Auli Uttarakhand Backpacking Trip
In the blessed town of Joshimath, If you are someone who loves snow and winter sports, Auli is a jewel of a spot for you. Situated at approx 500 km from Delhi, it can be a great weekend trip. Auli is the noticeable Ski Destination in India, and December to March is the best time to visit Auli is. The distance between Joshimath to Auli is 14 kms and easily accessible by road. In any case, what's increasingly commendable is the gondola link vehicle ride that takes you over the beautiful elevated woodlands to a thick, snow-clad glade of Auli Resort.
Auli India Backpacking Trip Short Itinerary
- Day 0 - Leave from Delhi by 09:00 PM
- Day 1 - Go Devprayag - Reach Joshimath - Overnight Stay at Joshimath
- Day 2 - Day Visit to Auli - Ropeway, Skiing, Snow Trek to Gurson Bugyal (Depends on climate and trek trail conditions) - Overnight at Joshimath
- Day 3 - Check out from hotel - Visit Narsingh Temple - Leave for Delhi - Halt at Rishikesh for dinner
- Day 4 - Arrive at Delhi early morning.
Auli hill station backpacking trip detailed itinerary
Day 1: Arrive & accommodate at Joshimath
Start from Delhi by 09:00 pm on Day zero pit stop at Devprayag – Witness the lovely Sangam of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda. Stop for a delicious breakfast at Srinagar. Reach Joshimath in the evening and check in to the lodging. Freshen up & unwind. Bonfire, dinner, and rest. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 2: Auli Skiing and Gorson Bugyal Trek
Get up early and witness a magnificent sunrise. After having a delicious breakfast, leave for Auli. You can either travel by road or use the ropeway. Appreciate the panoramic ice-covered views and enjoy the skiing activities. Revel in a trek to Gorson Bugyal. It is a beautiful trek, and we can witness ranges of Himalayan peaks on the way to trek. Return to the hotel by evening, enjoy dinner & rest. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Departure
Wake up with delightful and joyful dawn and make the most of your morning breakfast. Lunch, Leisure, and McLeod Ganj’s self-investigation and shopping. Head back to Delhi by evening with lots of fantastic trip memories to cherish for a lifetime. Reach Delhi next day morning by 08:00 am (tentatively)
Auli Backpacking Trip Highlights
- Drive through the pleasant streets of Devprayag, which is the confluence of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda.
- Enjoy the cable car ride in Auli.
- Witness two delightful Bugyals/Meadows, Auli, and Gorson.
- Get the chance to get the eminent perspective on Nanda Devi Peak, Hathi-Ghodi Peak, Dronagiri Peak, Chaukhamba Peak.
- Stroll through the thick Oak and Rhododendron Forest.
- Appreciate connections with local people and watch a simple lifestyle.
Reasons why you should join the Auli Trip
A fantasy destination that appears to be strange even to consider existing amid the wild of nature. From strange mountain crests to alluring Ski slants combined with a feeling of serenity makes Auli, pass on, a truly amazing winter destination in India.
For the Road Taken
They state that the adventure is as unique as the goal itself, and we can't help but concur. Coming to Auli is a tasteful savour, the experience of itself. When you get up in the first part of the day on the transport, you will be invited by seeing such supreme magnificence. The crisp winter breeze will expedite a much-needed refresher for your face, and you will feel alive.
Trekking in the White Wonderland
Outstanding amongst other winter excursions in India, Auli is still, to some degree, a strange goal. The unique trails in Auli have no match at all. Indeed, even the favored necessary trails in Uttarakhand offer one-of-a-kind snow trekking undertakings. The snowy meadows and the snow-secured mountains include a one-of-a-kind feeling of experience to the whole trekking knowledge in Auli. Gurson Bugyal is the most hiked trek in Auli.
Romance with Snow in Auli
Very few of us are lucky enough to observe snowfall in our everyday lives. Consequently, we look for snow goals in winters. If you are one such vagabond, Auli is the ideal excursion goal for you.
Sharpen your skiing skills
Skiing in Auli needs no formal acquaintance as Auli accepted with be extraordinary compared to other Skiing goals in Uttarakhand. Before much ado, we should get into its detail. Skiing in Auli is for all age groups, and whether you have never thought of trying it out under any circumstance, you can test your Ski aptitudes and body balance in Auli. You can select from two choices - professional and tandem. For a beginner, it's advised to go with a local ski operator who would guide you about the basics. The costs are additionally reasonable without harming your budget much.
What is included in the tour
- Whole travel as per the itinerary.
- Stay for 2 nights in the hotel at Joshimath.
- 4 suppers will be given all through the excursion. 3 Breakfasts and 2 Dinners.
- Team leader throughout the trip.
- Driver’s night charges, toll tax, parking charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- GST (5%) is applicable
- Any other Food and Beverage charge that excluded in the package.
- Any other costing involved due to any kind of natural calamity forced circumstances which are out of our control.
- Any kind of tips
- Equipment charges – Ropeway & Skiing
- Anything not there in the inclusions.
- Trekking shoes with a decent grasp; sports shoes won't be sufficient.
- A 40 to a 60-liter rucksack with strong build and straps with a rain-cover.
- Two warm layers of clothing Wool, fleece and a cushioned jacket.
- Two-track pants. Wear one and carry one.
- Two collared t-shirts, ideally full-sleeve to shield from sunburn.
- Shades, sun cap & woollen gloves.
- Socks, LED headlamp/torch, and a trekking pole.
- A 20-litre day pack, toiletries, for example, toothbrushes, toothpaste, sunscreen, soap, lip ointment, toilet paper, and a light towel.
- Coffee mug, lunch box & cutlery.
- Two 1-litre water bottles.
- Plastic bags.
- Compulsory documents such as valid ID proofs and their photocopies.
- Medical kit with all necessary medicines.
Places to visit on the Auli Backpacking Trip
1. Gorson Bugyal is a Himalayan Alpine Meadow in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district. Gorson Bugyal is a popular ski resort. The Bugyal is around 19 kilometers from Joshimath and has an average height of 3519 meters. It is a vast alpine meadow with a grassy spread covering several hundred acres of land.
2. Joshimath often spelled Jyotirmath, is in the Chamoli District of Uttarakhand, India. It is a gateway to various Himalayan peak climbing adventures, hiking routes, and pilgrim centers such as Badrinath and is located at the height of 6150 feet above sea level.
3. Devprayag is a town in the Tehri Garhwal District of Uttarakhand, India. It is the last of the Panch Prayags of the Alaknanda River, where the Alaknanda meets the Bhagirathi, and the two rivers merge to become the Ganges river or Ganga.
It feels as though rivers were hugging each other! You can practically touch the icy waters of the two rivers at the junction. The Bhagirathi, on the other hand, must be handled with caution. Even though Alakananda peacefully joins Her, she is in a rush. Near the Prayag, there is a magnificent white Shivling. You can relax at the lounging area where you can unwind, enjoy a snack, and take in the view of the river. Before visiting the Raghnath mandir, take a plunge at the confluence.
4. Auli Skiing, endowed with unbroken vistas of the Himalayas and pristine snow slopes, is enough to excite professional and amateur skiers. With the aid of skilled teachers and the best equipment, you'll learn how to slide down the fluffy snow. Gather memories of your rough but spectacular skiing lessons in the form of photos and videos.