Not much has been said about this fort. However it did have strategic importance over a period of time in the western region. Tandulwadi as a fort was originally designed and held by the Portuguese. Later was also taken over by Marathas. The last know owners of the fort were the British army. Thou we can get to this fort by walking 90 minutes from Saphale railways station to reach base village. We can also by public transport to save time.
Tandulwadi Fort Fort Trek Difficulty Grade Medium
Event Details - Tandulwadi Fort Trek
Participants on western line can board in the Churchgate - Dahanu local train which leaves Churchgate at 5.24 am and halting at the below timings on the following stations
- Mumbai Central: 5.34
- Dadar 5:41
- Bandra 5:46
- Andheri 5:55
- Borivali 6:09
- Virar 6:46
- Saphale 7:03
Participants from Central line can board in the Dombivli - Boisar Train which starts from Dombivili at 5:43am and reaches Saphale at 07:24
Trek Tandulwadi Fort Plan
- 07:30 Breakfast
- 08:00 Travel to base village by public transport
- 08:30 Introduction, expectation setting with, rules to be followed, orientation.
- 08:45 Start the trek
- 11:00 Explore the fort & Lunch break
- 11:30 Descend
- 12:30 Lunch
- 15:00 Travel to Mumbai by train
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Saphale railway station to Tandulwadi base village & back
- Breakfast, Tea, 1 Veg lunch
What is NOT included in the tour
- Emergency Medical evacuations if any required
- Insurance and any item / event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
- Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.