Bhigwan Bird Photography Tour and Mayureshwar WLS
Bhigwan Birding Tour
Bhigwan is a small dusty town on the border of Pune and Solapur district in Central Maharashtra, in India. It is located on the Pune-Solapur Highway around 105 km from Pune on the backwaters of Ujani dam. Bhigwan is famous for bird watching especially flamingo and wildlife photography. It is also known as mini Bharatpur.
At Bhigwan, many kinds of Ducks, Herons, Egrets, Raptors and Waders along with flocks of hundreds of flamingos can be seen. Variety of birds at Bhigwan gives of sighting of almost all the prime bird species there and also creates great photographic opportunities for wildlife photographers. At times, 1,000 - 1,200 flamingos are seen. The low rains and low water level has now reduced the number of flamingos over some years. It is a favorite spot for migratory birds, with more than 230 species found here. One can also see painted storks, bar headed geese, demoiselle cranes, etc. These birds can be seen in the winter season between December and March. The bird generally migrates via marine routes and adult females depart from the breeding grounds
Mayureshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
Mayureshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is not only popular for its birds and wildlife population, but also offers stunning landscapes and natural beauty. This small wildlife sanctuary is a home to GazeliabennettiChinkara, Hyena, Canis lupus (Wolf), Vulpes bengalensis (Indian Fox). It is also home to a variety of birds including, Indian roller, black-winged kite, grey hornbill, grey partridge, Eurasian collared dove, white-throated kingfisher, ashy-crowned sparrow lark, shrike, laughing dove, blue-cheeked bee-eater, Indian silverbill, eagle and babbler.
Bird Photography Tour Itinerary
Day zero - Friday
Meet us at Pritam Dhaba Hotel, Dadar (East) @ 11:00 pm
Travel Overnight to Bhigwan - Kumbhargaon
Day one - Saturday
- Early morning reach Bhigwan / Kumbhargaon
- Freshen up & have breakfast
- First Morning Session We will explore the area using private boat to cover maximum locations and get up close with birds
- Lunch and Rest
- Second Evening session explore the wetland habitat in golden lights considering the sunset.
- Dinner and Stay for the Night
Day 2: Sunday
- Wakeup call early morning and Breakfast
- Last Morning exploration by boat at Lake
- Leave for Mayureshwar WildLife Sanctuary
- One Hour exploration in Mayureshwar WildLife Sanctuary
- Lunch on route to Mumbai
- Reach Mumbai by 11 pm
What is included in the tour
- by Private Vehicle from Dadar to Dadar (Non A/c)
- Simple Home Stay (Dormitory type only)
- Travel Boat charges 2 rounds
- Mayureshwar WLS Entry Fees
- Food : 3 Veg meals, 2 breakfast-Tea, Evening Tea.
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Recommended Things to Carry
- 2 liter of water
- Bedding - Sleeping mat/bag (compulsory)
- Torch with extra cell (compulsory)
- Windcheater , Camera, Cell Phone (Optional)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Personal Medicine if required
- Extra Pair of clothes
- Good trekking shoes
- A haversack to put all these things.
- Accommodation is at Villager House with 7 people sharing one room with basic washroom facilities
- Basic bedding is available though kindly carry bed sheet
- Food is locally prepared home food and simple and tasty
- Carry Good quality Binoculars for sightings.