 04 days.
- Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- Entry Fees & Guide charges
- Thar Desert
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
2/3 liters of water bottle.
Good Torch must with extra battery.
Extra pair of clothes, Towel, Jacket, etc.
Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek. (preferably Action trekking shoes)
Proper haversack to put all these things.
Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc.
Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.