Tandulwadi Fort Trek
Not much has been said about this fort. However it did have strategic importance over a period of time in the western region. Tandulwadi as a fort was originally designed and held by the Portuguese. Later was also taken over by Marathas. The last know owners of the fort were the British army. Thou we can get to this fort by walking 90 minutes from Saphale railways station to reach base village. We can also by public transport to save time.
Tandulwadi Fort Details
- Tandulwadi Fort Height 1900 feet
- Tandulwadi Fort Trek Grade Medium
- Trek duration 2 hrs from Tandulwadi base village one way
- Tandulwadi Fort Region - Palghar region
Cost for Tandulwadi Trek
- Cost without transport: Rs. 799/- per person
- Cost with transport: Rs. 1299/- per person
Tandulwadi Fort Trek Itinerary
05:45 Meet us at Grand Mama's Cafe, near Kotak ATM, Dadar (east).
06:00 Departure from Dadar in private non-ac bus till base village.
06:15 Pick up at Kala Nagar WEH Bus Stop, Bandra.
06:25 Pick up WEH Metro Station Bus Stop, Andheri.
06:35 Pick up at Pathanwadi Oberoi Mall, Goregaon.
06:50 Pick up at Omkareshwar temple / National park bus stop, Borivali.
07:05 Pick up at Kashimara Police Chowki,
07:10 Pick up at Fountain Hotel, Ghodbundar (Suitable for people coming from THANE)
07:30 Meet us ta Virar Phata (those who are travelling by own transport)
08:30 Reach base village, have breakfast and a short introduction session.
09:00 Start Trekking.
11:00 Reach at top and explore the fort.
12:30 Start descending.
14:30 Reach base village and have lunch.
16:00 Return journey towards Mumbai.
20:00 Reach Dadar and disperse.
- Those who are coming by their own vehicle, please follow all covid-19 safety guideline and reach at base village on time.
- Due to above issue, if you come late or unable to come, will not provide any refund.
What is included in the tour
- Travel by private non-AC bus (with transport option)
- 1 veg breakfast and 1 veg lunch
- Trek Leader expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel till base village and back (without transport option)
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
- 2/3 Liters of water
- Proper face mask or shield
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on the trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 litres
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Good Torch must with an extra battery
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables/phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
Covid Safety Guidelines
- Before planning for any adventure activity, please improve your minimum physical fitness. Most of us have been at home for a lockdown period.
- Please convey your real medical conditions to Treks and Trails India while enrolling for the event.
- Kindly wear three-layered masks, N95. Carry an extra disposable mask with you. Please ensure all participants, leaders, staff, and general persons wear masks before interacting with them.
- Carry with your hand wash, sanitizer bottle, and clean your hands before touching food and objects.
- Cover-up wear full sleeves shirts and full pants, hiking shoes, caps, and face bandana over your mask. Covering up will help reduce exposure to the Covid19 virus.
- Bring your food and water with necessary cutlery like utility mug, fork, and spoon. Your mug can be used for cooking, eating, and drinking water. Carry your reusable water bottles; please don’t share with others.
- Cooperate for temperature checks, questions reading any symptoms, and oxygen level checks; these are done to help you limit the spread of the virus. All these checks will be conducted multiple times during the activities.
- Kindly do not register for the event or travel if you have come in contact with someone who has Covid19 in the last 14 days.
- If you have any symptoms like fever, dry cough, weakness, body aches, etc., at the time of screening. You won't be able to participate in the event. You will have to be evacuated on the medical condition and should report to the nearest healthcare center.
- Maintain a distance of six feet or more while sleeping at night. Incase distance is not possible, try sleeping in a criss-cross manner to avoid face proximity.
- Please bring your garbage back to the city and dispose of it in your bin.
- Consuming any alcohol, cigarettes, pan masala, tobacco, drugs should be avoided; they induce a lot of spitting, urinating, and passive smoke, which can be harmful for the general population.
- Avoid touching new surfaces and touching your mask and face continuously.
- If your adventure destination is overcrowded, be prepared to change your location or wait for the crowd to reduce.
- If any participant, trek leader test positive after returning from the event within 14 days of the Activity. They should maintain transparency and inform Treks and Trails India. It will help all others isolate themselves and get tested. Participants and Treks and Trails will cooperate to help manage the situation.
- Carry your own personal gear.
- Keep the conversation with unknown people to a minimum and maintain a distance of more than 6 feet while talking.
- Avoid speaking with the general population and maintain distance to keep yourself safe in these difficult times.
- Participant need to install the Arogya Setu app
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to the event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek gets canceled, we will refund "Trek Amount" only.
- If the event is canceled due to any natural calamity, political unrest or other such reasons beyond our control the same cancellation policy will apply.
Treks and Trails Event Rules
- Kindly carry one Identity proof, at least for the trek with your address.
- We all are going for an adventurous and exciting trekking expedition; please Do Not misinterpret it as a PICNIC or LEISURE TOUR.
- The leader's decision will be final, and all the members should abide by it.
- We do not destroy or dirty the archaeological, historical monuments, natural habitat on the trek.
- Swimming is not allowed in the lake or water tank on the forts. Locals use that water for drinking.
- Putting your feet in water tanks or on the canon is not allowed on our treks.
- Any addiction is strictly prohibited, e.g. drinking, smoking, chewing tobacco anyone caught doing it will have to exit the trek without a refund and travel back on own expense.
- People caught smoking or drinking alcohol will be asked to exit the event on an immediate basis.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewellery, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Trekking, or any adventure activity is potentially risky. For all these events, you are at your own risk. Organizers are not responsible for any accident or compensation in whatsoever manner.
- We should strictly follow the code of conduct to avoid troubling our fellow trekkers or other people from our group or outside.
- Listening to music on earphones or Bluetooth speakers is not allowed while trekking.
- Bluetooth speaker not allowed inside the homestay or camping tents.
- Drinking/smoking,/eating is not allowed inside the tents.
- If you damage the tent, break the tent poles, you will have to pay us for the whole new tent on MRP.
- If you are late for the bus pickup and are not reachable on the phone during your bus pickup, the trek leader will leave without you, and we will provide no refund.
- Please check things to carry and wear trekking shoes on our treks.
Tandulwadi Fort Trek | Monsoon Trek To Tandulwadi Fort in Palghar
A Monsoon trek to Tandulwadi Fort, gives you limitless fun and adventures to open up a whole new paradigm shift. Enjoy a thrilling trek with friends & family.
Tandulwadi Fort is located near Saphale, 104 km north of Mumbai.
Tandulwadi is a fort located near Saphale about 50 km north of Mumbai, and provides great views of the confluence of Surya and Vaitarna rivers.
Tandulwadi fort was the strategically very important fort in Palghar region. It was used to keep a watch on neighboring forts and the Arabian Sea.
Tandulwadi Fort is located near Saphale, 104 km north of Mumbai. Tandulwadi is not a fully built up fort, but a series of structures spread over the top of the mountain. The fort dates back 800 years and was primarily used as a watch tower over the surrounding plains.
A trek to Tandulwadi Fort in Maharashtra will leave you mesmerized as you enjoy the rustic scenery of the place with your loved ones on your next vacation!
The fort gets its name from the base village, Tandulwadi. While the fort at the top no longer exits, do the trek for views of the Vaitarna and Surya rivers.
Tandulwadi as a fort was originally designed and held by the Portuguese. Later was also taken over by Marathas.
Tandulwadi fort is said to be about 800 years old and was used as reconnoiter fort to keep a watch on neighboring forts and the Arabian Sea.
You can climb through ridges like this one and cross over to 2 neighbouring peaks to get an even better view!
It is a Hill Fort and Monsoon is the best season to go for Tandulwadi Fort Trek.
Incoming search terms related to Tandulwadi: tandulwadi trek height, tandulwadi trek difficulty level, tandulwadi solapur, tandulwadi fort map, tandulwadi near solapur, tandulwadi baramati1, tandulwadi pin code, tandulwadi kolhapur