Visapur Fort is larger and at a higher elevation than its twin fort- Lohagad. Within the fort are caves, cisterns of water, a decorated arch and old houses. These two roofless buildings surrounded by outer or veranda walls said to have once been Government offices. The ruins of a large stone-built house are known as the Peshwa’s palace. In addition to a huge carving of Hanuman, there are also several temple dedicated to him scattered all over the place. Hanuman (or Maruti) was likely the patron deity of Visapur fort. Best for trekking near Mumbai.
Monsoon Trek to Visapur difficulty level : Easy
Endurance Level : Medium
Base village for Visapur : Malavli.
Visapur Fort Height : 3556 ft approx.
Location : Lonavala
Train timings for Mumbai participants
- 05:40 CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:33 Kalyan
- 07:58 Lonavala
- Move to Malavali by local train
- 08:20 Lonavala
- 08:28 Malavli
Train timings for Pune participants
Lonavala Local Train
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji nagar
- 07:35 Malavali
- 08:30 Meet at Malavali station and move towards Visapur fort base.
- 08:50 Breakfast.
- 09:30 Start ascend.
- 12:00 Reach at Visapur fort top and explore.
- 13:30 Descend.
- 15:30 Reach at base and Lunch.
- 16:30 Move towards Malavli station.
- 17:30 Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Malavli station.
People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Monsoon Trek to Visapur, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch.
Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
Travel cost from Mumbai to Malavli and back.
Travel from Pune to Malavli and back.
Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
Any kind of personal expenses.
Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
1. Can we drive till Malavli?
2. Distance from Mumbai Malavali?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 100 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Malavali?
Two hours drive from Pune - 65 km approx.
4. Number of days required for this event?
5. Is there food available on Visapur fort?
No. Food is available at base village.
6. How much time required to climb Visapur fort?
2-3 hours from base village.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Visapur fort?
Not available. During the trek toilets are not available.
10. Do Single travellers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity available for most cellular service.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus / jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20oC - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon it rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit event on immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website in how to register tabs.
Incase your question is not listed above you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org