Tandulwadi Fort Trek
Not much has been said about this fort. However it did have strategic importance over a period of time in the western region. Tandulwadi as a fort was originally designed and held by the Portuguese. Later was also taken over by Marathas. The last know owners of the fort were the British army. Thou we can get to this fort by walking 90 minutes from Saphale railways station to reach base village. We can also by public transport to save time.
Tandulwadi Fort Fort Trek Difficulty Grade Medium
Event Details - Tandulwadi Fort Trek
Participants on western line can board in the Churchgate - Dahanu local train which leaves Churchgate at 5.24 am and halting at the below timings on the following stations
- Mumbai Central: 5.34
- Dadar 5:41
- Bandra 5:46
- Andheri 5:55
- Borivali 6:09
- Virar 6:46
- Saphale 7:03
Participants from Central line can board in the Dombivli - Boisar Train which starts from Dombivili at 5:43am and reaches Saphale at 07:24
Trek Tandulwadi Fort Plan
- 07:30 Breakfast
- 08:00 Travel to base village by public transport
- 08:30 Introduction, expectation setting with, rules to be followed, orientation.
- 08:45 Start the trek
- 11:00 Explore the fort & Lunch break
- 11:30 Descend
- 12:30 Lunch
- 15:00 Travel to Mumbai by train
What is included in the tour
- Transport from Saphale railway station to Tandulwadi base village & back
- Breakfast, Tea, 1 Veg lunch
What is NOT included in the tour
- Emergency Medical evacuations if any required
- Insurance and any item / event not mentioned in the inclusion list.
- Haversack and sweater/wind cheater to keep hands free, water bottle 3lts.
- Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
- Camera (Optional), please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery (at own risk)
- Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
- Personal medicines. Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
- Good trekking shoes, Extra Pair of Clothes.
- Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
Tandulwadi Fort Trek | Monsoon Trek To Tandulwadi Fort in Palghar
A Monsoon trek to Tandulwadi Fort, gives you limitless fun and adventures to open up a whole new paradigm shift. Enjoy a thrilling trek with friends & family.
Tandulwadi Fort is located near Saphale, 104 km north of Mumbai.
Tandulwadi is a fort located near Saphale about 50 km north of Mumbai, and provides great views of the confluence of Surya and Vaitarna rivers.
Tandulwadi fort was the strategically very important fort in Palghar region. It was used to keep a watch on neighboring forts and the Arabian Sea.
Tandulwadi Fort is located near Saphale, 104 km north of Mumbai. Tandulwadi is not a fully built up fort, but a series of structures spread over the top of the mountain. The fort dates back 800 years and was primarily used as a watch tower over the surrounding plains.
A trek to Tandulwadi Fort in Maharashtra will leave you mesmerized as you enjoy the rustic scenery of the place with your loved ones on your next vacation!
The fort gets its name from the base village, Tandulwadi. While the fort at the top no longer exits, do the trek for views of the Vaitarna and Surya rivers.
Tandulwadi as a fort was originally designed and held by the Portuguese. Later was also taken over by Marathas.
Tandulwadi fort is said to be about 800 years old and was used as reconnoiter fort to keep a watch on neighboring forts and the Arabian Sea.
You can climb through ridges like this one and cross over to 2 neighbouring peaks to get an even better view!
It is a Hill Fort and Monsoon is the best season to go for Tandulwadi Fort Trek.
Incoming search terms related to Tandulwadi: tandulwadi trek height, tandulwadi trek difficulty level, tandulwadi solapur, tandulwadi fort map, tandulwadi near solapur, tandulwadi baramati1, tandulwadi pin code, tandulwadi kolhapur