Vasota fort is situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam. Met Indavali is the base village of Vasota. From here the forest path leads us to the top of Vasota. It takes two hours to reach the top. It is a gradual climb and through dense forest. It is an ideal trek in winter and summer. The view from top is breath-taking. The fort is covered by a thick reserved forest. On the east side are the backwaters of Shivsagar dam. After that one can see the mountain range of Kas Mahabaleshwar. Steep falls or cliffs on the west side of the fort and the mountain ranges add to the beauty of the place. Nageshwar cave is visible on the north of the fort. It is a two hours trek from Vasota
Batches for Vasota Trekking:
- 15th 16th December 2018
- 22nd 23rd December 2018
- 29th 30th December 2018
- Vasota fort difficulty level: Medium
- Vasota fort endurance level: Very high
- Height of Vasota fort: 3614 ft.
- Base village for Vasota fort: Met Indavali
- District: Satara
- Region: Koyna
- Total time required for climbing: 3 hours
Day 0 – Friday Night
21:45 Meeting at Pritam Dhaba, Dadar(east).
22:00 Departure from Pritam Dhaba.
22:30 Pick up at Chembur Diamond garden.
23:00 Pick up at Vashi below main bridge.
23:15 Pickup at kalamboli near McDonalds.
Day 1 – Saturday
04:00 Reach Bamnoli & Take rest.
06:00 Freshen up.
06:30 Breakfast & Introduction.
07:15 Move towards boating point.
07:30 Start boat ride for Met Indavali.
10:00 Reach Met Indavali.
10:30 Start ascend.
14:00 Reach Vasota fort top & explore fort.
15:30 Start descend.
19:00 Reach Bamnoli at campsite.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 Wake-up call.
06:30 Freshen up.
09:00 Start return journey.
Lunch on the way.
17:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar.
What is included in the tour
- Travel Dadar to Dadar by private vehicle
- 2 veg Breakfast, 2 veg Lunch and 1 veg Dinner
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Forest entry charges
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, Porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping mat, Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars / ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Extra Clothes.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles.