Vasota fort is situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam. Met Indavali is the base village of Vasota. From here the forest path leads us to the top of Vasota. It takes two hours to reach the top. It is a gradual climb and through dense forest. It is an ideal trek in winter and summer. The view from the top is breath-taking. The fort is covered by a thick reserved forest. On the east side are the backwaters of the Shivsagar dam. After that one can see the mountain range of Kas Mahabaleshwar. Steep falls or cliffs on the west side of the fort and the mountain ranges add to the beauty of the place. Nageshwar cave is visible on the north of the fort. It is a two hours trek from Vasota.
Vasota Trek Event Details
- Vasota fort difficulty level: Medium
- Vasota fort endurance level: Very high
- Height of Vasota fort: 3614 ft.
- Base village for Vasota fort: Met Indavali
- District: Satara
- Region: Koyna
- Total time required for climbing: 3 hours
Vasota Trek Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night
22:15 Meeting at Pritam Dhaba, Dadar(east).
22:30 Departure from Pritam Dhaba.
22:45 Pick up at Chembur Diamond garden.
23:15 Pick up at Vashi below main bridge.
23:30 Pickup at kalamboli near McDonalds.
Day 1 – Saturday
04:00 Reach Bamnoli & Take rest.
06:00 Freshen up.
06:30 Breakfast & Introduction.
07:15 Move towards boating point.
07:30 Start boat ride for Met Indavali.
10:00 Reach Met Indavali.
10:30 Start ascend.
14:00 Reach Vasota fort top & explore fort.
15:00 Lunch. (Packed Lunch)
15:30 Start descend.
19:00 Reach Bamnoli at campsite.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 Wake-up call.
06:30 Freshen up.
09:00 Start return journey.
Lunch on the way.
17:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar.
What is included in the tour
- Travel Dadar to Dadar by private vehicle
- 2 veg Breakfast, 2 veg Lunch and 1 veg Dinner
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Forest entry and boating charges
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping mat, Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars / ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Extra Clothes.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If the event gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd