Visapur Fort Trek
The famous monsoon Sahyadri Fort is more massive of the twin fort Lohagad. Visapur Fort at a higher altitude than Lohagad fort. Many caves, water tanks, old houses, arch, waterfalls, temples are on the Sahyadri Fort. There are two buildings which are roofless now, are government offices from the past. A stone-built home at Visapur Fort called Peshwas Wada popularly. Lord Hanuman carving seen at the Fort, there are many temples dedicated to him at the Fort. Visapur is ideal trekking destination near Mumbai, Pune, Lonavala.
Visapur Fort Trek 2019 | Visapur Trekking in Monsoon
A Monsoon Trek to Visapur Fort, the best place to spend a rainy evening right! Visit Visapur for a walk with your partner or enjoy with friends. Visapur Fort also called Visapoor Fort is a hill fort near Visapur village in Maharashtra, India. It is a part of the Lohagad-Visapur fortification. The Visapur Fort trek will enthral you, and it will make your journey amazing. Enjoy the thrills of trekking in the challenging terrains! Fort offers a majestic view from the height of 3556 feet. Located in Maharashtra near Pune district, the trek to Killa is one of the best treks to do in Monsoon.
Perched upon a lush green plateau, the Visapur Killa is a top-rated excursion destination for adventure mongers as well as nature lovers. The Fort trek is a one-day trek accessible from Mumbai and Pune. It's a grand confusion of boulders and steps up to the fort.
Visapur Trek Batches
Visapur Trek Event details
Monsoon Trek difficulty level: Easy to Medium
Endurance Level: Medium
Base village for Visapur: Malavli
Visapur Fort Height: 3556 feet approx.
Cost: Rs. 900/-
Visapur Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Train timings for Mumbai participants
- 05:40 CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:33 Kalyan
- 07:58 Lonavala
Lonavala Local Train
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 Lonavala
08:00 Meet at Lonavala station and move towards Visapur fort by jeep.
08:45 Reach at base and breakfast.
09:30 Start ascending Visapur Fort.
11:30 Reach at Visapur top and explore.
13:00 Start descending.
15:00 Reach at Visapur Wadi and lunch.
16:00 Move to Lonavala Station by jeep.
17:00 Departure for Mumbai / Pune from Lonavala station.
People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
Missing the train is missing Visapur Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
What is included in the tour
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Lonavala to base and back to Lonavala transport by local jeep
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water.
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars.
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets.
- Good Torch must with an extra battery.
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek.
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters.
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet.
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags.
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet.
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
1. Can we drive till Malavli?
Yes, you can drive till base village, please use google maps for navigation.
2. Distance from Mumbai Malavali?
Two and half hours drive from Mumbai 100 km approx.
3. Distance from Pune to Malavali?
Two hours drive from Pune - 65 km approx.
4. The number of days required for this event?
One day is required for the event.
5. Is there food available on Visapur fort?
No. Food is available at base village. On weekends locals sell snacks on this Sahyadri Fort.
6. How much time required to climb Visapur fort?
2-3 hours from the Malavali Village. We will take trek route near Lohagadwadi it takes one hour to reach Visapur Shikhar from this trek route.
7. Where can we park our cars?
Base Village at your own risk.
8. Is there any parking charge?
9. Are toilet available on Visapur fort?
Not available. During the trek, toilets are not available. Restaurant for breakfast and Lunch has toilets and changing room.
10. Do Single travelers female sign up for these events?
We have 60 - 40 % or more Male - Female ratios on our events.
Many Single Travelling Female join our events.
11. Are Kids allowed on treks?
Kids below 15 with Parents supervision only.
12. What type of food will be provided?
Only Veg local home-cooked food is available.
13. Phone Connectivity?
Limited phone connectivity is available for most cellular service. Visapur Sahyadri Fort summit good phone connectivity is available.
14. Is cash payment or spot payment accepted?
Cash payment is not accepted.
Registration against 100% upfront payment only via Paytm / UPI / NEFT / IMPS / Payment Gateway.
On the spot payment not accepted.
We need to book in advance bus/jeep and make other arrangements upfront payment is a must.
15. Will I get bottled water?
Normal well water shall be provided.
16. Can I charge my phone?
No electricity. Please carry a power bank if required.
17. How is the weather now?
Summer Temperature Night 20C - Day 39°C approx.
Monsoon rains very heavily please double pack your expensive phones and gadgets
18. Can we smoke or drink alcohol?
NO. People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
19. Can we listen to music on Bluetooth speaker?
Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speaker is not allowed while trekking, Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside homestay.
20. How do I make payment?
You can pay online on our website click on the book now button.
In case your question is not listed above you can email us email@example.com
Whatsapp us 8828004949 - 9764461419
How can I go to Lonavala from Visapur fort?
Drive down straight further for Malavali station and further to Bhaje village. Take an Asiad or ST bus from Swargate at Pune and get down at the Malavali station. Use a share auto costing Rs 40 per person or walk the 2.5 km down. Local train: Take the local train to Lonavala, which runs every hour.
How can I go to Visapur fort?
By Rail: The best way to reach Visapur fort by rail is to catch a direct train to Lonavala railway station, which is well connected to nearby cities and towns. From the station, hire a cab to the fort, located at a distance of around 15 km.