About Anthargange trekking
Anthargange is situated in the Kolar district of Karnataka in the Shathashrunga range, about 70 km from Bangalore. The mountains at an altitude of 1712 meters from sea level with rocky boulders, small caves and dense plantations are one of the best getaways for trekking, rock climbing and cave exploration enthusiasts.
The name Anthargange refers to the perpetual spring that flows through the rocks from the middle of the mountains. The name literally means 'Inner Stream' or 'Ganges from the deep' in Kanada. The origin of this stream is still a mystery. It also houses the Kashi Vishweshwara Temple which attracts devotees as well.
Antargange Trek Batches
7th April 2019
5th May 2019
14th April 2019
12th May 2019
21st April 2019
19th May 2019
28th April 2019
26th May 2019
Antargange Trek Details
- Terrain: Rocky
- Nearest Town: Kolar
- Duration of the event: One Day
- Grade: EASY/MODERATE/DIFFICULT: Easy
- Total distance: 8 Kms Approx. (Both the ways)
- Cost: Rs. 1200/- per person
Antharagange Trek Event Itinerary
06:30 Pickup from Indiranagar.
06:45 Pickup from New Shanti Sagar Hotel, Domlur.
07:00 Pick up from Lifestyle.
Breakfast on the way.
10:30 Reach Antargange and start ascending.
13:00 Explore caves. Packed lunch at the top.
15:00 Visit Places like Chotaa Ladakh and Someswara Temple.
15:30 Start descending.
18:00 Reach the base and start return journey towards Bangalore.
20:00 Approx. arrival at Bangalore.
What is included in the tour
- Bangalore to Bangalore transportation by private vehicle
- 1 veg breakfast, 1 veg packed lunch
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (Camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 litres of water bottle
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- A proper haversack to put all these things
- Good Torch must with extra batteries
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
1. What is the most suitable time to visit Anthargange?
Winter is the best time to visit Anthargange Trekking from October till March. The hill is famous for Road trips from Bangalore, Adventure sports near Bangalore, Anthargange Sunrise Trek during winter and summer month. There are more adventure activities on offer, along with enjoyable trekking and landscape scenes. Antaragange trekking places in Bangalore is delightful during the winter and early summer months.
2. Can you tell me the trekking distance covered on the Anthargange trek?
Anthargange Hike established in the Kolar region of Karnataka, Shathashrugna range, Bangalore to Kolar distance by road is 70 kilometres. The trek is three kilometres in total, and you will need average endurance and difficulty level is medium. Trekking near Bangalore, Antharagange trek is the most craved adventure sports destination near the city. Antaragange trek is at 1712 meters above sea level. Antaragange hiking trail consists of challenging rocky patches and tricky paths you will have to crawl through some sections as well make the whole trek challenging and enjoyable.
3. How to tour Anthargange?
- Fly to Bangalore from where you can hire a taxi from the Bangalore Airport known as Kempegowda International Airport. Cabs are available for Antaragange via Kolar.
- Regular trains are available till Kolar Railway Station. Anthargange is established three kilometres from the Station. You can either cover the distance on foot or hire local transport.
- Camping near Bangalore is available near Anthargange it can be added to your itinerary on a customized plan.
4. Places to visit in Kolar Nature Tour?
Below is the important destination you should cover on your Kolar Nature Tour. Kolar tourist places are a memorable day trip destination near the city of Bangalore.
- Avani Betta
- Markendaya hills
- Kaigal falls
- Kotilingeshwara Temple
- Sri Ramalingeshwara temple complex
- Lord Someshwara temple
- Antharagange Caves
- Antara Gange
- Kolaramma temple
- Bangaru Tirupati
- ord Ganesha temple
- N Vishweshwarayya Museum
5. How to Tour Anthargange from Bangalore?
Kolar map is searchable now on google. Bangalore to Anthargange distance is 66 kilometres. You can follow the GPS coordinates of the maps system used by your car. Kolar railway station is located three kilometres from the Anthargange trek.
6. Places to visit at Anthargange trek?
- Antara Gange signifies Gange of the deep. In the local Kanada language, known as Inner stream. Anthargange hills situated in the Shathashrunga hill range in the Southeast section of Karnataka.
- It is part of the Kolar District Nature tour. Pilgrims visit Holy temple of Shiva, Sri Kashi Vishweshwara temple identified as the Kashi of South. The temple is famous for water flowing from the mouth of Basava a Bull Stone. There are many Kolar temples devotees visit during the pilgrim tour.
- Anthargange hills is a renowned Trekking place near Bangalore and exploring caves is a popular adventure travel sport. Anthargange caves exploration is combined with the sunrise trek.
7. How much time required to complete the Anthargange trek?
Antaragange hill trek and cave exploration take around one hour to explore the three kilometres trail. After the trial is over, more adventure activities lined up for adventure enthusiasts.
8. What is the height of Anthargange Hill?
The Anthargange Hill positioned at 1712 meters above the sea level, encircled by volcanic stone formations and boulders. One of the most popular trekking places near Bangalore for Caving and Anthargange Sunrise trek. It offers magnificent panoramas of the Kolar city from the summit.
9. How to pack for the Anthargange Trek and Antharagange caves exploration?
Hiking to adventurous places in Bangalore you should always come prepared. Safety on any trek shared among participants and the organizers. Carrying equipment mentioned in things to bring will help you summit the trek and maintain a high level of endurance.
- Good pair of trekking shoes is compulsory, Kindly avoid wearing running shoes or sandals for your safety.
- Day Backpack with 30 litres of capacity is ideal for the trek.
- Three litres of water, please use reusable water bottles.
- Ready to eat snacks to maintain energy levels like a high-calorie bar, dry fruits, fruits.
- First aid kit, Toiletries, and your personal medications
- Hiking pants or Trekking pants with full sleeves quick-dry T-shirts are ideal for this trail.
- Hiking Hat helps protect your face from sunburn.
- Sunscreen with UPF 30 or more, Please keep applying on a regular interval.
- Torch with extra batteries
- Garbage bag to take your wrappers and foils back to Bangalore
- Rainwear, Jacket, Poncho, Dry bag to keep your gadgets dry and safe.
- Avoid wearing jewellery and perfume for this trek.
10. Anthargange trek route information?
Antharagange Trek starts from the temple after climbing 200 steps we will reach the temple complex. Places to visit near Kolar, the temple is a holy and spiritual place as the water flowing beneath the stone the source of Anthargange. After seeking a blessing at the temple, we will move towards the Anthargange trekking route. The hike is moderate difficulty around 45 minutes climb uphill. After completing the uphill Anthargange trek, we will reach the cluster of seven villages located on top of the hill. We will meet them and explore the beautiful cave systems and enjoy the grand view of Kolar district from the top.
11. Can you tell me the difficulty level fo Anthargange Trek?
You will be covering a total distance of six kilometres. It takes four hours to complete the trek with exploration. The trek categorized under difficult medium levels you have to hike through caves, boulders, rock paths, and volcanic formations. You need proper fitness levels to complete the Antharagange trek.
12. Anthargange Hill Trek weather update?
During the summer months, the temperatures range from 22 to 37 degrees. It is challenging to trek in peak summer due to humidity and heat. Monsoon the weather is pleasant, and rain clouds provide excellent shade while trekking. During winter months the climate ranges from 18 to 30-degree celsius it is the ideal time to visit the Antaragange Hill Trek.
13. What is the age range of the Trekking group in Bangalore? Are kids allowed on the Antharange Trekking?
The average age group is from 12 to 60 years. Kids with parents or guardians are allowed on the Anthargange Trekking. We get solo female hikers, corporate colleagues, housewives, college students, regular trekkers, friends, solo backpackers, ex-pats, and more.
14. Highlights of the Anthargange Kolar trek?
- Antaragange caves exploration is popular among trekkers.
- Anthargange night trek Bangalore famous for sunrise views of the Kolar town.
- Campfire, Adventure sports and mountain sports combined with the Antargange trekking
15. Do we have to pay extra for transportation on the Anthargange Trek and cave exploration plan?
Your transportation cost included in the plan cost. We also cover the meals mention in price includes section.
16. Can you tell me more about Anthargange Cave exploration?
Anthargange Caves Kolar has many caves which are popular among hikers, trekkers for various adventure activity like rappelling, trekking, caving. It is one of the highlights of the trek.
17. What is the height of Anthargange Peak?
Located at 1712 feet above the sea level Anthargange Peak is a trek around Bangalore. Many camping options available nearby and adventure sports activities have come up, one of the best places to visit near Kolar.
18. What are the washroom amenities possible in the Anthargange trek?
Washrooms are available at the base of the trek Antaragange Kolar. However, as you climb towards the peak and explore the caves, no washroom facilities are available. The majority of the trek is through forest and nature without modern washrooms.
19. How to prepare for Antharrange hill trekking and fitness level expected?
For any adventure activity, you need the right level of fitness. You should opt-out for the Kolar Anthargange trek if you have any medical conditions like Asthama, Heart problem.