Vasota fort is situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam. Met Indavali is the base village of Vasota. From here the forest path leads us to the top of Vasota. It takes two hours to reach the top. It is a gradual climb and through dense forest. It is an ideal trek in winter and summer. The view from the top is breath-taking. The fort is covered by a thick reserved forest. On the east side are the backwaters of the Shivsagar dam. After that one can see the mountain range of Kas Mahabaleshwar. Steep falls or cliffs on the west side of the fort and the mountain ranges add to the beauty of the place. Nageshwar cave is visible on the north of the fort. It is a two hours trek from Vasota.
Vasota Trek Event Details
- Vasota fort difficulty level: Medium
- Vasota fort endurance level: Very high
- Height of Vasota fort: 3614 ft.
- Base village for Vasota fort: Met Indavali
- District: Satara
- Region: Koyna
- Total time required for climbing: 3 hours
- Cost: Rs. 3500/- per person
Vasota Trek Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night
21:45 Meet at WEH metro station bus stop, Andheri.
22:00 Leave for Vasota trek.
22:15 Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on highway), Bandra.
22:30 Pick up at Sion station circle.
22:45 Pick up at Diamond garden, Chembur.
23:15 Pick up at Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
23:35 Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
Day 1 – Saturday
04:00 Reach Bamnoli & Take rest.
06:00 Freshen up.
06:30 Breakfast & Introduction.
07:15 Move towards boating point.
07:30 Start boat ride for Met Indavali.
10:00 Reach Met Indavali.
10:30 Start ascend.
14:00 Reach Vasota fort top & explore fort.
15:00 Lunch. (Packed Lunch)
15:30 Start descend.
19:00 Reach Bamnoli at campsite.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 Wake-up call.
06:30 Freshen up.
09:00 Start return journey.
Lunch on the way.
17:00 Approx. arrival at Dadar.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private non-Ac veicle
- 2 veg Breakfast, 2 veg Lunch and 1 veg Dinner
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Forest entry and boating charges
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Face mask
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping mat, Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars / ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Extra Clothes.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - email@example.com
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd