Bir, famously known as the ‘Paragliding Capital of India’ is a wonderland for all adventure enthusiasts who are awaiting to quench their adrenaline thirst. Not only famous for nerve-wracking adventure sports, but Bir is also a mesmerizing place to take that much-needed break from your frenzy work schedule and city life. Bir provides the perfect backdrop of forests, mountains, pleasant weather and peace to escape from your monotonous life to spend some quality time in the heart of nature. Our cosy backpackers’ hostel is Bir is right across from the main bus stand in the town.
The Bir hostel comprises spacious and comfortable rooms, an extensive open-air café, a hammock laden space to lounge and gaze at the valley views and a cuddly-furry four-legged host. Every window and balcony at the Bir Hostel open ups to majestic mountains views with vivid skies dotted with paragliders. Hostellers can laze around in the common areas with a book or their laptop along with a mug of piping hot coffee/tea in the cold weather. Witness the best panoramic sunset and sunrise views at Bir from the comfort of our Hostel. Put on your big boots, because our hostel staff can arrange adventure activities like rock climbing, hiking and paragliding for you.
Why Work from Hostels?
As we all know that to manage the CoVid-19 crisis, nations all over the world have imposed lockdowns. We all have been homebound for more than a year now. The lockdown has encroached on our personal space and fogged our brains. Till now, we have exhausted all our resources to adjust to it and adopt the ‘Work from Home’ culture. However, deep down we know that’s it’s not working out. Creativity and motivation are at their lowest. Given the circumstances, we decided to launch “Workcation”. Workcation is nothing but a working vacation away from home, in beautiful natural surroundings. The whole idea behind a workcation is to provide an affordable workstation in the lap of nature at an affordable price.
When you opt for a workcation at a hostel, you also get to meet various other artists and backpackers, who might sow the seeds of inspiration in you. Nonetheless, a new upbeat environment and shift in scenery are going to get your brain brewing with productivity and ideas. What’s more, you ask? Film Screenings, Game Nights, Karaoke Sessions, Bonfire, Fun Events and Community Dinners for socialization and enriching your stay. You could even go out exploring and hiking to reward yourself after you’re done with work. So, what are you waiting for? These are enough reasons to gift yourself this much-needed space by opting for a workcation at any of our hostels.
Cost for Workation Bir
- Dorm: Rs. 2500/- (per person - weekly)
- Private room: Rs. 8400/- (per room - weekly)
Amenities and Facilities at the Hostels
- Options to choose from a range of dorms as per budget and needs
- Exclusive Female Dorms
- Availability of Private rooms with AC attached bathrooms and beverage station
- Comfortable bed and bedding
- High-Speed Wi-Fi without any charges
- A package of cooked meals clubbed with a stay package (at extra cost but subsidised rates depending on the duration of stay)
- Inhouse Café
- Community Cooking areas
- Adherence to all the safety protocols with sanitization
- Daily Housekeeping and Sanitization
- Provision of personal secured lockers for all hostellers
- Dedicated Help and Travel Desk
- Common Rooms, Workspaces, Libraries and Open areas
- CCTV secured premises
- Community Events (movie screenings, music sessions etc.)
- Flexibility with regards to moving your stay to any of our eight hostels (for workcationers only)
- Additional services like laundry, airport pick-up, cab services, scooter rentals, extra mattress in rooms etc. (at extra charges and depending on the availability).
- Curated Hikes, Pub Crawls, Adventure Activities, Wildlife Safaris, City Tours (at extra cost)
Location - next to Bir bus stand.
1. What are the Covid safety protocols taken in the Hostels?
It is our priority to make your workcation a safe, hygienic and tension-free excursion. We adhere to the following protocols:
- Regular thermal screening
- Sanitization of baggage and other things
- Contactless check-in
- Provision of Sanitization kits at the welcome desk
- Stringent staff rules
- Repeated cleaning and sanitization of the full hostel
- Extra quarantine room
- Being updated and following with local and central Covid procedures
2. For how long can I book a stay with any of the hostels?
You can book a stay with any of our hostels for a minimum period of one week and a maximum duration of twelve weeks.
3. What kind of room would I be staying in?
Our hostel has the option of occupying a bed in the dormitory as well as booking a private room. On the booking page of our website, you shall be able to select the kind of accommodation you want to go ahead with.
4. What all do the charges include?
The amount you pay only covers the stay. Along with the stay, you will be entitled to avail essential hostel amenities like electricity, hot water and Wi-Fi at no additional costs. Supplementary facilities like pick up, laundry, meals etc are available at extra cost.
5. Are travels included in the cost?
No, the amount you pay is only for your stay at the hostel. All the workcationers have to bear their travel cost. Pick up and drop can be arranged at an extra cost. However, you can discuss your travel plans with our travel team and they would assist with booking tickets or car rentals.
6. Is there a provision for availing meal packages for workcationers?
Yes, we do provide various meal packages for our workcationers. You can buy these packages on your arrival at the hostel or book them in advance. To add a meal plan to your workcation package, please email us.
There are weekly meal plans for all the workcationers:
1. All 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) – INR 3150/-
2. Any 2 meals – INR 2100/-
3. Any 1 meal – INR 1050/-
All of our hostels have also an in-house traveller’s café with a range of food items and cuisines.
Please note –
- Only vegetarian food is served at our cafes.
- The cafes in Manali, Mcleodganj, and Goa are currently not functional. These locations have a community kitchen where you can prepare your food.
7. Are electricity charges included in the pricing?
Yes, absolutely. You don’t have to worry about electricity or Wi-Fi charges as they are included with the stay.
8. With how many people will I be sharing my room?
The dormitory beds are allocated on a first come first serve basis. However, we try to keep occupancy as minimum as possible. Private rooms are available on twin sharing basis.
9. What is the cancellation policy for workcation in hostels?
Only the cancellations which have informed 7 days before the check-in date, shall be eligible for a 100% refund. The refund will be in hostel credits that shall be valid for a lifetime period
In case of cancellations within 7 days of the check-in date, there wouldn’t be any refund and you will have to bear 100% cancellation charges.
10. Do charges for workcations vary?
Yes, workcation charges are not valid for public holidays and other special occasions. If you are booking during these days, you will be charged accordingly and details of which will be mentioned in your booking confirmation email.
11. Is it possible to divide my stay between different locations?
Oh yes! Absolutely. All the workcationers who book for more than one week can avail this offer. You can select to change between any of our 8 hostels after seven days at any given location. For example, if you have a two-week workcation booked with us, you can spend one week in Manali and one week in Bir.
12. What are the particular locations of each hostel?
Delhi – Ashram Chowk, South Delhi.
Goa – Anjuna.
Rishikesh – Tapovan.
Kasol – near Kasol Temple.
Mcleodganj – Upper Bhagsu.
Manali – Club House Road.
Jibhi – Shoja Main Road.
Bir – next to Bir bus stand.
13. Is a Covid negative certificate required to stay at hostels?
It is recommended if you have a Covid negative report which is not old then 72 hours. Also, it is advisable to stay updated with State wise guidelines issued by the Government for the same, before booking. Many states do require a Covid negative report for entering into the state. You can gather information about the guidelines from the official tourism websites of the states.
14. Will I be provided with an exclusive workstation to work from?
Every hostel has common areas where you can work comfortably. Some hostels have additional spaces like libraries and backyards from where you can work. However, we can't provide an individual workstation for everyone.
15. Is the Wi-Fi in the hostel satisfactory to work?
Yes, all the hostels have a speedy Wi-Fi connection which ensures uninterrupted work. Though, some secluded locations do experience mobile network and internet instability from time to time. In that case, our hostel staff would be able to help you out.