Vasota fort is situated on the banks of the Shivsagar dam. Met Indavali is the base village of Vasota. From here the forest path leads us to the top of Vasota. It takes two hours to reach the top. It is a gradual climb and through dense forest. It is an ideal trek in winter and summer. The view from the top is breath-taking. The fort is covered by a thick reserved forest. On the east side are the backwaters of the Shivsagar dam. After that one can see the mountain range of Kas Mahabaleshwar. Steep falls or cliffs on the west side of the fort and the mountain ranges add to the beauty of the place. Nageshwar cave is visible on the north of the fort. It is a two hours trek from Vasota.
Vasota Trek Event Details
- Vasota fort difficulty level: Medium
- Vasota fort endurance level: Very high
- Height of Vasota fort: 3614 ft.
- Base village for Vasota fort: Met Indavali
- District: Satara
- Region: Koyna
- Total time required for climbing: 3 hours
- Cost: Rs. 3499/- per person
Vasota Trek Itinerary
Day 0 – Friday Night
- 09:45 pm - Meet at Borivali National Park main gate.
- 10:00 pm - Leave for the Kaas.
- 10:30 pm - Pick up at Andheri WEH.
- 10:45 pm - Pick up at Kalanagar bus stop (on the highway), Bandra.
- 11:00 pm - Pick up at Sion station circle.
- 11:15 pm - Pick up at Diamond garden, Chembur.
- 11:45 pm - Pick up at Vashi Plaza.
- 12:05 am - Pick up at McDonald's, Kalamboli.
Day 1 – Saturday
05:30 am Reach Bamnoli & Take rest.
06:00 am Freshen up.
06:30 am Breakfast & Introduction.
07:30 am Move towards boating point.
08:00 am Start boat ride for Met Indavali.
10:00 am Reach Met Indavali.
10:30 am Start ascend.
01:00 pm Reach Vasota fort top & explore fort.
02:30 pm Lunch. (Packed Lunch)
03:00 pm Start descend.
05:00 pm Reach at base and move towards Bamnoli by boat.
07:00 pm Reach Bamnoli at campsite.
08:00 pm Dinner.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:00 am Wake-up call.
06:30 am Freshen up.
07:30 am Breakfast.
09:00 am Start return journey.
Lunch on the way.
06:00 pm Approx. arrival at Mumbai
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private non-Ac veicle
- 2 veg Breakfast, 2 veg Lunch and 1 veg Dinner
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Forest entry and boating charges
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 liters of water
- Face mask
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- Sleeping material. (Sleeping mat, Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Proper backpack (No side bag or jholas)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars / ready to eat food
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen.
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine.
- Extra Clothes.
- Identity Proof.
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Whatsapp Broadcast list regular update
Step 1: Save the number in your phone book Treks and Trails India - 8828004949
Step 2: Ping us your name and email
Congratulations you will receive regular event updates now
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/TreksandTrailsMumbai
Meetup - http://www.meetup.com/TreksandTrails-Mumbai-Meetup/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/treksNtrailsInd
Are you an adventurer who loves trekking? Completing a trek can be a life-changing experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories. To commemorate your achievement, TreksandTrails provides e-certificates to all participants who successfully complete their trek. These e-certificates include your name, the name of the trek you completed, the date of completion, and a digital signature from TreksandTrails. They are a perfect way to showcase your accomplishment to the world and share your trekking journey with your loved ones. By receiving an e-certificate from TreksandTrails, you can proudly display your achievement on your social media platforms and inspire others to embark on their own adventures.
Here are some FAQs about our e-certificates:
Q: What is an e-certificate for trekkers and hikers?
A: An e-certificate is a digital certificate awarded to participants upon completion of a trek or hike. It serves as proof of participation and achievement.
Q: How do I receive an e-certificate from TreksandTrails?
A: Upon completion of your trek or hike with TreksandTrails, you will be sent an email with a link to your e-certificate. You can download it from the link and save it on your device or share it on social media platforms.
Q: Can I share my e-certificate on social media platforms?
A: Yes, you can share your e-certificate on all social media platforms. The e-certificate is designed to be easily shareable, so you can show off your achievement to your friends and family.
Eligibility Criteria for a Trekking Certificate:
To be eligible for a trekking certificate, individuals must demonstrate adherence to safety rules, teamwork, and cooperation.
Participants must achieve the following requirements for earning a trekking certificate: completion of the trek; physical fitness; teamwork and cooperation; knowledge of safety rules; environmental awareness; a positive attitude; great attendance; and punctuality. We appreciate their commitment to the sport of trekking and acknowledge their achievements.
Frequently asked questions?
The trailhead for the Vasota Fort Trek?
Vasota fort trek starting point is the village of Met Indavali. Trekkers need to apply for a forest permit. The forest department provides a guide for a boat ride of two hours and connects the trailhead to the trek starting point inside the jungle. Trekkers follow a forest trail to reach the top hill where Vasota Fort is situated.
Vasota fort trek distance from the base village to the Fort is approximately 11 km. The trek is a mix of uphill and downhill walks, usually taking around 6-7 hours to complete, including breaks.
Can you tell me about the Vasota Jungle Trek distance and time required?
The distance of the trek to Vasota Fort varies depending on the starting point and route, but it typically takes around 4-6 hours to complete a round trip. The total distance covered on the trek is approximately 10-12 kilometres (6-7 miles).
Vasota trek booking is available only during the winter and summer months. During the rainy season, the forest area along with the fort for visitors.
Which is one of the best trek points near me?
The Satara region of the Indian state of Maharashtra is home to the historically significant Vasota Fort. It is perched on top of a Western Ghats hill and encircled by thick trees on all sides. The Vasota Killa is a well-known location for hikers and anyone who are enthusiastic about outdoor activities since it provides stunning views of the scenery in the area.
What is the Vasota trek difficulty level?
The difficulty level of the Vasota Fort trek is rated as moderate to difficult. The trail involves a steep ascent through dense forests and rocky terrain and requires a certain level of physical fitness and endurance.
Trekkers should also be prepared for unpredictable weather conditions and be equipped with the necessary gear, such as sturdy shoes, enough water, and appropriate clothing. Despite the challenges, the trek is popular among adventure enthusiasts due to its scenic beauty and the thrill of reaching the historic Vasota Killa.
About the Vasota trek from Pune?
Vasota Fort Trekking is a popular weekend retreat for people interested in experiencing new and exciting things. Met Indavali, the town that serves as the base village for the Vasota Fort Trekking, is approximately 145 kilometres from Pune, which is quite well connected by road. It takes approximately 4 hours to get Met Indavali from Pune, whether you take a car or public means there.
Trekkers can reach the top of the hill where the Vasota Fort is located by following a path through the surrounding forest. The whole distance of the hike is around 10 to 12 kilometres (6-7 miles), and it takes approximately four to six hours to finish the entire hike.
Trek to Vasota Fort from Satara?
The trek to Vasota Fort from Satara is around 40 kilometres. The quickest and most popular route to reach the base village of the walk is by taking a private or public conveyance to the village of Bamnoli, which is the journey's starting point. From Bamnoli, it is an 11-kilometre hike to reach the Vasota Fort.
About the Vasota Fort Trek from Mumbai?
The distance from Mumbai to Vasota Fort is approximately 250 km. The quickest and most convenient way to reach the trek is by taking a train to the city of Satara and then private or public transportation to the base village of the trek, Bamnoli. From Bamnoli, it is an 11 km trek to the Vasota Fort.