Bhigwan Bird Photography Tour and Mayureshwar WLS on 11th 12th February 2017
Bhigwan Birding Tour
Bhigwan is a small dusty town on the border of Pune and Solapur district in Central Maharashtra, in India. It is located on the Pune-Solapur Highway around 105 km from Pune on the backwaters of Ujani dam. Bhigwan is famous for bird watching especially flamingo and wild life photography. It is also known as mini Bharatpur.
At Bhigwan, many kinds of Ducks, Herons, Egrets, Raptors and Waders along with flocks of hundreds of flamingos can be seen. Variety of birds at Bhigwan gives of sighting of almost all the prime bird species there and also creates great photographic opportunities for wildlife photographers. At times, 1,000-1,200 flamingos are seen. The low rains and low water level has now reduced the number of flamingos over some years. It is a favorite spot for migratory birds, with more than 230 species found here. One can also see painted storks, bar headed geese, demoiselle cranes, etc. These birds can be seen in the winter season between December and March. The bird generally migrates via marine routes and adult females depart from the breeding grounds
Mayureshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
Mayureshwar Wildlife Sanctuary is not only popular for its birds and wildlife population, but also offers stunning landscapes and natural beauty. This small wildlife sanctuary is a home to GazeliabennettiChinkara, Hyena, Canis lupus (Wolf), Vulpes bengalensis (Indian Fox). It is also home to a variety of birds including, Indian roller, black-winged kite, grey hornbill, grey partridge, Eurasian collared dove, white-throated kingfisher, ashy-crowned sparrow lark, shrike, laughing dove, blue-cheeked bee-eater, Indian silverbill, eagle and babbler.
Bird Photography Tour Itinerary
Day 0: Friday
Meet us at Pritam Dhaba Hotel, Dadar (East) @ 11:00 pm
Travel Overnight to Bhigwan - Kumbhargaon
Day 1: Saturday
- Early morning reach Bhigwan / Kumbhargaon
- Freshen up & have breakfast
- First Morning Session We will explore the area using private boat to cover maximum locations and get up close with birds
- Lunch and Rest
- Second Evening session explore the wetland habitat in golden lights considering the sunset.
- Dinner and Stay for the Night
Day 2: Sunday
- Wakeup call early morning and Breakfast
- Last Morning exploration by boat at Lake
- Leave for Mayureshwar Wild Life Sanctuary
- One Hour exploration in Mayureshwar Wild Life Sanctuary
- Lunch on route to Mumbai
- Reach Mumbai by 11 pm
- by Private Vehicle from Dadar to Dadar (Non A/c)
- Simple Home Stay (Dormitory type only)
- Travel Boat charges 2 rounds
- Mayureshwar WLS Entry Fees
- Food : 3 Veg meals, 2 breakfast-Tea, Evening Tea.
- All kinds of Extra Meals / Drinks Ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost, which is not mentioned in the cost, includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to Carry
Recommended Things to Carry
- 2 liter of water
- Bedding - Sleeping mat/bag (compulsory)
- Torch with extra cell (compulsory)
- Windcheater , Camera, Cell Phone (Optional)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Personal Medicine if required
- Extra Pair of clothes
- Good trekking shoes
- A haversack to put all these things.
- Accommodation is at Villager House with 7 people sharing one room with basic washroom facilities
- Basic bedding is available though kindly carry bed sheet
- Food is locally prepared home food and simple and tasty
- Carry Good quality Binoculars for sightings.
How to Register
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs. 3500 per person.
50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 3 days prior to the event date
No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days. No show No Refund.
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation
Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
Treks and Trails India Rules
1. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
2. Treks and Trails reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
3. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact send us a text message.
4. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts/tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
5. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at your own risk).
Disclosures on medical conditions and Event Risk Profile:
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves. The cost mentioned above is for Indian citizens ONLY payable in Indian Rupees.
We recommend you to please take care while walking / climbing / trekking. Wearing of any valuables, ornaments, jewellery etc. is prohibited. Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner. We should strictly follow the code of conduct, to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside. Do not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR. We all are going for an adventurous and interesting trekking expedition. Note, this trek route does not have any fixed/proper/appropriate washrooms or bathrooms.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1 : Save number in your phone book -Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828004949
Step 2 : Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/treksandtrails/
Snap Chat - ttreksandtrail9
Call / Whatsapp Treks and Trails Mumbai - 8828746865 / 8828004949 ( Monday to Saturday - 11 am to 7 pm only )